“A lovely time...”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We have just returned from 2 night's at Roomzzz. The location is great on Princess Street, a stones throw from Canal Street and easy walking distance for city centre shopping. China Town is literally on your doorstep for a cheap and cheerful meal.

We arrived Sunday and was met by a lovely receptionist, I wish I had got her name as she is a credit to the company. Very friendly and helpful and even helped me take my bags to the room as the other half had disappeared on a loo run :)

The room was lovely, we stayed in a Grand Studio, I had originally booked a Maxima Suite but due to changing the dates to stay over New Year the suite was not available, however the Grand Studio was more than adequate, plenty of room, lovely comfy four poster style bed, sitting area, cute little kitchen and a lovely bathroom with double monsoon shower or a smaller little shower on the wall that I used sometimes for a quick morning shower. My only SLIGHT criticism was the water was not hot enough for me, it was a decent warmth but I do sometimes like a red hot shower especially after being out shopping in the freezing cold and the water was just warm.

We went out to Cloud 23 at the Hilton on Sunday night, amazing place if you have never been, just a short taxi drive away £4 at the most. Cocktails are a bit pricey at £9.25 but the view and ambience more than make up for it. Having returned to the hotel about midnight the night staff were again lovely, the staff at this hotel are a credit to Roomzzz everyone is always smiling and asking if you are well which is a refreshing change from the usual receptionists I have experienced in other Manchester hotels.

New Years Eve we were back in the hotel before the bells and I was pleasantly surprised that there was no noise from other guests and that there was no noise from outside other than fireworks going off. I know some reviews have complained about noise from the street but we didn't hear any, perhaps because we were at the back of the hotel.

I can not recommend this hotel enough, I have ALWAYS been a Malmaison fan and we decided to give Roomzzz a chance as their bigger rooms were considerably cheaper in price than Malmaison over the New Year period and I have to say I will never use Malmaison again now I've found this little gem :)

Well done Roomzzz I'm converted!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KelcoLeeds
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this lovely place twice before and also been to Leeds as well and had 2 nights there , first time was our wedding night 2 years ago and we thought New Year's Eve would be great . It is great facilities superb , cony bed warm room , Apple Mac to use , nice bathroom , great location , we use a lot of Manchester hotels for evenings out and this is right up there as our favourite . Off to the new one in Newcastle in February I think . And more stays are sure to follow . Thanks and happy new year

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank StockportRacca
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This was a beautiful hotel I booked the maxima suite room 505 as it was my husbands birthday and I had booked tickets for him and myself to go and watch his favorite team man Utd .

The room was very clean and tidy it was like we had never left home the bath is huge it can hold at least 2 people and you can relax and njoy the tv that they have installed in front of the bath tub, shower was nice too it was at least a double .

the concierge service was very polite and helpful when we could not work out how to turn up the heat they explained over the phone in detail and offered to even come up and do it for us if we could not do it.

There's a vast amount of Chinese restaurants on china town across the road from the hotel the city centre is around a 15-20 minute walk up the road.

If you decide to go to Manchester this hotel will not disappoint and if your going to a man Utd match you can get a tram at Piccadilly Circus which is 5 mins walk from the hotel there are normally ticket advisers at the tram station so they can advise you the best route to take to get to old Trafford overall it was a great trip will be heading back soon.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

Great location as we were very central to everything we wanted. Staff were friendly on arrival.
We upgraded when we arrived as it was my 40th birthday. The suite we were given was not much different to the basic room a family member had, only difference really was a creaky spiral staircase up to a kitchen. Was not worth the extra cost though the room was very comfortable.
Not much choice on the grab and go breakfast but what was there was tasty and fresh.
One of our rooms was very noisy, due to the renovations in the reception, which was like a building site.
On checking out there was a lot of unnecessary confusion over paying for three rooms together, staff not very organised.
No bathroom ( toilet ) in reception area which we found a little odd.

I would return to stay but only in the basic rooms as it is a lovely place.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We booked a standard room for a two night stay over the weekend of the 1st December 2012 and thought it was great for the price. The room was larger than expected, boutique style and spotlessly clean. The kitchen area had everything you needed - microwave, hob, kettle, toaster and even a dishwasher. They even supply a dishwasher tablet, washing up liquid and a tea towel. The bathroom had a double monsoon shower and double sinks. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and I had a great nights sleep (and I never sleep well in hotels). It is located on the edge of China Town with all the main shopping within 5 mins walk and the MEN Arena within 20 mins walk. Breakfast was actually a bonus as we did not know it was included and consisted of nice fresh croissants and pastries, fruit, cartons of fruit juice and hot drinks from a machine which makes latte, cappuccino, hot chocolate etc. - I'd recommend the hot chocolate! Couple of small negatives - the lighting is very subtle, even in the bathroom so makes putting on make up a little challenging. There is no plug near a mirror however, I am lucky that my hairdryer has a long lead so managed to use the one in the kitchen area. There is a bit of noise from the street but no more than any other city centre hotel - if it's a problem, take some ear plugs with you! All in all, for us a great experience and we will definitely stay again when in Manchester.

Room Tip: A standard room is actually excellent quality
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2012

A stylish spacious room with a small modern cooking facility, and a particularly well thought out bathroom makes any stay here a pleasure. Each room is different in this converted building, but all benefit from the same facilities including iMac/tv combination and complimentary wifi as well as the grab and go breakfast. So if you are looking for a well located, spacious, clean and fairly priced room, this place is hard to beat. I've stayed on several occasions and will continue making it my preferred choice in future. They are adding further rooms on the ground floor so getting a room in busy times may be marginally easier to book. The friendly staff at the front desk always go out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The rooms look great; modern design, spacious. As with much design it's sometimes form over function, but nothing serious. Wifi is of course incluced, but so is also an apple computer. The location is good.
The rooms on the bottom floor (where I lived) are a bit noisy from the busy street, but not overly so. Maybe a Saturday evening would be worse with partying crowds passing by.
The biggest let-down was the included breakfast, which is limited to instant coffee and croissants. But knowing this - you have cooking facilities, so get something to prepare yourself.

Room Tip: Try to get off the street level to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo