“Pricey and overrated”

Rosso Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosso Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 2,371 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Grade II Listed building, Rosso Restaurant Manchester presents fine Italian cuisine and exquisite wines in a magnificent and contemporary setting. Owned by Rio Ferdinand, Rosso has glamorous cocktails, regular live jazz and a cool celebrity crowd. Full of delicious dishes, the Rosso menu features fresh pasta, pizza and risotto, along with fine meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I dined here for the second time on Friday night. My friend took me here as it's one of her favourite places to eat and convenient to her work place.

The inside of the restaurant is steeped with character and absolutely beautiful, it's quite trendy and an ideal place for a special occasion. However, although the service was good, we were served by 4 different people so we were sure who to leave a tip for. The food was ok, but not groundbreaking. I think the problem of having such a large menu is that none of the dishes get mastered! I had the seafood linguine and it was nice but for the price, I've had better in Ask Italian restaurants.

The dessert however was nasty. I ordered the profiteroles and they were large but largely tasteless. I ate half of one and left the rest, there was far too much thick cream in them and they didn't taste fresh at all, they tasted frozen and defrosted.

The one thing I did love was the swing singer they had as entertainment, he was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,100)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Went at lunchtime it was very busy and we only had the table for so long so felt we had to rush meal. Ok nothing fantastic for the money. We prefer to go in just for a drink at the bar where they serve nibbles with the drinks. Worth a visit though.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

we went to Rosso , for my friend,s birthday, we had to book 7 days prior, stayed at the Hilton. There were 14 of us , all adults, so sometimes you aways get one person, who for one reason or another does,nt like the food,so it can be a let down, Well this time everyone loved the food, not the cheapest, for drinks , or food, but what you get is excellent value, Fantastic Food, Geat Service, and Great entertainment. The Decor/Atmosphere is Brilliant. everyone had a different dish, and all came at the same time,as other places, we have had to wait up to 30 mins for last person,s meal to come, In fact the food was that good , we sent our compliments to the Chef, Steve ?? . In fact when we booked again, we asked if he was working that day, Top marks to a top place.ps did,nt see Rio about.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

a wonderfull dining experience with a top line singer in Russell Shaun to entertain you whilst dining,. the Christmas atmosphere with stunning
decorations, well worth the visit

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Ate here with my husband on a busy weekend. The restaurant was pretty stylish and the atmosphere was great. Despite the restaurant being very busy the service and great and the food good. There was an extensive bar menu and something for everyone. Well worth a visit.