“terrible north vs south”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #25 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 July 2013

booked 2 family rooms for north 24th april to stay 8th july arived from airpot at 2.30 am morning with 2 kids was told there was no room they were full but my family member got there room starnge i booked paid rooms direct with premier inn i was told to walk over to south premier inn off we went got there was told no room full up waited for 20 min trying to book us in as a walk in finaly after 30 min got room first floor 2 double beds kids had to sleep together 3.40 guy from reception knocked door asked us to sign reciept anyway no sleep at all window in room was broke could not shut iit we were at mototway side non stop traffic noise also gap in curtains let sun in hooks missing top and middle stains on carpet bathroom was cheap looking shower was plastic looks like a caravn shower from 70s they should have put leny henry in that room lol checking out complained to receptionist she said sorry will send you email refuned money next time you stay ask for room away form motorway what a cheek did not even get room i booked its now been a week got no emai no refund or apology phoned premiet inn yesterday after waiting 20 min on phone was told they will deal with complaint manager should contact me within 2 days so this is the 2nd day 16th july wait on there call so i booked north hotel sent to south so the blame is with the north as i booked with them i gave north good review last year as it is a bettrer hotel quiet to sleep this is my first negative review

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Been here before, so felt confident booking.

Booked four weeks in advance and arrived at 0500 after a flight home from Rhodes. Amazingly, we got asked to take a seat and wait for the staff to prepare our room!!! At 0500 in the morning with two young kids!!! Absolutely bizarre and shocking!! I understood my booking was from 1400??

Anyway, we checked in and headed up to our room at 0520, very tired, only to find a member of staff making up the beds!!!! at 0520?!!!!!!!!

However, a great night sleep in a comfy bed followed and we headed down to breakfast. A very, very nice Polish (I think) gentleman met us and took time to explain and help us out- a lovely man!

So overall, I good hotel but I do not yet understand why a room is not ready at 0500 having been booked four weeks previous............

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North We are committed to providing world-class service. We welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept. I assure you that the issues you have raised will be dealt with immediately. Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed here for one night, only one person checking you in however had 4 automatic machines of which 2 not working. The room looked a bit tired with a few stains on carpet and an interesting one on the shower curtain!. The loo smelled bad as if it had not been cleaned properly and where have the 'fluffy' towels gone?, they were really not to standard one expects from Premier Inn - not soft all but rather hard!. The bed was comfortable and certainly I could not hear the aircraft nearby too much.I appreciate that this is one of the larger Premier inns in the chain and being at the airport but certainly I feel standards have slipped somewhat!. The breakfast was very good and the greeter at reception was superb, explaining the 'help yourself' service etc, I watched him doing same with other guests and his handling of guests was excellent.

Room Tip: There is only one person checking you in, if you do not like using the automatic check in machines t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North We are committed to providing world-class service and I'm disappointed to hear we didn't meet your expectations. We welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept. I assure you that the issues you have raised will be dealt with immediately. Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a very busy hotel as you would expect being by the airport. However it was closely situated by the airport terminal and therefore was very handy for our 4am start. Of course we were just starting our trip to Austria and on very much of a high. Despite being very busy , I found our stay very comfortable and staff were very helpful. We had a nice bar meal which was very quickly done and well served by very helpful staff. Our room as per the ad was very peaceful and comfortable. I guess my only down side was the wait at the bar, as the seemed to be under staffed and therefore, if you wanted a drink, then you would need to be slightly patient

Room Tip: I think the higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts following your recent stay. I am really pleased to know that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and the location convenient for you. We hope to be able to welcome you back. Kind Regards Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We normally stay at Premier Inn south and have usually had no complaints. We were expecting the north to be the same standard but had a very poor stay. The restaurant service was very slow. The waiter took our meal and drinks order then returned 20 minutes later to say the wine I had ordered was our of stock. I ordered a different wine which arrived after another long wait. The food was not as good as the south and it took ages. Lots of people were complaining and one lady with a young child was quite distressed as the child had waited so long with no food it had fallen asleep at the table. We had no sleep all night due to a loud buzzing sound. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. At first I thought it might be the air con but it still buzzed when I switched it off. We had to get up at 3am for our flight having had no sleep at all we would have been better off driving from home. I mentioned the noise to the receptionist when we checked out. She said "oh yes it is on the roof, sometimes it makes a noise sometimes not. No problem you can have a refund". It might not have been a problem for her but it certainly was for me. I would have prefered to have had some sleep rather than a refund. We won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: dont get a room on the top floor. Very noisy from machinery on the roof.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

When we arrived we tried to use the electronic check in but it was not working properly. Receptionist came over immediately and very helpfully sorted us out. Then into our 2 rooms and they were the usual clean, immaculate setup. When it came to the restaurant however (we prebooked our evening meal) things took a dive downhill. We had to wait AGES for every course which with 4 primary aged kids was not a pleasant experience. When it came the quality of food was average at best and the servings pretty small. The staff were also very busy and not very friendly, We left £76 lighter and not very impressed. For this reason this particular Premier Inn gets 3 stars when I would normally expect 4 or 5.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here at the Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane North We are committed to providing world-class service. We welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept. I was really sorry to hear that your restaurant experience was so poor and I would like to reassure you that the issues you have raised have already been dealt. I do hope that in the near future, you would decide to book again and give us a second chance to redeem ourselves. As I do believe we can deliver the high expectations you sadly on this occasion did not receive.
Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in this hotel before a very early morning flight and it was very good. Would recommend for people as it is in a great location (10 mins in taxi £6). We ate in the restaurant, meals arrived fast and were of good quality. The hotel wasnt a bad price (could have been slightly cheaper taking into account the taxi fare there n back) but other than that pretty happy and if I was going to manc airport again I would stop here.

It is literally 1 minute walk to the travelodge and other premier inn as well - so if you just wanted to eat here it is a quick and easy walk over the car park.

• Stayed: July 2013
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I'm glad you found our Location to the Airport Convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Airport Runger Lane North Premier Inn Kind regards, Anne Marie Heys Operations Manager