“Fantastic”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #7 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Stayed for just the one night at Roomzzz aparthotel in Manchester, and what an experience. Had a fantastic time with my girlfriend, both being 18 we wanted something modern and near city centre to go out. we got what we wanted, modern room, apple mac was brilliant, location was top notch! 5 mins walk ! couldnt believe how good it was for the money! will definatly be coming again.
Thanks for making the stay as good as it was! =]

Jack

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2010

Thank you for taking to write your review, and thank you for such positive and complimentary comments, they are very much appreciated and do play an important role with regards to our team motivation here at Roomzzz.

On behalf of everyone at Roomzzz, may I wish you a Merry Christmas and Best wishes for 2011, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Reviewed 15 December 2010

I stayed at Roomzzz Aparthotel Manchester the second weekend of November. I had a couple of days to kill after a week in Wales, and needed to be close to the Manchester Airport for my return flight to the U.S. Before I left for the UK, I read a year's worth of reviews from approximately 15 Manchester hotels and finally selected Roomzzz. I couldn't have been happier with my decision.

My fiance, who is English, stayed with me, and we both agreed that the Manchester branch of Roomzzz is superb. We were greeted by Paris, who is indeed quite amiable as evidenced in other reviews. Check-in was a breeze because I had prepaid through laterooms,com. The other reception member we saw most was a beautiful young lady with blond hair, who was obviously European. I cannot remember her name now, but she was absolutely professional, helpful, and courteous. We even thanked her for all of her assistance, and she remarked quite modestly that she was only doing her job. I can promise you that she did it quite well and provided superior customer service.

The room was wonderfully appointed. It was immaculately clean with a comfy bed and lots of amenities. I truly appreciated the in-room Apple Mac as I never carry a laptop with me on international flights. This afforded me the opportunity to check my work and personal email and stay in tough with my family in the States. I cannot stress enough how wonderful this was. Many American hotels offer free wireless connections but VERY FEW actually provide a laptop. We did experience a problem with the phones, when my partner attempted to phone home and couldn't get through. Reception sent a technician straightaway, and when the problem couldn't be resolved on our end, reception dialed the number and put the call through for us. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff. They were more than happy to solve the problem.

I also loved the bathroom. Yes, ours was in the middle of the room, too, but the rain shower with plenty of hot water and lots of slate tile, frosted glass, and metallic hardware, gave the room a spa atmosphere. I never once felt that I didn't have privacy. It was relaxing and serene. In fact, the entire room was beautifully appointed in a modern scheme with lots of adjustable lighting.

Some reviewers mentioned annoying noise, but we didn't experience that problem at all, and we were on one of the lower floors on busy weekend nights. Also, I wouldn't consider the neighborhood "dodgy", as described by another poster. We walked at least five blocks from the hotel at night and never once felt unsafe. The hotel is a short ride to the airport, and there are so many fantastic restaurants and bars in the vicinity for nightlife. One night, we had a delicious Chinese meal on Faulkner Street, about half a block from the hotel and up steep steps. I'm a fiend for Italian food, so we stopped into Ciao Bella at 42 Portland Street another night. It was atmospheric with delicious food and excellent service.

In short, I couldn't have been happier with my stay at Roomzzz in Manchester, primarily due to the excellent, attentive staff, clean and stylish rooms, and the wonderful amenities. The next time I visit my fiance in the UK, should we find ourselves in Manchester, I won't stay anywhere else! Please don't let a few negative reviews throw you off. The hotel is well worth the value.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2010

Thank you very much for such a positive and complimentary review. Your honesty in your appraisal is very much appreciated and I can assure you such reviews play a very important role with the motivation of the team here at Roomzzz.

Both Paris and Joanna to whom you refer do excel with their customer service and it is very kind of you to acknowledge them both in your review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review, and should you be visiting Manchester in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year

Reviewed 14 December 2010

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and the 2nd time I have loved every single second of it.... The rooms are fab and very well equppied. I ALWAYS stay in Aparthotels whenever when I go away for the night and these are the best I have ever stayed in. There are some others in Manchester that are shabby and charge a lot more. Yes there is noise however, you are in one of the biggest cities in the UK so it will be noisey, for all you country bumpkins who dont like a bit of noise Id stay OUTSIDE the city centre. Any hotel I have stayed in Manchester always has noise. In regards to the carpets, yeh cream isnt the best colour however u dont lie on the carpet nor do you eat off it so whats the problem? The showers are ace here esp the double ones. The bed is comfy and I love the MACS in the rooms. Its a lovely Aparthotel and the "grab and go" breakfast is also something very unique about this place. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

Thank you so much for your kind review on Roomzzz Apart hotel Manchester.
We feel that the facilities we offer and our boutique styling are both unique selling points of the hotel along with its fantastic prime city centre location, right in the heart of Manchester.
The carpets are in the process of being changed - this will be completed at the close of this week.
Thank you again for such positive and honest feedback-we will pass this on to our Team Members within the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

Came to Manchester for the Scissor Sisters gig, chose the hotel basically considering location, price and reviews - and was pretty happy with the choice. Got a disabled access room on the third floor. The room (smart studio) was rather small, but quite ok - liked the design and the room was pretty spotless.

Location is central and pretty busy, so the room was a little noisy, so maybe not a choice for the very light sleepers - I definitely had no problems.. I did not hear any noise from night clubs in the room, just normal street noise.

Staff was friendly - had a few request and questions, was very happy with the service. Slept late both mornings so can't comment the grab&go breakfast.

