“Standards beginning to slip?”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Standards beginning to slip?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed here for one night, only one person checking you in however had 4 automatic machines of which 2 not working. The room looked a bit tired with a few stains on carpet and an interesting one on the shower curtain!. The loo smelled bad as if it had not been cleaned properly and where have the 'fluffy' towels gone?, they were really not to standard one expects from Premier Inn - not soft all but rather hard!. The bed was comfortable and certainly I could not hear the aircraft nearby too much.I appreciate that this is one of the larger Premier inns in the chain and being at the airport but certainly I feel standards have slipped somewhat!. The breakfast was very good and the greeter at reception was superb, explaining the 'help yourself' service etc, I watched him doing same with other guests and his handling of guests was excellent.

Room Tip: There is only one person checking you in, if you do not like using the automatic check in machines t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North We are committed to providing world-class service and I'm disappointed to hear we didn't meet your expectations. We welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept. I assure you that the issues you have raised will be dealt with immediately. Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Korean first
Motherwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a very busy hotel as you would expect being by the airport. However it was closely situated by the airport terminal and therefore was very handy for our 4am start. Of course we were just starting our trip to Austria and on very much of a high. Despite being very busy , I found our stay very comfortable and staff were very helpful. We had a nice bar meal which was very quickly done and well served by very helpful staff. Our room as per the ad was very peaceful and comfortable. I guess my only down side was the wait at the bar, as the seemed to be under staffed and therefore, if you wanted a drink, then you would need to be slightly patient

Room Tip: I think the higher the better
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts following your recent stay. I am really pleased to know that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and the location convenient for you. We hope to be able to welcome you back. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Yorkshire Uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We normally stay at Premier Inn south and have usually had no complaints. We were expecting the north to be the same standard but had a very poor stay. The restaurant service was very slow. The waiter took our meal and drinks order then returned 20 minutes later to say the wine I had ordered was our of stock. I ordered a different wine which arrived after another long wait. The food was not as good as the south and it took ages. Lots of people were complaining and one lady with a young child was quite distressed as the child had waited so long with no food it had fallen asleep at the table. We had no sleep all night due to a loud buzzing sound. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. At first I thought it might be the air con but it still buzzed when I switched it off. We had to get up at 3am for our flight having had no sleep at all we would have been better off driving from home. I mentioned the noise to the receptionist when we checked out. She said "oh yes it is on the roof, sometimes it makes a noise sometimes not. No problem you can have a refund". It might not have been a problem for her but it certainly was for me. I would have prefered to have had some sleep rather than a refund. We won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: dont get a room on the top floor. Very noisy from machinery on the roof.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

When we arrived we tried to use the electronic check in but it was not working properly. Receptionist came over immediately and very helpfully sorted us out. Then into our 2 rooms and they were the usual clean, immaculate setup. When it came to the restaurant however (we prebooked our evening meal) things took a dive downhill. We had to wait AGES for every course which with 4 primary aged kids was not a pleasant experience. When it came the quality of food was average at best and the servings pretty small. The staff were also very busy and not very friendly, We left £76 lighter and not very impressed. For this reason this particular Premier Inn gets 3 stars when I would normally expect 4 or 5.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North We are committed to providing world-class service. We welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept. I was really sorry to hear that your restaurant experience was so poor and I would like to reassure you that the issues you have raised have already been dealt. I do hope that in the near future, you would decide to book again and give us a second chance to redeem ourselves. As I do believe we can deliver the high expectations you sadly on this occasion did not receive.
Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in this hotel before a very early morning flight and it was very good. Would recommend for people as it is in a great location (10 mins in taxi £6). We ate in the restaurant, meals arrived fast and were of good quality. The hotel wasnt a bad price (could have been slightly cheaper taking into account the taxi fare there n back) but other than that pretty happy and if I was going to manc airport again I would stop here.

It is literally 1 minute walk to the travelodge and other premier inn as well - so if you just wanted to eat here it is a quick and easy walk over the car park.

• Stayed July 2013
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I'm glad you found our Location to the Airport Convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Airport Runger Lane North Premier Inn Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Picked up the stay and park deal with Premier Inns with accommodation at the start and end of the holiday before long drive home. E-booking was spot on, checked in before arrival and everything was ready on my arrival. Staff were pleasant and efficient, room was spotless and well appointed with everything working, bed was usual standard, huge and comfortable. Parking was at JetParks about half a mile away, staff there were also pleasant and efficient, a seamless process. Had a meal on the return leg and this was reasonably priced and delicious, what more could we ask. Another good deal and great service from Premier Inn and their partners JetParks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for posting such a glowing review of your stay it is always great to hear that our guests have had a great time. I am pleased to hear that you booked one of our great value Sleep Park & Fly deals and that you found the whole process seamless. Look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
St Andrews, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We arrived at the Premier inn quite late. It was very busy. The staff were efficient but not very friendly. The rooms were good and the bar service was fine. However we heard numerous complaints about the restaurant service. Some people were irate at the time it took to get served with food or the food just not turning up as ordered.

Now I know this from previous. So we had stopped en route and eaten. I would recommend if you are staying here you do the same.

I know it was busy but come on a wee smile from the reception would go a long way after a Long journey.

Room Tip: Book rooms separately if booking multiple rooms. We saved a fortune.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and rest assured your comments will be fed through to the team. I know that they will be disappointed to hear that they did not meet your expectations as they strive to provide great service to all our guests. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North? Share your experiences!