Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #24 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here last night.Could not fault it apart from the Heating/Cooling controls.The normal person would have trouble working out how it works.
Beds comfy,food good,breakfast good.
Staff as ever, very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Now I love premier inn and never had a problem until the night in this one yes it was clean etc as all are but omg the room was so cold and even with heating on made no difference at all and the noise outside was pretty bad too and not from aircraft but main road and the lorries off loading at the industrial estate so not a great night at one of the best low cost hotel chains around but will not use this one again I'm sorry to say.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Have just spent a night at the above hotel and was pleasantly surprised. I found the staff really pleasant and helpful and the room warm, nicely decorated and clean. We ate dimmer in the restaurant and again the staff were really good. Different staff on for breakfast the following morning but once again, really good service. The breakfast is a self service affair but the staff are on hand should you wish something not immediately obvious.
There were a couple of detractions. I personally found the bed too firm, but that is a personal thing and secondly I thought some of the dishes on offer in the bistro were a little overpriced.
There is ample parking on site and there is a shuttle bus (£3) that runs from the hotel to the railway station and all the airport terminals. It runs on the hour and half hour. I was dropping of my wife for a business trip to Athens, so we used the bus saving me the hassle of driving into the airport.
Finally, there was no noise from the aircraft, in fact the soundproofing of the rooms is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AllanWood2
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have booked this hotel several times in conjunction with APH's excellent Meet and Greet service. (No worries about getting a parking space.) All our previous stays have been excellent. This time there were a few slight problems. We were told on check-in that we had been allocated a room on the quieter car park side. In fact it turned out to be on the motorway side which is quite a bit noisier. We were given a card which told us how to contact reception but the significance of this was not explained. At about 4.00am we received a text message to say our flight was delayed by 3 hours so decided to change the time of the taxi we'd booked. At that point we realised there was no telephone in the room so I got dressed and went down to reception where I was informed all the telephones had been taken out (of all Premier Inns I think). The following morning we mentioned this and the wrong information about the room to a more efficient receptionist. She told us the hotel has requested to have the telephones reinstalled but in the meantime customers have to use their mobile phones. She said she would request a refund for us under the Good Night's Sleep guarantee and when we got back from our holiday this had been credited to our account. So 'Well Done' Premier Inn for honouring the guarantee. We will stay here again and I hope that the telephones are back by then - although I also hope we won't need it!

1  Thank YorkshireDandD
Reviewed 29 November 2013

used it before went on holiday and when we came back the food ,service ,staff all superb value for money with comfort will be doing same in march thanks to all staff you made me and wife feel so welcome nothing a problem

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel was every thing is says on the brochure ideal for the airport and a weeks parking we used jet parking and got a great deal for the nights stay and parking £64.00 . Although the parking is very near I would probably use the meet and greet service in future unless you have plenty of time to park and ride . We thought we had but under estimated the size of the airport and the time it took to get around it .
The staff we're very friendly , the only complaint I could make was the food for our evening meal was pricy for what we got I had a curry which was really a micro wave meal and they charged £12
But rooms were very clean .

Room Tip: Our room faced the airport but was still very quiet due to good double glazing so I presume all are...
Reviewed 24 November 2013

good value for money. booking was easy and if you needed any help it was only a phone call away. on arrival you can check in by self service or face to face comfortable rooms relaxing atmosphere staff very good and ready to assist in anything. you can dine in or out no pressure on you to dine at hotel.nice and close to airport with minimun travel to parking at the airport all booking from hotel to parking done online simple