“Love this place”

Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Loved our one night here we had 3huge windows overlooking princess st/portland street we stayed in grande studio had tv fitted into walls in bathroom an apple computor lovely apartment would recommend would love to go in penthouse next

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a really really great place to stay, friendly staff and really helpful, they even recommended a fantastic cocktail bar (the alchemist) to celebrate my birthday. The only complaint I have is that the cleaner arrived to clean the adjacent apartment at around 7am, which normally wouldn't be a problem but after 1 too many cocktails and not a great deal of sleep - I thought 7 am was a little early...

All in all a good stay and I would stay again

Room Tip: Try and avoid the basement rooms
Community of Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for two nights on a business/pleasure trip and it was a great idea. Really convenient location right in the centre, near everything, but still really quiet at night. Amazing matress and comfy bed, awesome bathroom and fully equiped kitchen, all very clean and well conserved. We stayed at the Maxima suite and really loved everything.

Room Tip: Maxima suite was just amazing!. It has everything they promiss.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for just one night with my partner for our anniversary. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel, from the greeting when we arrived to our farewell the next morning! We arrived at the hotel to a very friendly and warm welcome from the receptionist at the time, who proceeded to upgrade our room! A definite added bonus!

When we got to our room we were delighted, it was right at the top floor with the most gorgeous bathroom (complete with jacuzzi bath!). The whole place was absolutely spotless, with slick decor all around.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again, we have recommended this hotel to all our friends and family for its fantastic hospitality and cleanliness, as well as five star standards at a decent price!

1 Thank Laura S
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Staying here for 2 night (a Friday & Saturday)
Slick but friendly check in.
The room was very nice, quiet enough considering it was on a low floor looking out onto Princess Street (very little street noise in fact)
The room was nicely decorated, bathroom was very nice, the bed was very comfortable.
The free vend coffee machine in the lobby is a nice touch.
This Hotel was the same price as a Manchester City Centre Premier Inn (on the date I stayed) - its a no-brainer to stay here given the choice.
Would absolutely stay here again.
Be sure to get your voucher for 30% off the car parking cost (if you use the Q car park around the corner)

Room Tip: Be sure to get your voucher for 30% off the car parking cost (if you use the Q car park around the c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My hubby and I stayed in one of the Liberty Suites for our anniversary. We have absolutely nothing but great things to stay about our visit.

The staff at reception were so friendly and happy, they couldn't do enough to help. The room was huge and beautiful with stunning views. The kitchen area was great and had everything we needed. It was so clean and the bed was really comfortable.

Our room was on the corner of the 3rd floor and we didn't hear any noise from outside or get disturbed at all. The location is amazing, right next to China town (check out some of the Chinese bakeries nearby). All of Manchester is on your doorstep.

We really have absolutely nothing bad to say, apart from I wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Our corner Liberty Suite was on the 3rd floor. The room was huge and the city views were stunning. W...
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed in Manchester for six weeks during March and April, while working at the university. This is the longest period of time I've ever spent in a hotel, and I was relieved to see that my room was more like a small flat (bigger than the one I used to live in as a student, though) than a hotel room. I had a "Smart Studio" (which, I think, is the simplest room type), with a wonderful bed, a nice bathroom and kitchen facilities. The room felt airy and the ceiling was high.

Preparing dinner is not a problem, and if you want to go out for dinner there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel's laundry facilities are great, with three (or four, don't remember) washing machines you'll always find a free one. The service provided by the receptionists (both daytime and during the night) is excellent. My boyfriend visited a couple of days with no extra cost, since my room was a double room and you pay per room, not per person.

The location of the hotel is unbeatable … you have walking distance to everything, including train stations Piccadilly (10 min), Oxford Road (7 min) and Victoria (15 min); Peter Square tram station (2 min), the university (15 min), shopping areas (5-15 min) … Among the next-door neighbours are the art gallery and the Central Library.

I notice that many guests have commented on noise from the street. My room was at the same level as the reception, which is in the basement. I didn't have the greatest of views -- I could see the top floors of the buildings across the road, and the feet of pedestrians passing by, but I could hear absolutely _nothing_. So maybe the basement rooms have better sound isolation than the rooms higher up. However, I would not be happy to stay in the lower basement (there are rooms below the reception level as well), so maybe it's a good idea to ensure that you don't get a room on the lower ground floor. I guess they can hardly see daylight down there.

Overall, a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business