“Nice Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Ranked #56 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert. Staff were really helpfull and friendly. Room was comfortable we were on the 9th floor. Nice big shower in the bathroom. Normal standard holiday inn express breakfast not the best, but if you have stayed in a holiday inn express before you know what to expect. Only down side the air con was not very good found the room, the bar area and the corridoors very stuffy and too warm. Would stay here again though if I needed to be in the area. Would also reccomend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you found our staff helpful and our rooms comfortable.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Two nights at this hotel and for the price we paid it's very good value. The room was clean tidy, modern everything you would need. Breakfast was no thrills and value. Would recommend to anyone at the value we paid

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay with Holiday Inn Express.

I am delighted to hear that you found us to be of good value.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nites. 1st room had choked sink n aircon w no cold air. Technician spent 45 mins of our precious jet lag nap to repair w no result. Changed room n same problem. Sink choking slightly better. Had to bring in a fan. Air in corridor much better than rooms. Definitely aircon system pb coz both rooms same condition.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank nippycissy
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of our hotel.

I am sorry that your stay was not more enjoyable and that you experienced the problems with the air conditioning. We do try to cover problems such as this by providing a fan as an alternative, I am truly sorry that you had this problem.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

Jonathan Smith

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here to attend a conference at the University of Manchester and it was an easy 10 minute walk from there. It was also a short walk to the Northern Quarter with lots of cool bars in the area as well. I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed which was a little rough but that is to be expected on sofa beds. The regular bed was super comfy though. The only thing was the housekeepers were adamant about knocking on the door many times in the morning so just be sure to put your do not disturb sign on the door if you want to sleep in :P Also the shower was awesome!! Great location - would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel is right next to Oxford Road Railway Station in the centre of Manchester. Check in was fairly slow as there was a queue. We had an issue with the iron and ironing table. There are none in the rooms. We asked at reception and was told that there was a "waiting list". However, by the morning there was still no irons available which was not great. The rooms were clean, modern and of a good size. The hotel has quite a number of storeys so some people may prefer a low floor. There were no issues with noise - it was perfectly quiet at night. Hotel is in a great location and other than the issue with the irons would recommend this. Certainly it was great value compared to other similar hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had problems in getting an iron and board. We do only have a limited number of these and we are reliant on either knowing that they have been finished with or having them returned. However, it appears that on this occassion we did not manage it very well and I am sorry that this caused you some inconvenience.

Other than that I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.

Many thanks

Jonathan Smith

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed two nights here and wasn't expecting a lot as we paid very little for the room. The location is excellent, a short stroll into the centre of town. The rooms were spotless and plenty of towels etc. The continental breakfast was good and there was plenty of food for people who arrived at 9.55am! The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions, recommendations etc. Free WIFI is a bonus. Would stay again if in Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with Holiday Inn Express. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased that you found our location to be good and our staff helpful and friendly. I will pass your compliments on to the team.

Once again, thank you for leaving a review of your stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went to Manchester for a 9 day / 8 night course at Manchester University. Since I knew my dates very well in advance I saved a lot of money on my very advanced booking (Jan for April 2014). I arrived at the Hotel and was greeted very friendly and got a room in the 8th Floor facing the street (which can get very loud during Friday and Saturday night since Manchester is a party town). My room was very clean and enjoyed having the extra sofa to hang out. Bed was very comfy and the bath room is just excellent having a big shower. One thing I didn't understand was why the room has no fridge but OK. Breakfast is great and offers a wide range considering it is Holiday Inn Express. My walk to University has been an easy walk and for this the location of the hotel is just great. Downstairs is a small "SPAR" Supermarket who carries most things. If I return I will certainly stay there again. My best regards to the nice team there, especially the folks at the front desk.

Room Tip: Go high up and try not to face the street, especially on weekends