“First Serviced Apartment Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staycity Aparthotels Laystall Street

Staycity Aparthotels Laystall Street
Slough
“First Serviced Apartment Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my one night stay and would definitely do it again.

On arrival, couldn't find the car parking alluded to in the adverts. The very helpful receptionist recommended the car park behind Aldi as they were having work done on their facilities which might not allow me to leave at the time I wanted.

Check in was quick and efficient. The apartment was big, clean and well appointed. I only wanted it for myself for one night but it would have slept 4, (one double room with ensuite facilities, and one twin with large separate bathroom.

My apartment was on the 1st floor facing the back of the Aldi supermarket so had a dreadful outlook. Other's would probably be much better.

City centre (Piccadilly station) was literally a 5 min walk away.

Had breakfast in the Kro restaurant in Piccadilly Gardens using a voucher picked up from reception, for a free bacon butty and a cup of coffee.

Check out was as efficient as check in so left on time, very happy.

Room Tip: See if you can get one on a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at Stay city on business, and have used these apartments many many times before up and down the UK. The apartments are great everything and more that you need, the staff on reception were great too..But the night staff were so rude to us they spoke to us like something stuck to the bottom of your shoe and told us to shut up and then threatened to keep our deposit!!!!! Wont be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ttlljj
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Laystall Street, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I was sorry to read of your latest experience when staying with us.
I have sent a message to you asking you contact me direct, as if this is the case I would certainly like to address this issue.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Perfect location for a city trip. Modern city appartements. City centre in walking distance also restaurants and shops. Parking facilities available. If you have enough time take a trip down to Birmingham to visit the Cadbury Chocolate Factory...definitely worth the 2 hours drive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I ever made was to book these apartments in Manchester. Spotless, spacious and comfortable with pleasant staff. The only downside is there was only 1 lift and we had to wait a while as lots of people were checking in at the same time as us. Apart from that, I really can't fault Staycity and would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Staycity. I was delighted to see that we matched (& hopefully exceeded), your expectations. Apologies about the lift though, I too would like another sometimes, but unfortunately these cannot be retro-fitted!!
See you again soon, I hope.
milton keyes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having paid £510.00 for 1 nights stay on a Saturday night I was expecting these apartment's to be in tip top condition. On arrival we were told that the car park was round the rear of the building and to drive in and on to the ramp where the car would be lower down and would park itself. The turning to get into the car park is so narrow, we had a large Mercedes and we scrapped the front wheels as the turning is so tight. We decided against parking in the apartment car park as we didn't like the idea of it being lower down and the car parking itself? As I had paid for the apartment and car parking when I booked online I asked at reception for my money back. But the reception man seemed to think we hadn't paid even though it clearly states on my booking confirmation that £13 was taken at time of booking. ( think we had a language barrier issue )
We were given our apartment keys for 602 which is situation on floor 6. On entering we was nice and light and modern but found it to be really small to compared to photos on the website. I understand that you don't get whats on the website but I really thought seeing as we booked a 2 bedroom apartment for 5 adults they might of given us something a bit larger. We found faults with the following:
Door Handle to second Bedroom fell off every time you shut the door.
Tiles in en-suite were dirty.
Bread bin massive dent in the front.
Paint marks over woodwork where they hadn't put masking tape up when re-decorating.
Cooker back splash cracked.
Flooring in hallway coming up.
Dirty Tea Towels.
Burnt mark on Balcony floor.
I don't like to moan but I find all these things little errors which should of been put right a long time ago. I think for £510.00 this is not acceptable, In fact any amount of money you pay is not acceptable.
I know the prices we're increased as 28 September was meant to be the David Haye Fight in Manchester, and as you do expect prices will be higher and I don't mind paying if the apartment is of a good standard!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank charlotte8682
stayCity_com, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Laystall Street, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for leaving your review.
I have now been in contact with you directly concerning the issues you raised and I hope you are satisfied with the outcome as I have not heard back from you since I addressed this review with you.
I also hope you will give us another try the next time in Manchester as this certainly is not indicative of the standards I expect for our guests.
ballymoney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The best place I have ever stayed . Self contained accommodation at its very best . staff are amazing . Polite friendly and very helpful . House keeping a credit to the staff the place was spotless . Modern warm and spacious . My car was even taken remotely by lift and parked safely in the basement driverless .. Free wifi ,sky tv . Didn't want to leave .its brill . Norman ... Cloughmills .. N . Ireland ...

• Stayed September 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Had to do a last minute business trip to Manchester and came across this by accident on Hotels.Com. When booking the hotels were really over priced so something must have been happening in Manchester that night. This serviced apartment came up at a good price. I had never tried an apartment before, and now know I have missed a trick. I will in future look at this first as an option.

It was a quick walk form Manchester Piccadily next to a retail park, but very central. The receptionist on arrival was really friendly and helpful and check in was simple.

I had a one bed appartment which had a open plan kitchen/diner/lounge. A seperate bedroom and bathroom. It was modern, very clean and had everything you needed. It even had free coffee and tea, which I thought was a bonus. It had all the appliances you would expect, if you were staying a little longer you would use.

I wish I had tried one of these years ago. Would happily go here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business