“Great Views”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Views”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited with a friend for cocktails, pre dinner elsewhere. I had pre booked a slot, so we didn't have to wait. I'd recommend doing this on line before you visit.

Cocktails were very good, the service was a little slow, but our lady was very knowledgable when we asked about a particular cocktail.

The views are fab, I do think you do get the feeling that you are in a hotel, rather than a cosy cocktail bar, it has a sense of 'corporate' about it, awful carpet and a big airy space. It wasn't full, and I thought the particular area we were sat in would have benefited from a couple more tables to make it feel a bit more intimate.

You will get as good cocktails elsewhere in Manchester for slightly cheaper, but then you are visiting for the view, not somewhere to stay all night, but worth the visit - especially if you have pre-booked a time slot.

Visited June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great views but disappointing afternoon tea.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had been given a voucher for Christmas and had been looking forward to the afternoon tea. We chose the champagne option. The service of the champagne was prompt and the sandwiches followed soon after. Unfortunately I had to ask for the tea, maybe I wasn't expected to order it. The sandwich content was quite disappointing particularly a bog standard ham one.
The view from Cloud 23 at the Hilton is spectacular and well wort a visit. I would recommend cocktails in the bar and don't bother with afternoon tea.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nigel G
UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Our Experience was great!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Luckily I hadn't read the reviews before coming to Cloud 23, otherwise it may have been a different story. However our experience for birthday cocktails was really impressive - we had made a reservation so didn't have to do the lift wait. Our waitress, Hollie, was attentive, knowledgable and helped make it a special night.

We had a mix of alcoholic and non cocktails which were creative as well as some of the traditional, also didn't bat an eyelid when we went off menu. Nibbles were ok, but not really anything to right home about.

Visited June 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Rip off!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews didn't think they could be that bad but they were spot on!!! Got a deal apparently £27.50 afternoon tea plus vat then surprise surprise a service charge of 10% no mention of this anywhere! £33 total. Then we wanted cocktails and was moved into another room but had to settle our bill first. Didn't think 2 cocktails each to be £73 between 3 I expected about £60 but then again vat and service charge!!!! I'm still laughing coz if I didn't i would cry! Plus the service was absolutely terrible, waited 15 minutes to be served when we got there. NEVER EVER AGAIN! Oh I forgot the food 2 triangles 3 cakes tasty but wouldn't fill a cat

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience - will never go back!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited Cloud 23 a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening, I've been before so am aware that there is normally a wait downstairs before being allowed in the lift upstairs. We waited approx 35/40 minutes downstairs before we got the lift upstairs. On entering the bar it was only about half full. We though we were being made to wait as it was quite busy in the bar as not many people were leaving!! Clearly we were being held downstairs to make upstairs appear busier!!

As if the wait downstairs wasn't bad enough we then waited another 10 minutes to have our order taken then another 30minutes to receive our drinks!! I did manage to catch one of the front of house staff to see if they could chase our order and they never came back to me to let me know what the delay was!!

All in all a terrible experience and sopmewhere i will never return. 1 hour and 20 min for 2 drinks and £20 bill for the pleasure!! Safe to say we didn't leave a tip!!

Visited May 2014