“Really enjoyable, very funny.”
Review of The Comedy Store

The Comedy Store
Book In Advance
More Info
US$17.04*
and up
The Best in Stand-Up Live Comedy in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: The Comedy Store Manchester offers a unique blend of stand up comedy, fine dining and music. Every week from Thursday through to Sunday the best comedians on the circuit take to the stage. We also have a different comedy night every Sunday to round off the weekend.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had a great time here, I've been twice, the first time was substantially better than the first. This was because two of the acts were the same which was slightly annoying as they did the same jokes, even though the times that we went were 6 months apart.
Great fun though. Glad I wasn't heckling though.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)
All reviews
in 96 reviews
"venue"
in 364 reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been to the Manchester Comedy Store a couple of times before and have always been to the earlier, 7pm, show. This weekend I went to the late show and deeply regretted doing so. The quality of the acts was as good as ever but the audience was peppered with people who were so drunk that they were incapable of controlling their impulse to scream nonsense at the acts. Pity that the security people were unable or unwilling to remove the drunkards who were very disruptive.

2  Thank Anthony H
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We caught the train into Manchester for a bit of lunch, look around and abit of shopping. We wandered off down to Deansgate for the first time and was surprised how nice the area was generally. My girlfriend said we should maybe give the Comedy Store a go but I was about dubious as the tickets were only a tenner each. Also it was a 7.30pm show so I thought they would put some poor acts on. Blimey, how wrong could I be. The compere was great and was hilarious. OK a lot of swearing but hey this is adult entertainment here. Didn't realise the bar was outside so get your drinks first. There were 4 acts and only the third one was OK, the rest and the compere were fab!. Hal was hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing and so was Justin. Comics were Roger Monkhouse @standupdavew @Halcruttenden @CareyMarx @justinmoorhouse. You get a 15 mins interval and can pick up a pizza for a fiver. Overall great entertainment and would be more than happy to pay tge full price of 20 quid each. Will be back once I stop laughing.

1  Thank TripAndrew
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have been to the Comedy Store about 15 times and have always found it to be a great night, yes you will find the odd idiot crowd in from time to time but that's the same anywhere. When it comes to value for money this place is a MUST. They provide a variety of packages, from premium front row seats to food and show deals so you can have an entire night out here alone. The comedians range and you can often find top comedians doing experimental gigs of new material (Micheal Mcintyre) along with all the usual faces from Live at the Apollo. I would happily recommend to anyone visiting Manchester and looking for a fun night out.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had booked the silver dinner package for a hen party. To be fair we were a little late when arriving for dinner & so were in a rush so as to not to miss the start of the show. Saying that we had to ask twice for our order to be taken. As part of our package we were meant to get a free glass of prosecco, again we had to ask for this. Our food arrived & the hens burger was pink in the middle & had to be sent back. We were being called to take our seats & the burger still hadn't arrived so we just told them to forget about the burger & asked for our money back. We were also meant to get petit fours as part of our package & again there was no sign of them. We were all so fed up by this point that we didn't bother asking for them. Although despite the disappointing start to the evening the comedy club was very good & we all had a good laugh. I would definitely return to the comedy club again, I'd just have my meal elsewhere in future.