“Rip off!” 1 of 5 bubbles

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Rip off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews didn't think they could be that bad but they were spot on!!! Got a deal apparently £27.50 afternoon tea plus vat then surprise surprise a service charge of 10% no mention of this anywhere! £33 total. Then we wanted cocktails and was moved into another room but had to settle our bill first. Didn't think 2 cocktails each to be £73 between 3 I expected about £60 but then again vat and service charge!!!! I'm still laughing coz if I didn't i would cry! Plus the service was absolutely terrible, waited 15 minutes to be served when we got there. NEVER EVER AGAIN! Oh I forgot the food 2 triangles 3 cakes tasty but wouldn't fill a cat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience - will never go back!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited Cloud 23 a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening, I've been before so am aware that there is normally a wait downstairs before being allowed in the lift upstairs. We waited approx 35/40 minutes downstairs before we got the lift upstairs. On entering the bar it was only about half full. We though we were being made to wait as it was quite busy in the bar as not many people were leaving!! Clearly we were being held downstairs to make upstairs appear busier!!

As if the wait downstairs wasn't bad enough we then waited another 10 minutes to have our order taken then another 30minutes to receive our drinks!! I did manage to catch one of the front of house staff to see if they could chase our order and they never came back to me to let me know what the delay was!!

All in all a terrible experience and sopmewhere i will never return. 1 hour and 20 min for 2 drinks and £20 bill for the pleasure!! Safe to say we didn't leave a tip!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank GLP82
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horrific Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited the Hilton with my friends for afternoon tea. Bear in mind we went for afternoon "TEA" and it took one hour for our tea to be brought to us. I even asked for it after half an hour and it still never came. We had eaten all our cakes and sandwiches at this point. Absolutely terrible service and would definitely would not recommend. I was really looking forward to visiting and taking my friends there as they are not from Manchester but I will not be going again. From reading the reviews below I do not understand why the service us so terrible as every review is awful. The cakes were poor quality as well. i have visited smaller tea room in Manchester and received scones double the size than what i received here. I would definitely recommend Rosy Lee's tea rooms or Great John Street Hotel over Cloud 23.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank AliCle123
Lytham St Annes
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Won't be going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have been going to cloud 23 for couple of years now it's an easy meeting place for 6 of us who meet up all living different areas of the north. How it has changed champagne afternoon tea fails to tell you that you are actually paying more than it says on the menu. £45 for glass champagne glass of wine 2 small sandwiches 1 small wrap and I mean tiny. Few small cakes and cup Coffee I think this is over the top on anybody's standards ok so there's the view but only if you have a window seat which we didn't. Couple of the ladies came out feeling really hungry and light in there purse. Oh well as we meet 6 times a year we will be looking at other venues but no matter what will not be returning here. Oh and £3 more for a Saturday WHY same food same venue same service and now added 10 per cent service charge outrages. Got very greedy and lost the plot on what the customer wants.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kathleen28
Mirissa, Sri Lanka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Serve a good cocktail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered share plates and cocktails here. The food was tasty and the cocktails were made really well, something that is not always easy to find! There are amazing views and the bar has an elegant feel. We stayed here for a few hours on a saturday night and received great table service.

Visited January 2014