The only negative comments maybe about their maintenance - the Apple Macs they offer for use did not work (they seemed to have system that boot from a central server that was not online --> the computers in the rooms did not boot up). According to the earlier review they had the issue already a couple of weeks ago, so they seem a bit slow correcting this. I had my laptop with me so no problem for me really - the wifi signal was strong and the connection pretty fast. Another thing was that the safe in the room was locked, and they could not open it, so I could not put the laptop or my wallet in the safe when I left the room - was a little uneasy about that.

Other than those two issues, I was pretty happy with the stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review on Roomzzz Apart hotel Manchester.

Regretfully the issue with the internet not working this weekend was due to the server as you point out, this has now been restored and without trying to sound too technical I am advised it was something to do with the hard drive ?? The issue with regards to the reviewer a couple of weeks ago was I believe due to being unable to operate the mini mac through the TV set.

Hotel Manager

We hope and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2010

We stayed in a maxima suite on the 10th December. The room was very nice and have no faults with this. The staff were really friendly and very helpful when came to leaving bags in reception after checkout until our train arrived. Would definitely stay again reasonable price for such a nice apartment.

• Stayed: December 2010
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2010

Thank you for such a complimentary review - your comments are very much appreciated as we do read these and they do prove a great motivator for the team.

We are delighted you had a great stay at Roomzzz and we look forward to welcoming you back.

On behalf of the team, Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year

Reviewed 13 December 2010

Our visit did not get off to the best of starts, I had specified that I required a room at, or below, third floor level, as my partner suffers from vertigo & does not use lifts, and a room with a bath. When we arrived at 3:20pm I was told that we were on the fifth (top) floor & that the room had no bath. When I informed the receptionist that I had asked for a lower floor room he told me that all the other rooms were now occupied & that this was the last remaining room. I told him that I thought this was strange as you are only allowed to book in from 3pm? He assured me that all the other rooms were full & that was the last available room & that we should give it a try. Needless to say that when we did give it a try my partner found it unacceptable. I informed the receptionist that we could not stay in this room & we would have to find an alternative hotel to stay in & would require a refund. Miraculously a room on the third floor suddenly became available.
The room itself was generally pleasant, however there was a few loose & missing tiles in the bathroom, the shelf on which the basins were mounted was coming away from the wall at one end and the internet was not working.
When it came time to go out we asked the receptionist the way to the restaurant we had booked - he sent us in totally the wrong direction!
Now the main reason for scoring this hotel so poorly - for me the key purpose of a hotel is to provide a place to sleep whilst you are away from home & no matter how attractive the surroundings are or how clean the room is very much secondary if you cannot get to sleep! We were kept awake to 4:30am by the noise from a night club which seemed to be immediately outside the hotel and incessant street noise. We were them woken up again at 7:30am by the sound of roadworks on the junction outside the hotel. I know that the hotel is not responsible for this noise but they had totally inadequate sound proofing for the location - no double glazing, only secondary glazing. As a result of this lack of sleep we both left the hotel feeling more tired than we were when we arrived, and certainly did not feel refreshed from our stay - I am just glad I had not booked a two night stay as I had originally planned to.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LancashireLiving
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

Thank you so much for your review on Roomzzz Apart hotel Manchester.

I was sorry to learn of your disappointment, and can only apologise to you that your additional requests had not been fulfilled with your reservation. Regrettably although we have 25 Grande Studios only 7 have baths, and therefore requests cannot be guaranteed.

The hotel was fully booked on Saturday,with many rooms booked for a 2 night break arriving the night before, hence the comment from the receptionist that all rooms were taken, and I believe he had to make several changes with the reservations to allocate a lower floor room. I am sorry that your request had not been actioned prior to your arrival for a lower floor room, as our first and second floors are mainly Smart Studios.

I have checked the room in response to your comments with our housekeeper and maintainance team cannot find any missing tiles however your comment regarding the granite vanity unit with basins in the bathroom is noted and has been actioned to remedy.

A technical issue with the Apple Mac's and Mini Mac's had prevented internet access in the rooms, however our wifi was still operational and notices had been displayed offering internet access to our guests from the front desk should they need.

I can only apologise to you on behalf of the receptionist with regards to the directions to your restaurant as I am sure this was a misunderstanding and certainly not deliberate. Our team does pride itself on their city centre knowledge with restaurants, shops and bars.

I am not aware of any nightclubs in our close proximity, as our neighbouring businesses are all restaurants and office buildings. Our city centre location, like all city centre properties does mean we do experience noise, and as a listed building we are limited as to the windows and glazing we can use.

I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyed as you had intended, and do wish that you had brought your comments to my attention at the time of your stay in order that I could have addressed your comments in person.

Reviewed 2 December 2010

Hotel location is very convinient, close to shops and Chinese restaurants. Close to MEN arena, where we went to see Gorillaz. The rooms are very well equipped, large comfy bed, rain shower in the bathroom e.t.c. Reception staff was very nice and helpful. The Mac computer was not working, but it didn't bother us, as we had our own notebook.

All I can say is keep up the good job, don't let people down, like many other hotels do these days.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Thank you so much for your kind review on Roomzzz Apart hotel Manchester.
I was sorry to learn of the problems with the Apple Mac, and do wish that you had mentioned this at the time of your stay in order that we may have resolved this for you. We have checked the room today, and regretfully everything was working fine - my apologies that this may not have been the case when you stayed.
Thank you again for such positive feedback-we will pass this on to our Team Members within the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Hotel Manager

We hope and look forward to welcoming you back soon.