“Absolutly loved it”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my boyfriend for my birthday. The gentleman on reception was very friendly n helpful. When we checked in our room we were like "wow" so lovely for the price. Our own little kitchen space, rain shower, huge bath with a tv on the wall, (3 wall mounted flat screen tvs in the hotel room) little spiral staircase leading up2 our lovely bedroom with en suite bathroom. Also the bed was sooo comfy. Would recommend this hotel 100%

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Traceybaby86

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Spent Sunday night here after football at Old Trafford. Stayed in a studio apartment and it was great. Good sized room with all you could need for an overnight stay. Great value accommodation in central location. Grab & go breakfast was also great although plenty of places around if you fancy something more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed in the Manchester City Roomzzz for two nights. The location was very central and a short walk from Piccadilly Station, Chinatown and some decent pubs (pop in to the Circus Tavern for a delicious pint of Dizzy Blonde and you’ll be seated with friendly folk who will immediately join you for a chat).

We were welcomed and given a quick guide to the facilities by a very pleasant and enthusiastic staff member at the desk. The lobby and hallways feel new and plush, and once we closed the door to our Grande Studio, we heard little from the hotel. There was plenty of noise from the street at night, but I don't imagine there's much that can be done about that.

The room was large and comfortable, with everything one would expect from a self-catering apartment: fridge, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, crockery, small sofa, tiny wardrobe space, full-length mirror, rain shower, spotlights and lamps everywhere. The bed was very low, but extremely comfortable, and we slept well. Most of the furnishings were lovely, apart from the chair in front of the Mac computer, which was shabby and peeling. Speaking of the Mac, this was a stylish and clever addition to the room, but someone needs to speed up the mouse tracking because it was maddeningly slow to use (the system preferences had been removed so we couldn’t fix it ourselves)! The Mac restarted itself at 11am and frightened the life out of me, but I should probably have been out of bed by then anyway…!

A couple of (very minor) irritations: the fridge settings were too cold and turned everything to ice (including the orange juice and beer!), the television lost its signal on the second day, the hairdryer was so weak as to be useless, and the design of the bathroom tap looked nice but required a delicate hand; I soaked myself the first time I used it. In fact, there were a few examples of “style over practicality”, not least the bathroom itself, which was housed in a glass box within the main room. Looks good, but don’t expect much privacy! Thankfully the toilet was separate without glass walls.

Overall, I was happy with the service and the stay, and notwithstanding those minor issues, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ABookishBeaker
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The rooms are fabulous: High ceilings with exposed beams, oversized windows, modern yet comfortable furnishings, giant beautiful bathtub with a tv screen above it, an apple computer in each room... I was reluctant to stay at Roomzzz because of the name and having to repeat it to my colleagues every time I was asked, but it was more than worth the inconvenience. I wish I could have stayed longer just to enjoy the hotel. Breakfast was an assortment of hot tea, fruit, croissants and other pastries, and very generous-- you could take some snacks for later. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. The pictures do not do justice to how fabulous the interior was. For New Yorkers, it will remind you of a Soho loft. The hotel was centrally located as well, walking distance from everything I had to do and wanted to see while in Manchester. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lpo1
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed there with my partner for the weekend and couldnt have been happier with it.
Excellent location in Chinatown, excellent room and extrememly helpful and welcoming staff.
The room was very nice with excellent ammenities throughout. The twin monsoon showers were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room on a higher floor as the first floor windows are at pavement level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. We requested a nice room, high floor and with a bath. We arrived to a very friendly welcome and were shown to our room on the 5th floor to be welcomed to a small room which smelt of smoke. We notified reception who moved us to a room on the 3rd floor straight away. This room was a much better layout than the last, seemed less shabby and cleaner. We were dissapointed that our mac computer didnt work in this room, which was supposed to be fixed the next day but wasnt. Overall a nice stay.. Would stay again but it wouldnt be our first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013
Guntars T, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Amiifr,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I'm very happy to hear that you liked your stay with us and our hotel.

We at Roomzzz pay the utmost attention to the cleanliness and quality of the rooms and our dedicated department managers are checking all arrival rooms on daily basis to deliver the best customer service. I feel very sorry that the first room you checked in wasn't up to the standard but I'm pleased to read that our 24/7 reception team rectified this immediately by offering you a different room.

I hope that you will change your mind and in future Roomzzz Aparthotel will be your first choice while visiting Manchester.

Kind regards
Guntars Tiskus

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked a smart studio, with a discount of 20% through the Roomzzz royalty club. Check-in was great and the staff we came across on reception were always very pleasant without being too overbearing - this place has the balance just right on service. The room was modern and very spacious, kitchen area very useful and had everything we needed as a base to stay for a couple of nights. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom functional and modern.

I think the room we had (011) may be better if you were staying alone - the bathroom was very open to the room with a glass door with a little bit of frosted glass, which didn't meet the wall - it really was like going to the loo in the middle of the room as the door was directly opposite the bed, although the loo was tucked around the corner. Wouldn't put me off but can see some people may have a problem with this.

Our room was a basement room, so didn't get a great deal of natural light, but we didn't mind this at all. The light well let in enough light for us to be happy, but we weren't in the room through the day to really care anyway - we got back after dark every night as we weren't there just to sit in the room.

The grab and go breakfast was great - warm pain au chocolat, croissants and fresh fruit, fruit juice, tea and coffee. The location was good, an easy walk into the city centre. The parking was excellent, and the nearby QPark Piazza was easy to find and use. We paid overall £28 over 3 days for parking, having taken the car out for a full day. We didn't think this was too bad, and the discount from the hotel helped (just ask at reception).

We would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple