“Still very good, but is it me, or has the music become much louder?”
Review of BLounge

BLounge
Ranked #1,302 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Still very good, but is it me, or has the music become much louder?”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having regularly used the BLounge during my occasional visits to Manchester, and having last eaten here in September 2013, I popped in with a group of colleagues in April intending to eat, but we were driven away by the music being far too loud.

I visited again in June, firstly for a drink with a former colleague, then returning later to eat. The little bar on the left as one enters doesn't have speakers, so is a little more quiet, and I was told that there was another area at the back without speakers. This was just acceptable.

There was an offer which included pinot grigio at only £9.95 a bottle and I still regard the food as being good value, in an attractive venue. But the noise level certainly lost the pub good business in April and I would only go back if I could get a seat in one of the quiet(er) areas.

The management needs to decide whether the noise level generates more trade than it is losing.

• Visited June 2014

hull englanfd
“friendly”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a really enjoyable night. Staff very helpful and the service was great. Will definitely go back next time we in Manchester.

Visited April 2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Cheers”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Ok bar close to hotel - nothing special - better DJ needed. Drinks average price - would pop in again but only for 1 drink

Visited May 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Music”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself and my girlfriend shared a Mega Platter on our last visit. Amazing food, fun and helpful staff and great atmosphere. Will definitely be visiting again!

• Visited March 2014
sheffield
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Called in for a meal on the way to our hotel as the Blounge was on route from the station. Lovely food especially the giant open sandwiches!!! Nice and stylish inside. Food prices are reasonable considering what you get for your money. Called in again on way back to station as we enjoyed it so much

Visited December 2013