“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my partner for two nights at the beginning of March. Very friendly staff who were pleasant to deal with. The room was clean and tidy (with a lovely warm shower room) and a kitchenette with all the basics such as microwave, a hob, pots/pans, plates, cups etc. Even salt and pepper. Ideal for folk who are staying for a while as there is also a fridge and small freezer compartment. There is also complimentary tea and coffee.

For those that are in a hurry in the morning, there is a "Grab and Go" station next to reception which has tea, coffee, fruit, muffins, croissants etc and paper bags to take it away in. It is included in the price which I thought was great value.

The bed in the room was very comfortable as was the couch. The iMac came in extremely handy for planning our trip and there is also a docking station for iPods. The tv is massive! We stayed in room 409 which looks onto a side street and I slept great. No real noise intrusion at all which was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are serviced daily so kept lovely and clean.

All in all, for what you get, the price is extremely reasonable and I'm looking forward to my next visit at the end of summer.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at Manchester Roomz with my teenage daughter overnight as we were going to a gig at Manchester Academy.

Dulce the Spanish receptionist was so friendly and went out of her way to help. She is a credit to the company.

We stayed in the Maxima suite and I was delighted at the cleanliness and spacious room. Much better than the normal corporate hotels I have stayed in and the kitchen/fridge etc an added bonus.

My 14 year old enjoyed the tv above the bath and the Apple mac was a brilliant touch with free wi fi as some bigger chains charge for the privilege.

For once this Leeds lass hasn't got a complaint and will definitely check out the Roomz in Leeds if I need to stay over after going to the new Arena rather than drive home.

The grab and go breakfast was really welcome and all day free hot drinks.

Ten out of ten.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Have just stayed one night here, in a Maxima suite which gave us a double sofa bed downstairs and a double bed on a mezzanine , just mind that you don't walk into the spiral staircase on the way to the bathroom. The sofa bed didn't look very comfy, but I slept very well all night. There is a stylish bathroom, and upstairs has it's own toilet and basin, which is a bonus. Kitchen area is useful and surprisingly well equipped. There are enough tvs for 3 people to watch something different, providing one of you is sitting in the bath!
The communal areas and corridors look good, there isn't a dining area, just a reception, with soft drinks and snacks for sale (if you want wine or beer in your room, bring your own). Breakfast consists of fruit or pastries and there are plenty of them, plus a range of coffees from a machine and cartons of juice, the only comment I have here is that carrying a couple of hot paper cups of coffee back to the room is tricky, they already have paper bags to transport the pastries, which is good and if they provided some of those cardboard cup carriers it would be a useful addition. My daughter says the muffins are amazing.
Had dealings with 2 reception staff, both were extremely helpful and cheerful.
I agree that the decor may not be to everyone's taste but if you like clean and modern, I can highly recommend...have no complaints about room 505.

Can't comment on the location as arrived late in the evening by cab and haven't been out yet, but it appears to be pretty central.

I recommend booking directly with Roomzzz and joining their loyalty scheme to get a discount. I wanted to book online but had a query so booked by telephone, my enquiry was very efficiently dealt with and follow up emails likewise.

All in all, a really pleasant experience, next time I go away, I will be checking whether there is Roomzzz in the area before I look to book elsewhere...I am a Roomzzz convert.

Room Tip: Top Floor Room 505 Maxima Suite, no problem with noise that I was aware of, excellent nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank x40ros
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

My review is full of positives. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay celebrating my birthday in Manchester we had found this amazing deal to stay in a suite which my friend had organised and as the hotel had found that it was my birthday they had upgraded us to the penthouse suite free of charge. a jacuzzi bath. air conditioning. a tv in the bathroom. a spiral staircase leading upto the mezzanine to find 2 single beds. a double four poster bed in a separate area. self catering facilities. automatic velour blinds. late checkout. it was worth the extra £10 from 11am to 1pm checkout so we could make full use of the room. The only downfall was that we didnt make the stay longer but we will definitely going back. fantastic. front of house staff at desk were polite and made the stay even better. cannot fault. a memory which would always be with me. :-)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have just got back from a stay at Roomzzz Manchester and I could not be happier. The hotel is only 10 mins walk from the station and no more then 10 mins walk from the shops. It is located in the China town district of Manchester so if you enjoy oriental food you are in luck as there are a number of restaurants within metres of the hotel. Check in was very quick and easy and the rooms are awesome. I was booked into a Grande Studio and it was very large, spotlessly clean, and the furniture/fittings were all of a very high standard.

I was in Manchester on business but this room would be ideal for a couples get away as there are two sinks, and even dual rainfall showers in the bathroom.

The kitchen was fully equipped with a fridge, dual electric hob, microwave oven, toaster, kettle,and I was very impressed to find a dishwasher. Dishwasher tablets, fairy liquid, tea and coffee are all supplied along with a selection of pots, pans, coffee cups, and glasses.

The room has about 15 different lights dotted around which I had good fun playing around with to get the right ambience. It also had a 32 inch hd tv with all the freeview channels. My room did not have an iMac which I was a little disappointed about however I did have a Mac mini which was connected to the tv. I was told that some rooms have a separate iMac and I would have preferred this so I could have watched tv while browsing the internet. Also the mac mini was extremely slow and frequently crashed out which I think was down to the way it was set up.

One other minor issue I had was that my room was directly opposite a bar so if I had the blinds open during the day anybody in the bar across the street could see right into my room. The room does have roller blinds as well as louvered shutters and I was not in during the day that much so it didnt really bother me too much but some people may find this to be an issue.

Every morning there is a grab and go breakfast provided in the lobby which includes tea, coffee, cartons of fresh juices, chocolate/plain croissants, muffins, apples, oranges, and bananas.

I had a great stay at Roomzzz Manchester and will definitely return next time I am in Manchester and I will try the other branches of Roomzzz across the country.

Room Tip: If you would like a separate tv and iMac you should request this when booking as you may be given a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dazz83
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Reminded me straight away of a modern Aussie city hotel - no great reception area, no dining/bar, kitchen in the room and a brilliant walk-in double shower. Be warned, this is not to everyone's taste but it was just what I wanted. Minimalist decor but very comfortable never the less. Free wi-fi in the room and a mac that doubles as a tv. Great coffee machine downstairs and surprisingly good 'grab-and-go' brekky of pastries and fruit until 10am. Pictures of Thai ladies on the doors of the rooms remind you that Chinatown is just over the road. Parking could be a pain if you're driving. Best option is Piazza in St James Street at the side of the hotel - very safe and secure, with spaces always available. However, they have yet to sort out a long stay ticket, so if you pay on line in advance be prepared for confusion at the barrier. Next time I'm going to pay daily in the normal way - and grin and bear the cost. This is the centre of Manchester after all - home to one of the world's greatest football teams (City).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in the Manchester Suite for 5 nights. It was the best. The room is great. The staff is very nice and helpfull. The free breakfast is amazing. Loved it. We will be back soon ! x Tanguy & Wada

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple