“Love the place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Katsu, that one word is what puts this place above the other Asian restaurants in Mcr
Yes the Suchi is good, fresh and well priced, but please, try the Katsu!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have been going to the Samsi on Whitworth St for the last 10 years, the food, the service, the staff have always been excellent. This was our first visit to Spinningfields, it took the best part of 25 mins to get our meal ordered, we waited 30 mins for the first course (Tempura) another 35 mins for the main, my Wife and Mother had the Bento boxes (rubbish) and after nearly 2 hours we decided to call it day. All this against the place not even being busy, and we noticed people walking out, fed up waiting, at least we got food. Not the standard we come to expect from the Samsi, rubbish food, rubbish service, rubbish all round.

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The 1st time we went to Samsi in Spinningfields their card machine broke down whilst we were trying to pay. It took nearly 30 minutes to sort out as they tried to make me pay twice - saying they would give me a refund if I had paid twice but that I would have to go back to the restaurant for this! I insisted I would not enter my pin twice and sure enough, a call to the bank proved I had already paid!

We gave them the benefit of the doubt as the food was good and tried to return a month later. We entered the restaurant around 8pm to be told that even though the restaurant was quiet that the wait for food would be 30 minutes - FOR SUSHI!!! We left.

Finally, we had friends visiting this week who wanted Sushi. We are newish to Manchester and do not know of many other sushi restaurants so went to Samsi in Spinningfields - with much trepidation. We arrived at 8.15pm to be told that they close at 8pm on Mon-Weds.8PM!!!!!!!!!! This is not what it says on their website nor the front door!!! What the hell are they doing closing when many people want to eat.

We will NEVER be returning

1  Thank RobC78
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Excellent value, staff great, we go back over and over again

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Visited today for the first time. After reading about Japanese Bento Boxes I googled to find the nearest resteraunt that served them. I went for the deluxe Seafood Bento Box, it was packed with a good selection off seafood cooked in various Japanese styles. The quality and quantity were just right and you also got to choose 4 pieces of sushi to accompany the Bento Box. I really enjoyed the food, the only downside was that the resteraunt was really cold and we just couldn't get warm. Unfortunately it took the edge off the experience, I will go again but I'll wait until Summer.