“Nice hotel but some resovations”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel over a weekend for business, rooms good quality but compared to other hotels basic is what I would say.
The rooms were clean and spacious, but they had a cold feeling. On the Friday night there was a laid on dinner for the group that I was a member of that was good the quality was fine.
The down falls were when I got there I meet a colleague and we had a drink in the bar, and a pint of John Smiths, and a sparking water came to over £6.00 that is a bit on the expensive side. When I went down for breakfast on the Saturday morning, bearing in mind that the group I was with had a meeting starting at 9am so you would expect that the restaurant would not be that busy but it was, it was full and not only from the group I was staying with. The continental breakfast was fine, the cereal's that they had on offer not a problem. It was the cooked breakfast they were all in a line, and the dishes they were in were had like little heaters under them, except that all the items of the cooked breakfast were cold, and did not realise this until got back to the table and was eating it.

Upon checking out on the Sunday the person on reception said was everything ok, and when I said that the breakfast was cold on the Saturday morning, all that was said was Sorry to hear that.

It would seem that the room rates are not high, and that Raddison makes their money through the bar. Having stayed at other Raddison hotels this is not in the same league as them, which is a shame.

If I stayed here again I think I would do what I did on the Sunday and that is to opt for the continental breakfast not a cooked English one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SotonDavid
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear SotonDavid,

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn Manchester City Center, I am very disappointed to hear that your experience of the hotel has not lived up to your expectations. In relation to your comments on how busy breakfast was during your stay, the hotel does try to stagger our guests coming down to enjoy breakfast, however the restaurant does get busy and the team do endeavor to continue to provide the high level of service expected from our valued guests.

In regards to the food not being hot on returning to your table after selecting your items from our buffet. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef in regards to the quality of the food so that we can investigate and improve.

In relation to the service received from the team during check out, i am disappointed that we were unable to deliver our usual high standards of service and please let me reassure you that this will be addressed with the team and re training will take place where needed.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location to get to and park your vehicle, walking distance to Bars,shopping,eating,arena,train station,trams.Friendly greeting on arrival with swift check in.Room was on 4th floor at the rear overlooking a courtyard (not great views but had a reasonable deal on room last minute and we are out most of the day) clean and tidy with comfortable bed and pillows and crisp sheets,tea,coffee etc.
Good nights sleep,seams to be used more for business rather than rowdy parties.Hotel was busy at breakfasts and had a slight wait for replenishing of bacon eggs nothing major and worth the wait for fresh. check out friendly and swift, overall good experience would use again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: ask for city view (brighter rooms)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Foreveryoung27,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear that you found your visit to the the hotel up to your expectations, Please be assured your positive comments have been passed over to the team.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in April for a "jolly boys" outing with 5 work mates to watch the Man Utd v Norwich game, an excellent welcome and the staff were extremely good at what they do. The cars were well looked after in the NCP Multi-storey across the road, food was brilliant, rooms were very clean, will definitely stay again, when I bring the wife up for a shopping spree, at least I'll be able to go round the club shop at Old Trafford again. Location is exceptional.

Room Tip: Didn't do the Spa so can't really rate it, if you go to the indoor restaurant and club area...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear David.

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel and the team to be exactly what you needed during your stay in Manchester!

i am pleased to hear that you will be joining us again when you return with your wife for a shopping spree! I hope you were able to enjoy the Football Museum close to the hotel, if not be sure to catch this attraction on your next visit!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel Saturday the 25th may for one night. At check in we were greeted by a wonderful , friendly receptionist named Scott, he made us feel very welcome. He offered us a late check out and gave us a drink voucher to receive a free drink from him. my stay from start to finish was great. Extremely clean and spacious room with little extras such as bottles of complementary water and a Marie clare magazine. Breakfast was by the best I have eaten in manchester. We decided to have dinner at the hotel too , food great and so was service too. look forward to my next visit and would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floors larger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay with the Park Inn Manchester City Center, I am delighted to hear that Scott went above and beyond to make you feel welcome to the hotel and with the little touches in your room along with complimentary drink voucher made your experience at the hotel extra special.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to Scott and he was very flattered by your remarks.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Positive- Very good location for the town. excellent staff. clean room. good facilities. price good

Negative- Parking had to sort out on day arrived (stress) we fund allocation near a travel lodge that provided over night for £9.50 secure. the parking opposite was £18.
We stayed in room 434 this did look out to an office so you did feel watched however I would recommend it

I would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear you found the parking an issue during your stay, although the hotel does not have onsite car parking, we do recommend the NCP at the Phones4U Arena for which we offer our valued guests a 20% discount from bringing the price to £12.00 per 24 hours, the reason we recommend this specific NCP is due to the proximity to the hotel along with this being the most secure. there are alternatives to this car park however they are not as secure and you would leave your car at your own discretion .

I am sorry to hear you found your room allocation to be unsatisfactory, if you wish to contact me on the below number I would be happy to put a note on your profile to ensure that where possible you will be allocated to a room not overlooking the offices next to the hotel.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

0161 832 6565

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I loved this hotel, so nice, close to my show, really comfy bed, free wifi, which i was happily surprised by. and because i was leaving really early and i paid for a breakfast they gave me one for on the go. So was very happy with the service i received.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear 179rachaelh,

I am very pleased you found the team to be helpful during your stay with us, I am gutted to hear that you were unable to enjoy our range of breakfast items to start your day, however I am pleased to hear that the team were able to organize a take away breakfast for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

An excellent experience and a value for money choise. City center is just round the corner and this is important if you don't want to waste too much time in taxiw. The style of the hotel itself is very modern and the staff friendly and helpfull. The only negative is the expensive use of computer (30p per minute), if you do not bring a laptop with you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Nicholas P,

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel and the team perfect for your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear you felt our business center charges are expensive, I will ensure your feedback is passed on for review.