“Brilliant”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 May 2013

What a gem! The double rain shower, Imac, kitchenette, all brilliant coupled with style and great staff, I'd say rivals the overpriced lightbox ! We will be back near a Tesco for wine and a great meal in Chinatown , we used it to stay for a gig at Manchester academy xx

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We treated ourselves to a two night stay in the penthouse here when we got married down the road at the art gallery. We could not initially agree on which hotel to stay in and so we ended up compromising and staying here as we both liked the look of it but hadn't imagined we'd stay in an apartment rather than a proper hotel for our wedding night. However, we were both so glad that we did as the place was amazing! It was very stylish and had all the facilities you would want. I would definitely use Roomzzz again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Room very clean, stylish and spacious. Central location to shops and bars, multi storey parking around corner at approx £12 a day. Room pretty noisy on a night from local streets however would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

a regular visitor to Manchester always opting for hotels. Decided to give the aparthotel a go and must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised. I felt I was getting the best of both worlds. I tend to eat out and use rooms just for relaxing & sleeping, but feel that future visits that I can prepare breakfast, snacks etc. and not feel "cheeky" bringing my own food/drink into the hotel.

Well equipped with microwave/dishwasher/porcelain & cutlery inc wash up liquid & a dishwasher tab! Brill

Room was comfortable, air-con, Apple Mac and huge TV.

The only downside for me - no safe. I travel with phones, iPads etc and felt uncomfortable that property had to be either left in the room or carried about oneself. Not sure which was the lesser of two evils really.

Room Tip: I found the lower ground level really quiet, so got a couple of nights of uninterrupted sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Booked this hotel originally for one night, after being in the room 10 mins decided to book a extra night. Great value for money, compared to other big hotel chains (hilton etc.) Which were around £50 more per night, even with the good price the standard of rooms and service was better than the big chains. Its less than a 10 minute walk to the shops, bars and restaurants close there is nothing to complain about. Rooms were very big and stylish, had your own little kitchen and bathroom was very clean. Grab and go breakfast is such a good idea, large selection of fresh pastries, fruit juice .. could go on! Could fault this place at all, would recommend it to anyone & will be returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Before I start, I want to say I've used this hotel many times and generally I've been very pleased. For the price you pay the facilities are excellent, computers in rooms, free wi-fi, brilliant shower room and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in! For some time I used it almost weekly and never thought I'd use another hotel in Manchester.

However, the last couple of times I've stayed I've been put in room 409 which has been incredibly noisy all night. Not through people at street level - pretty much a given since it's so central - but because of pipes making lots of noise throughout the night, walls seemingly very thin between rooms, the AC unit coming on at random times very loudly and general lift noise. Both times when it comes to check out, noone has asked how my stay was, usually they just take the key back and go back to their computer.

Like I said, I'd rather not criticise as the hotel is very good value for money, but there's a few things which are holding it back. I'll refuse this room if I stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Alex S,

Thank you for your feedback and your loyal custom. I'm very sorry to hear that your last stay wasn't as enjoyable as the previous ones.

Guest’s feedback is very important to us and we monitor our Tripadvisor account on regular basis, also we have developed a Roomzzz Guest Questionnaire system to receive more feedback of our service. The reception team is also available 24/7 to tackle any issue and help our guests.

I have requested our maintenance supervisor to inspect the room you stayed and rectify any issues.

I could only wish that you have mentioned your previous experience to receptionist upon your recent check-in allowing us to assign you to another room and spare you the discomfort.

We hope to see you soon back staying with us again and I'm sure you will be happy to learn that I have requested our front desk team to assign you to a different room for your future stays.

With kind regards,
Guntars Tiskus

Reviewed 9 May 2013

It seems to be difficult to find a good hotel in Manchester. Roomzzz is a good choice located at China Town. It is about 10 minutes walk to the shopping street and main shopping mall area. It is very close to the tram station and 4/5 stations away from Old Trafford if you are going to watch a football match. Had a problem with the cleanliness of the toilet when we arrived but the reception sorted it out quickly but kind of left a mark on our perception of the hotel. The staff offered us free drink or food, late checkout etc. for this but again it is more psychological with cleanliness.

The shower/toilet arrangement is quite interesting. The toilet is inside the shower and is not separated which means when you shower, you will make your toilet wet as well. It is basically a huge wet room inside of which is 2 rain showers, toilet and wash basin. Some might be OK with this arrangement but some might not. For example, it will be difficult if one wants to shower and another wants to use the toilet at the same time.

The sound proofing in this hotel is not that good. I could hear clearly people outside the corridor. Also, the building seems to rattle at times when a big truck passes by, although not frequently but sometimes it gets annoying.

The service is good but the front desk is usually maned by 1 or 2 person.

Nonetheless, a good location, large rooms, modern hotel, and relatively good value means that it will not be a bad choice if you are staying in Manchester when choice is limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Calvin_HK,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback and I’m very sorry that there was a small issue with the cleanliness in your room. I am very happy to learn that our 24/7 reception team responded immediately and cleaned the mark ASAP.

With regards to shower/toilet arrangement I wish you would have mentioned this to our reception team as we would gladly move you to a room that suites your requirements and expectations. As stated on our website and other booking websites 'All rooms are quite individual and unique in their presentation' they vary in their layout and design.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you again when you're next visiting Manchester.

Kind regards,