“Bad food poor nights sleep”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Haydock
“Bad food poor nights sleep”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and I stopped one night at this hotel, we when to the restaurant for an evening meal, we where told by the waitress " sorry we don't have any burgers left" we ordered mushroom soup, when it arrived my partners soup was thick and creamy, mine was the consistency of tap water and tasted like tap water, I called the waitress to ask her to change it to which she said I'm sorry we don't have any soup left, to which explained why mine was like tap water it had been watered down to make 2 portions, they where not clever enough to water both the soups so they atleast looked and tasted the same. I had to have another starter which was ok. In the room it was like sleeping with a washing machine a loud whirling noise was coming from directly above us which was the roof and the air conditioning units, it lasted all night, when leaving I told the receptionist who told me I wasn't that close to the air conditioning units they are a couple of doors down but I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I was made to feel I was not being truthful, I have stayed at this hotel before the last being in October 2013 where I was given fish that smelt awful and made me ill, again the customer service was awful even when I had an email from the manager telling me he would be in touch it's now January 2014 and I'm still waiting. I will not stay at this hotel again I will stay at other premier inn hotels just not this one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank haydock2
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have stayed here a few times but never eaten there until our last visit. We wont be eating there again. We arrived at 9pm and went to the restaurant and was asked if we had booked. there were only 4 other people dining!. Anyway we ordered the cheapest item on the menu £12.10 for a burger. My chicken burger was virtually inedible. Hard (solid) bun, wet in the middle due to wet lettuce. Chips mediocre. The worst part was what they called "house slaw" which was dry brown cabbage and carrot, finely shredded, no dressing. Diabolical is not a bad enough description. Eventually we were offerred a refund for my burger which was the worst, sadly though, accompanied by a comment "this is what its like! its delivered like that". unbelievable awful

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue H
norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with a Premier inn - check in was simple although receptionist found it hard to smile. Room clean and spacious. Used costa coffee high shut too early at 6pm.
Breakfast was excellent in the morning, great service and food.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hayley M, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards, Management Team
merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked this hotel as a 'see what is was like', before we book for our night before our Florida trip in July.
First time in a Premier Inn, and was not dissaponted. The room was very clean and fresh, lovely bathroom, staff very helpful.
£5 to park overnight, only downside limited WiFi, other than that, we booked again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Anne Marie H, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind Regards, Management Team
Normanton W Yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in the past when travelling from airport so thought would stay here again . As in the past service was excellent staff friendly and the room had just been refurbished so was like brand new . Ate in the restaurant food and service were very good tho did think prices for food were bit high for a budget hotel . Located next to freight terminal so only five minutes drive to the airport and to parking . Can park at the hotel while on holiday tho I don't use this service as use a meet and greet service at the airport . Would stay here again in future

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Normylad36
Dear Guest,
I would first like to say a massive thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review. It’s great for our team to hear such positive feedback from our guests and I know they too will appreciate your comments. I am glad you were able to enjoy an evening meal with us and that you liked our clean and comfortable rooms.
I look forwards to seeing you soon.
Kind Regards, Management Team
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a very friendly quiet hotel, considering it is right next to the Airport. The customer service from the staff was excellent. Because I booked in advance the price I paid was excellent for a budget hotel, the ease of getting to and from the Hotel was good although you have to get a taxi from the terminals or railway station, but at a subsidised rate of six pound either way or in the morning you can get a shuttle bus to the terminals for 3 pound. The room was clean and quiet, with tv, tea/coffee making and a hair dryer, check in and out is fast and efficient. The evening meals in the dining room I found very expensive for the type of meals and the quantity on offer compared with the price. Biggest downfall I found was no alarm clock or radio in the rooms and you cannot book a wake up call, hense not a sound nights sleep in fear of sleeping in

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gavin052
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice friendly warm welcome at check-in and the room was very clean and everything looked new. We stayed here 3 years ago and the only fault was that it was quite cold in the room, however, this time it was fine and the temperature control worked well. We didn't eat in the hotel, we just had a drink. I didn't rate it 5 stars as we could hear a child talking in a nearby room and in the corridor at around 5am until 7am. Obviously not the hotel's fault - they do their best with 'sshhhhh quite zone' signs - a great idea - just a shame some guests choose to ignore them. But I feel the sound proofness isn't as good as it could be. We were probably unfortunate and I'd stay here again however as it was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: we asked for a room away from the entrance and they obliged - shame there's no notes for this if...