“Perfect place to stay for 1 night or even 1 month!”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay for 1 night or even 1 month!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

It is our 2nd time of staying in Roomzzz and we couldn't fault it one bit. We booked 2 more stays on the blue cross sale as we are now loyalty member, meaning we can get even cheaper rooms and they are fantastic! Very pleasant reception staff, always very helpful. The rooms are massive, luxurous and exceptionally clean and have everything you need! All cooking equipment you would need! Very comfy beds, huge wet room bathroom, apple mac linked in to a widescreen tv, perfect! Only thing I would fault is due to the snow and bad weather the windows outside were a little dirty. We have already booked another stay in march. Central location to everywhere. Shopping, clubs, bars. Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Even the basic studios are great!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tate1921
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback and such a high review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our central location and the room lived up to your expectations. I’m really pleased you thought our staff to be pleasant and very helpful. Please be sure that I will pass the message to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back in March.

Kind Regards
Guntars Tiskus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I should start by saying that I got a good late deal for £60, then was given an upgrade, so found myself in a "grande apartment". I absolutely loved the room: it was a great touch to have a computer as well as wifi in the room, there was lots of space, an incredibly comfortable bed and a fantastic shower. The kitchenette is very basic, but perfect if all you want to do is put together a simple meal or warm up a ready meal. The rooms are very stylish, and the four-poster bed would also be great if you wanted a more romantic break (mine was just for business). The "Grab and Go" breakfast was a nice touch and all the staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. I was going out for the evening and had an early start, but just wish I'd had more time to enjoy the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Liz V
Dear Liz V,

Thank you for sharing such a great review and feedback with the Tripadvisor Community.

It is fantastic to be able to share with the team such great comments; we all genuinely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Roomzzz Manchester.

Best wishes
Hale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great; service focused and friendly staff. Excellent location in the city center. I travel to Manchester 6 times a year - I have tried many hotels and this is my favorite. The weekends are noisier than the week because of the different type of client that stays. Aside from that, a good home from home

• Stayed February 2012
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed in this Aparthotel for a wkend away in Manchester. Could not find one fault with the accommodation, the location was perfect, a ten min stroll from the centre of Manchester and only a 3 pound taxi drive to the area the "printworks". The accommodation was spotless, the bed was soo comfy. The Grab and Go breakfast was perfect, and there hot chocolate was amazing!!! Couldnt recommend this place enough to stay, will defo go back if I am in Manchester again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Nicola,

Thank you so much for sharing such a fantastic review of the Roomzzz Hotel. So glad you enjoyed the Complimentary Grab and Go Breakfast and your stay, see you very soon.

Best Wishes
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I booked the Liberty Suite for myself and my husband over a weekend in manchester. The room was large and had a great street view of Chinatown (nice big windows so didn't feel hemmed in). Good attention to detail and all the facilities you need for self catering. The shower room was also a good size with a nice big rain shower. There was a massive TV at the end of our bed so we could be ultra lazy!! I chose the Liberty room because of the dining table which made a difference if you want to dine in.
The Mac computer was a really good extra.
The location was great, very close to the city centre - about 10min walk from Picadilly station. The grab and go breakfast is at reception and you can grab & take it back to your room!
I forgot to take my earplugs with me but actually there wasn't much noise at all!

The only slight gripes I had was the room took a while to heat up and being january I did feel a bit cold when I first arrived - it took a good 2 hours before it felt warm. It would have been nice to have a heated towel rail in the bathroom, & lighting suitable for applying make up (!!). But really these are minor gripes and didn't affect my stay.

Overall I would say if you want luxury accommodation in manchester and you like the freedom of self catering this is a good value option. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: room 207 is a corner street view room with lots of windows so good view.
2 Thank Lucy C
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Lucy C

Thank you for sharing your review! I’m really pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in the room. It is genuinely inspiring to read and share with the team such positive feedback from our Guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Roomzzz Manchester very soon.

Kind regards
Ribble Valley, Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We booked for a 1 night trip for a night out in Manchester.
Check in was fast, friendly & efficient. We found ourselves with the 'key' to Room 101 which was slightly unsettling although our fears were unfounded. The room (a Grande Studio) was on the first floor overlooking Portland Street. Our first impressing was that the room was COLD. We soon found the controls for the air con and switched it on (& turned up the temp considerably); as the room had a high ceiling and was also fairly large it did not warm-up in the hour before we went out for the evening. We left the temp turned-up in the hope that by the time we returned the room would be warm as toast. When we did come back later that evening, we mentioned to the concierge who was keen to help and no sooner had we got up to our room that he rang to check that we were now warm. We were, thankfully.
Being on the first floor it was a little disconcerting to be able to 'eyeball' people sitting on the bus waiting at the traffic lights just outside our window, which meant that we had to keep the shutters closed, although the glass may be reflective(?).
Our room was an 'adapted' one, so there were emergency pull-cords and the shower was also adapted.
The room & bathroom were both extremely clean, the bed very comfortable, kitchen area well-stocked with plates, glasses, pans etc & was also spotlessly clean. The free WiFi worked well (fast) and the Apple Mac a lovely touch. We didn't partake of the Grab & Go breakfast as we had other plans, but we did buy a couple of things from the 'pantry' in Reception. Overall a good place to stay, but I would want to be on a hgher floor next time & arrive to a warm room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed review. It is only through such feedback we can learn and improve. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

We very much pride ourselves on our exceptional service and we are on hand, literally 24/7 to respond and react to comments and suggestions made by our guests. Allow me to offer my apologies for the room not being worm and do wished that you had contacted reception, we would have been only too happy to help.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in Roomzzz Manchester and ask when you next intend to visit you would kindly contact me in order that I can ensure you a comfortable and enjoyable stay. manchester@roomzzz.co.uk

Kind regards,
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

A must stay if you are visiting Manchester. I stayed in a superior double room (I think they call it a Grande studio) and loved it! You have a fully equipped kitchenette, a huge king sized bed, a mini seating area with a couch, a bathroom with a long deep bath (for all of you 6ft and over like we both are you can actually stretch out in it!!) and a shower with a huge shower head that gives the rain fall effect, ipod docking station, and free internet with the mac provided. We took our own food and drink but if you forget they have a mini pantry down stairs and breakfast is also included in the price (make sure you are down stairs before 10.30). Oh and the staff are lovely too. I guess the only bad thing is the parking (I paid £19.40) and I have just read a review that says the staff give you a discount but I didn't know to ask for this :(. Apart from that fab, gorge hotel, the Ibis next door is £30 cheaper but no breakfast and no luxury, the choice is yours :)

Dear SusanOuk,

Such a fantastic review is inspiring to read.

Thank you for sharing this with Tripadvisor,

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Roomzzz Manchester very soon.

Warm regards,