“Excellent place to stay”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
dewsbury uk
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here mid Nov for a night prior to an early morning flight and found it a very pleasant experience. Lovely staff, exceedingly helpful. The rooms were clean, functional and warm. We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be good and with the special offers, quite reasonable. The buffet breakfast, served from 5.30am, was very good indeed and well worth £7.99.

Just be aware however that for security reasons access to each floor, either by lifts or steps, is controlled by your room key. Dont do as I did and go downstairs without a key!!. again the staff came to my rescue and sorted the problem .

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank paully

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed here on the 25th October as I needed to be nearby the next day. The website didn't mention that the FT stands for Freight Terminal, if it wasn't for an access road, it would be right on top of the freight terminal. This side of the airport is a noisy 24 hour facility and my room overlooked it. I didn't get a good nights sleep because of the constant noise of fork lifts and heavy plant. In the morning I mentioned this to a member of staff, especially since they reminded me about the 'good nights sleep guarantee'. They dismissed my complaint with a 'well it is next door to an airport, what can we do'. I wasn't asking for a refund, I was just responding to the 'Was everything alright with your stay?' question. I know I was staying next to an airport, but the main noise falls silent during certain hours. It's unfortunate this place is next to what is effectively a 24/7 distribution centre

Premier Inn emailed me their standard survey request and I filled this in with all the details about my stay, including my complaint about the noise and the dismissal from the staff member. Guess what? Nothing back from them. I guess they really do 'take customer feedback seriously'

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the car park side, not the airport!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Customer Services at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here for two nights 28th and 29th November 2011 for a 2 day mini break in Manchester before we flew out on holiday. For the 28th we payed £29 and for the 29th £55 so £42 per night overall. Hotel was clean, comfortable and had a decent hot shower. Staff overall were very good and extremely helpful with the exception of a middle aged female member of staff who I was clearly inconveniencing by ordering a drink at the bar ( took a full 5 minutes for me to be served as the bar was completely unattended ).

There are hotels closer to the airport for similar money (Beweleys being the best example ) however we are fans of Premier Inn as we have stayed with them numerous times and never had any issues.

I will stay here again without hesitation when flying out of Manchester.

• Stayed November 2011
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I've stayed in this hotel twice now, once in October 2010 and once in March 2011 before going on holiday. Both times we got the room on a £29 offer and this is amazing value for money. The first time we stayed we were expecting the hotel to be a bit tatty and maybe not as nice as the airport premier inn as this one is the 'freight' one, however, it was clean, well equiped and seemed new! Its only over the road from the other hotel so if you cant get bargains at the main one, try this one!
It did cost £7 from the airport to this hotel, but thats fine, its literally minutes away from the terminals.
My only negative, is we got food from the restaurant when we stayed in October 2010 and it was horrible! It may well be better now. There is a Costa inside too which was great in the morning.
Overall, I would recommned this hotel to anyone, and would happily book here again and again.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was the first time we have stopped overnight before an early morning flight. Arrived at the first Premier Inn after you travel off the road on the right. We went to the reception to be met by a lady member of staff who checked her sheet and said we were actually booked into the other Premier Inn, behind this one. No problems as she transferred our booking to this one. Paid the £5 for overnight parking. The lady booked us a table for that night and we retired to our room. Large, clean and very comfy. The meal was great value £11.99 for two courses. Good food. The steak was £11.99 on its own. Good nights sleep and virtually no noise from the airport and roads. Hassle free in the morning and off to Jet Parks which is just over five minutes down the road. Will be spending a lot more time here in the future. The only downside was that a couple of weeks after getting the room for £29 there was a deal for £19 for the same room but it was excellent value anyway.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here for 1 night before a flight to the Dom Rep. For £19 I can not fault it the hotel is next door to the airport a taxi cost £6 which is a bit of a rip off but ce la ve. The room was small and I had a nice view of a empty field and some cars so ask for a room higher than the 1st floor. The bed was comfy but I was way too giddy to sleep anyway. And because I'd paid in advance check in and out was 2 seconds. The food in the hotel was nice too and v reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2011
Malta
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have only stayed an overnight in this place therefore cannot review the place to the minimal detail. I chose he place on the premise that it was close to the terminal and knew the hotel chain from previous stays in other locations. Overall a good place to stay, clean rooms, good service, decent grill restaurant. Getting pricey though!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!