“Good value good service”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #28 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for night before holiday . Great location right next to airport could watch the planes coming and going no noise tho . Clean room comfortable bed food in restaurant was good too will stay here again If I have an early flight

• Stayed: November 2012
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Airport Runger Lane Premier Inn Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,637)

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family in Lancashire due to the fact all of the other hotels were fully booked as there was a concert at MEN arena.We normally stay at the Hilton or Marriot. We arrived early just to check in and then leave. Check in was very quick and the young lady (sorry bad with names - brunette girl - english) was extremely friendly and helpful. When we got back to the hotel at about 10:30pm the parking was almost nearly full. Luckily we found one space near the rear of the car park. We asked for an extra blanket and two extra pillows however the young lady at the reception desk forget about our request and left for the evening. I then called back at midnight as it had got quite cold and we travelling with our 17 month old and the lady (maybe spanish) apologised and brought us the extra blanket etc straight away.

We paid for breakfast which in my opinion is the best I have had from a budget hotel. The meet and greet staff were very friendly and helpful. however the waitress (black uniform -Maybe Thai nationality) was very very rude. I complained to my wife about her to which she told me that she had also been rude to her.

Overall, I think there 4 small things this hotel brand can do to improve;
1. I small fridges in the rooms (very important for medication and milk for children. I had to buy a small fridge from Argos and take it with me)
2. Put more lighting in the bedroom (very very low)
3. Make the beds a teeny weeny bit slightly bigger
4. Tell the waitress at breakfast to be less rude and smile once in a while

Would I stay here again?? Honestly, yes I would.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night prior to departing from Manchester Airport. Hotel is in excellent condition, new, fresh and clean. Check in was swift and pain free. Room was nice with tv and hair dryer, bed was very comy. Staff are very friendly and welcoming!! Car parking was included in our stay. We paid for a 3 course meal which included a drink and a buffet breakfast the next morning which cost us £44 (total for 2 people). The food was excellent and well worth the money. An overall top rated hotel which I would definitely return to should I be flying from Manchester again!!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Hotel is perfectly located for Manchester Airport, just 10 mins drive away and 5 mins away from Jetparks airport car park. Hotel is immaculate inside and staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We ate in the hotel, picking a meal deal with was 3 courses with a drink plus buffet breakfast next morning for £22.50 each. Excellent value and the food was lovely. Alcoholic drinks are really reasonable for a hotel too surprisingly. Fab nights sleep as always, love Premier Inn beds!!! Powerful hot shower and all the amenities you'd need. Ideal, would definitely stay again and well worth the money.

1  Thank debbiemcn85
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here prior to a flight to Vegas. We arrived quite early (3pmish) and got our room key cards.The rooms were no frills but very nice, tea/coffee making facilities and very very clean. The bed was soooo comfy. You get the choice of pillows hard or soft and the lighting is very individual (light or soft). I would definitely recommend staying here before a flight. It is only a mile away from the airport which is nothing. We went down to the bar for a drink to wait for our other friends to arrive. There was no one at the bar when we arrived, We had a drink and a chat and before we knew it, the bar and restaurant were full of guests. There was a great atmosphere, we asked staff to put Xfactor on ( I know....sad) the staff were happy to oblige and us and other guests watched, chatted and enjoyed it together. Great atmosphere. Staff were very friendly throughout stay. There was a Costa too but we didn't use it. We ended up having our evening meal there too which wasn't planned. It was actually nicer than we thought it would be. Overall, a great experience before an even greater experience in Vegas. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel before an early flight to the Caribbean the next morning.
We booked evening dinner and breakfast deal online whilst booking the hotel, along with the long stay car parking off site.. It turned out to be better value.
When we checked in I was surprised at how simple everything seemed to be, not like your every day hotel with a large reception desk, but a computer screen by the door manned by a very helpful member of staff named Gemma.
Gemma explained everything thoroughly and was most polite.
The only thing that was a bit odd about our booking was the car parking. My husband was given quick directions and told to look for the pink sign for Jetpark. Sounded Simple enough until we turned up the next morning to an un-manned barrier and no way of punching in our code for admittance to car park. It was all a bit confusing and stressful, which is why we would not book that part of the deal ever again. It got sorted eventually but with lots of hassle.
The hotel room itself was extremely pleasant and the bed very comfortable. Unfortunately our room had been made up for a solo traveller so we had just one set of towels and coffee/tea for one person left in room. It soon got sorted when my hubby went down to reception to ask for more of each. We could not phone them as we had no idea which number to press for reception. Apparently it's "fix it" button we later discovered.
We looked forward to a good night's sleep after our very pleasant dinner in the restaurant. Our serving and waiting staff were extremely polite, especially Alex. There were some Jeremy Kyle show type of people dining at the same time as us who considered it perfectly acceptable to allow children of about 8 and 10 to noisily stand on the seats at the tables and not bat an eyelid. Thank goodness they were the other side of the restaurant to us, so we only had to put up with a small amount of noise and disturbance from them. No doubt if the staff had asked the children to sit down the parents/grandparents would have punched their lights out.
Unfortunately for us, when I was sound asleep at about 1am the folk in the next room decided to be totally out of order and start slamming suitcases up against the adjoining wall to our headboard, which woke me up with a fright. I was unable to fall back to sleep because it did not happen just once but about 5 times in all. I had to leave our room for an extremely early breakfast with bloodshot eyes through lack of sleep.
The hotel breakfast to be perfectly honest was excellent. I had read poor reviews on this from previous reviewers but speaking as we found...we could not fault the food or the staff.
I was concerned about times for breakfast at this hotel as no other reviewer had stipulated times, but they do start serving extremely early indeed which is a blessing when you have to be at check-in around 7am.
It would be fabulous if guests would adhere to the warnings located in corridors and on doors to be considerate to other guests who may be catching an extremely early flight the next day, as they check in. I ended up having actually no sleep whatsoever for 24hrs due to a whining baby on my long-haul flight, so please be considerate if you do stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paradisas_lady
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here after watching the Manchester united Arsenal game.
The travel from old Trafford to the hotel was no problem and only took 25 mins approx.
The staff were excellent from entrance, bar staff and breakfast team who were always there to help.
We will definitely use this hotel again after watching the game.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple