“Why choose a hotel when you could have an apartment?”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Why choose a hotel when you could have an apartment?”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Really clean well placed and with a discount on parking

The rooms a good size but very modern and minimalist but then if you want a nice relaxing environment without feeling boxed in like you can in a similar priced hotel room then choose rooomz the service was excellent and staff very helpful

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have already reviewed and 5-starred this place before, so whilst it may not be worth my time to write another review it may be worth yours, since there is simply no other place worth staying in Manchester.

This time we booked well in advance, and knowing we were there on the weekend, between Canal Street and Chinatown, we asked for a room on a high floor (less noise from the streets below!). My wife also wanted a bath if possible. We got both, in Room 405, which is a great room, I will definitely ask for it again when we next visit.

Grab and go breakfast good as ever (although in our case it was "grab it, go back to sleep and eat it later"!), reception staff impeccable. We had a late check out (1pm instead of 11am, a surplus charge of £10 for that) as our train was at 6pm, and our bags were kept safe till then. All round brilliant, and I know next time to get off at Oxford Road when training in instead of Piccadilly (although even that is only a 15-min walk or £5 cab fare).

Really, I can't fault this place. I almost wanted to, coming back for a second time, but it was peerless. We will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed at Roomzzz for 5 weeks on business. Excellent location within walking distance to Piccadilly (10mins), Spinningfields (5mins), Arndale (10mins), Chinatown (1min) and on the route for 2 of the Metrolink free city buses. An easy 20 mins drive from Manchester airport.
Grande room was perfect for a long stay and excellent value with the Long Stay Package - many thanks to the central reservations team for their great service.
Room was comfortable, warm, very clean and well serviced. Bed super comfortable and cosy. The mini kitchen was well equipped and more than adequate for cooking easy meals several times a week (has a microwave and stove top). Bathroom was spacious with a double rain shower and double basins. No facecloths provided but you can pick one up from The Pound Shop on Piccadilly (5 min walk).
There is a free communal washing machine and dryer on each floor and single measures of washing liquid available for purchase from reception, very handy for longer stays.
Had asked for a quiet room with lots of natural light and this was provided. Occasionally heard some street noise, overall it was a non-issue. There were however a few occasions when noise from the other rooms on the floor was very audible - talking, tv, music, guests coming and going. Would suggest having earplugs to the ready as this can be disturbing when it goes all night. Also had a number of people knocking on or trying to access my room in the first week of my stay, these were not guests so it made me a little nervous about the security in place. Everyone has to come past reception (which is manned) but apart from that there is no restriction to accessing the floors i.e. key access is not required for the stairs or lifts.
The service provided by the Roomzzz team is excellent, from housekeeping on level 3 to the reception team and manager, very friendly, accommodating, and efficient. My genuine thanks and appreciation for making my stay easy and pleasant - it very much felt like a home away from home. I would recommend Roomzzz Manchester to family and friends and will definitely stay here on future business trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on one of the upper levels, Princess Street side, on the alleyway that goes to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Inverness
Reviewed 8 March 2014

As I was needing to stay in Manchester to attend an appointment at the hospital and not being too familiar with the city, I was looking for somewhere central for my partner and I to stay for a couple of nights. The location is excellent - very short walk from Piccadilly train station and to other travel connections to the hospital. The staff were welcoming and professional, and were a great help when we needed them.

The room itself was very good value for money. We were in room 409 which faced away from Princess Street so it was quite quiet and I slept well both nights we were there. The kitchen area was well stocked with cutlery, crockery and white goods, and the bathroom was clean (the shower was great - best I've ever had in a hotel/apartment!). The Mac in the room was very handy as well; I used the docking station to charge my iPod and will remember that I won't need to pack a charger next time.

The grab and go breakfast was a nice addition; unfortunately my partner and I had to leave at 5am on our final day to catch a connection but what I had the day before (couple of pastries, some orange juice and an apple) was pretty good value for being included in the price of such a nice room. If we had been staying any longer I would probably have got some things in for breakfast to keep in the fridge but for short notice, the grab and go works fine.

We'd definitely stay here again and will make it our first choice when staying in Manchester in the future. There wasn't really anything we could find to fault, especially not for the price!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend travelled from London to come and see Michael buble in MEN concert. when I booked this hotel I asked for a high rise room with a bath and on arrival we was given exactly this.
The Man on reception was so friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 506 which was beautiful..nice big room, kitchen area with everything u would expect to have at home, lovely comfortable king size bed, tv, computer, iphone doc station and to make it even better a jacuzzi bath, which was perfect..just wat I needed after our 4 and half hour drive :-)
The hotel is in perfect location, a nice walk to everything - shopping, concert, pubs, restaurants! the grab an go breakfast in the morning was a nice little treat.
I was so gutted that I had only booked for 1 night, I didn't want to leave and I defiantly will be coming back for a longer stay and recommending to all my friends and family!

Roomzzz you should be proud, you made our trip to Manchester just perfect and I hope to find more of your hotels around Because I would always choose you over any hotel :-) xx

Stayed March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was absolutely perfect for our girlie weekend. We were really lucky to be allocated room 101 which was a disabled room. The shower was HUGE ..... it was a double shower and it was absolute heaven !! The room itself was absolutely perfect - we couldn't have asked for more. Although it looked out over the busy main road, the soundproofing was amazing - you didn't hear any traffic news. The staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly and the grab and go breakfast was adequate and a great idea as you could take it back to your room or take it with you to start your day. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a centrally located boutique apartment

Room Tip: Room 101 was wonderful
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
lancashire
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights,So glad we picked this place.central to everything,within walking distance.The room was light and airy,very clean,everything you would need for a short stay.the staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful,great touch the grab and go breakfast,with coffee around the clock.will definatly stay here again,without hesitation.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple