Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
leeds
“FAB PLACE”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed at the hotel the night before our flight to Cancun and it was very nice. Check in was quick and we had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the car park and can honestly say that we never heard any noise from outside. The room itself was good with a double bed and a desk with a chair there was also tea and coffee making facilities.

We booked a table for the restaurant and took advantage of the 2 course meal deal for 11.99 and there was plenty to choose from off the menu. The food was very nice and although the restaurant was busy we didnt wait very long.

The hotel is close to the airport and it only took a couple of minutes to drive to the car park and the reception desk would ring you a taxi if anybody needed it.

I will definately stay in this hotel again if we fly from Manchester as for the £29 we paid for the room it was a bargain!!

2 Thank staceyLeeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
Midlands
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Fantastic service all round. We arrived at the hotel before the stated check in time, we were going to eat lunch on the car park while we waited, so I popped into reception to get a carpark ticket and the lady checked us in straight away. We went up to our room and were more than happy with the facilities (we are regular users of Premier Inn so were able to make comparisons with other sites). The kids were totally delighted when they looked out of the window to find they could actually watch the planes landing (although there was no noise), kept them occupied for ages (and myself and hubby too LOL). We went downstairs as we had decided to pop to the Trafford Centre for the afternoon and on the way decided to book a table for our evening meal, we were astonished to be given two kids eat free vouchers just because we had booked to eat before 7pm. In the resturant the evening meal was lovely and the service was great. Also since my husband and myself both decided to have a two course meal deal and were able to use the vouchers we had been given the four of us (2 adults and two children age 8 and 11) were able to all have a two course meal for less than £25 with just a little extra for some drinks. The check out the following morning was very smooth and we were able to go off to the airport for our flight feeling very happy. The carpark was only up the road (a straight forward journey with no turns to make at all) and although it took a few minutes to find a space the bus was there to take us to the airport almost immediately.

We have already booked this hotel for our overnight stop and parking for our holiday next year :o)

Room Tip: If you have children (or are a big kid yourself) ask for a high room with an airport view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lucky-mum
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I organised a long and convoluted trip, flights and hotels, with a well known internet travel agency. Sadly they made quite a hash of the process and I ended up with several problems. This review shows how good staff can correct problems and get things on track again.
I had booked a night at the Premier Inn Frieght Terminal at Manchester Airport as a part of my trip, and arriving late due to a late flight, I really needed my room.
Disaster! No booking had been made by the travel agent - the tenth person that day - luckily Premier FT are blessed with great staff. After searching for my booking they rang the agents who were no use at all. So they set about getting me a room,luckily they had one, the last one! I got booked in, my room paid for, a meal booked, car parked and all things sorted - no thanks to the travel agent.
My room was fantastic, clean , fresh air conditioned and comfortable - really impressive. I rushed down for a meal, again great service and a nice meal. I could not fault it.
I spent a good night in a very comfortable bed and enjoyed a nice breakfast - my special comments are for the guy sorting breakfasts out, what a positve welcome and nothing was too much trouble - fantastic service.
So, I'd really recommend this hotel, even amongst Permier Inns the quality of this one stands out a mile. However, most of all I'd recommend the hotel for its staff - real stars.

Room Tip: Book Direct dont use a midle man!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The Premier Inn slogan (title of this review) sums up this hotel perfectly. We always favour Premier Inns in general but this is the best we have stayed in yet. Very convenient for the airport, immaculately clean, staff were all very helpful and friendly and restaurant service was excellent. There is a charge for using the car park, unusually for a Premier Inn. I suspect this may be to prevent other people using it as free aff-site airport parking. The charges vary depending on how long you are parking for, we paid £5 for 24 hours, which considering the room was only £39 wasn't too bad. We didn't use the airport shuttle service so I can't comment on that, we left our car with the valet parking at T1 (which was an excellent service).
There are two Premier Inn hotels opposite each other. This one is the FT (freight terminal) which is on the right as you approach between them.

Knottingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

very good nice and clean, what more could you ask just before starting your holiday. Staff are very friendly and helpful, Breakfast very good.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

After a recent disaster with a Travelodge and swearing never to use one again I chose Premier Inn before a business flight. What a difference! Had a long journey on the M6 as it had been closed after an accident and we were very tired and fed up on arrival to the hotel. Recieved a warm welcome from the staff and the room was excellent - very clean and good facilities. £20 difference in the price but the rate at Premier Inn included airport parking which is literally 5 minutes away.
Food in the restaurant was excellent as were the staff. Would definitely stay again. Had a very comfortable nights sleep and got up refreshed to continue my journey. Can't think of any negative points!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EstelleRob43
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stopped at this hotel for one night . very clean rooms and that's very important to me . Lovely staff always there to help and always with a smile and that made us feel very welcome. The food in the resturant was lovely. Will definitely stop here again . thank you premier inn staff for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!