“Poor service”

ROCHDALE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Poor service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We booked for a party of six mid week to cellebrate my daughters 21st birthday. We were told that because it was for six people we would have to pre-order the drinks and let them know via email our requirements and also a deposit of £20 per person was needed. This meant I had to contact everyone and send them the menu which is time consuming. When we arrived at the correct time we were told to wait for 15 minutes before being allowed in the lift.Then when we sat down the waiter informed us they had not got the list to hand and could we re-order.The bill was expensive but what annoyed me was that they added 10% on for service. I would have complainned but my wife did not want to detract from what should have been a very nice experience for my daughter. Places that charge 10% should at least make sure that they have given you a service worthy of that charge which in this case was over £20.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Late night cocktails by city lights”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After a night on the town we returned to the Hilton at 11pm and thought we would try and get into cloud 23. Fortunately our luck was in and a table was available. Great city views at night so ordered a couple of cocktails. Unfortunately we couldn't order any nibbles as chef had gone home. Shame really as the cocktails were great. Only food available was some toffee popcorn which I thought would be complimentary but no we had to pay 3.50 for. A star knocked off for that otherwise a great time in cloud 23.

Preston, Lancashire
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The lovely food is outshone by the views”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Attentive but not fussy service, tasty food (and enough to fill you up) and marvellous views. We had the champagne afternoon tea and we were given our glass of champagne on arrival. As it was a special birthday, they seated us in a corner seat with windows on all sides, allowing us to really appreciate the views (although with floor to ceiling windows, every seat has a panoramic view).
There was a selection of teas and coffees (suggestion - in The Library Lounge in London, you get a box of the teas to 'sniff' at so you can decide on new flavours. This would be helpful as descriptions don't always help) and the food was lovely. We had salmon and beef sandwiches, a savoury wrap and a leek/cheese pastry, with a clotted cream scone, lemon cake, champagne & strawberry jelly plus a chocolate mint tart. All were delicious.
The champagne tea was just shy of £30/head and we felt this was pretty reasonable for the location.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Views”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited with a friend for cocktails, pre dinner elsewhere. I had pre booked a slot, so we didn't have to wait. I'd recommend doing this on line before you visit.

Cocktails were very good, the service was a little slow, but our lady was very knowledgable when we asked about a particular cocktail.

The views are fab, I do think you do get the feeling that you are in a hotel, rather than a cosy cocktail bar, it has a sense of 'corporate' about it, awful carpet and a big airy space. It wasn't full, and I thought the particular area we were sat in would have benefited from a couple more tables to make it feel a bit more intimate.

You will get as good cocktails elsewhere in Manchester for slightly cheaper, but then you are visiting for the view, not somewhere to stay all night, but worth the visit - especially if you have pre-booked a time slot.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great views but disappointing afternoon tea.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had been given a voucher for Christmas and had been looking forward to the afternoon tea. We chose the champagne option. The service of the champagne was prompt and the sandwiches followed soon after. Unfortunately I had to ask for the tea, maybe I wasn't expected to order it. The sandwich content was quite disappointing particularly a bog standard ham one.
The view from Cloud 23 at the Hilton is spectacular and well wort a visit. I would recommend cocktails in the bar and don't bother with afternoon tea.

Visited May 2014