“3 night weekend treat. ”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I booked Roomzzz hotel Manchester as part of a Birthday present for my wife, i had 2 tickets for Gary Barlow (5th row from the stage right in the middle) imagin my wife's face!! , Afternoon Tea in the Lowry Hotel and tickets for the Comedy Store all booked ready for the sat/Sun/Mon evenings. Right from the Email I received from Dulce the Guest service Assistant informing me of the room she had organised for us and giving us parking info to when we checked out our stay was brilliant, the Grand Studio room was really nice , very spacious clean, no traffic noise. The grab a breakfast was quite clever, the pastries were nice. When we return to Manchester I will definitely be staying at this great hotel and I would recommend to everyone. The location was ideal, a 15- 20 minute slow walk from all my booked events for the weekend. Thank you Dulce and The Roomzzz Hotel for helping to make our weekend brilliant.

There are newer reviews for Roomzzz Manchester City

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights midweek for my husbands 30th. Osman on reception was extremely helpful and friendly.
We stayed in a smart studio which was perfect for our needs. The only down side was being right near the lifts and could hear them through the night. Having said that it wouldn't deter us from booking again. As Osman pointed out as we were leaving it isn't a great jump in price to the grande studio so we will most likely book one of those next time.
I expected 'the pantry' in reception where you get sweets and drinks etc to be expensive but everything there was reasonably priced...perfect for a midnight snack of ice cream!! Very handy!!
The location of the aparthotel is great too!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed in a Maxima suite which had a bath and shower, and a spiral staircase going up to the bedroom level which also had a small ensuite toilet, which was handy as meant you didn't have to go down the staircase.
Room was a good size plenty of room for entertaining 4 or five other people and facilities were very good, with very friendly staff.

My only negative points were walls were very thin so depending on who was in next room could be noisy, and for some reason although the basin, sink and shower ran nice hot water the bath was luke warm at best, so within 5 minutes of finishing running it you were beginning to feel cold

Room Tip: Maxima suites were top floor with ceiling windows and have a tv in bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a surprise from my boyfriend for my 18th birthday. On arrival the receptionist greeted me with a very warm and welcoming happy birthday and we were given a very spacious room (404) with amazing views. Had a brilliant time and we are most definitely returning!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Roomzzz was mostly pleasant. Our room was spacious, comfortable and modern. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great with lots of restaurants and supermarkets in walking distance.
For two reasons I am only giving four stars:
1. In our room the bathroom wa only seperated from the rest of the room with a glass wall. So there is no privacy. Not even when sitting on the toilet! Very poor design choice that makes for some uncomfortable moments. When you are travelling with someone you are not incredibly close with, you should ask for a room with a closed bathroom.
2. Windows could not be opened, so you have to use the air condition. Unfortunately in our room the air con or the change of temperature it caused when starting made for cracking noises in the room.

1  Thank Suika W
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days while attending a conference in Manchester. It is a very good renovation of an old building. The internet worked very well. The room was large and very comfortable. The only drawback was that the lighting wasn't very strong (suggestion to management: look into replacing the spots with more recent high-luminosity LED spots). But, despite this, I was quite satisfied with my stay and would certainly consider this hotel for a future visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for one night in April whilst going to a concert at the apollo. Having before stayed at hotels such as the Raddison, we decided as it was only one night we would try an apartment.

The apartments are in the centre of town, close to everything and in the area we normally stay in. I got a good rate from their website and then got an extra 10% off due to joining their rewards club. We stayed in a liberty suite. It was spacious and clean and tidy. A few "finishes" around the room were not to the best of standard but my husband is in the trade so knows what he is looking for. A normal person probably would not notice so dont let that put you off!

Bed was comfy, towels, plates cups etc. are provided and they even left a diswasher tablet for the dishwasher which i think is a great bonus. It was the little touches like that that made it better. You have an apple mac computer in the room which is free to use as is the WIFI.

The "Grab and Go" breakfast was a good selection of pastries and fruit and a choice of fruit juice.

Overall, due to the location and the price i will definately be staying there again! Book in you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple