“Gay village 10 Oscars 0”
Review of Gay Village

Gay Village
Ranked #26 of 190 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Centered around the Canal street area in Manchester is a thriving gay scene, which offers a plethora of bars, clubs, restaurants and other nighttime venues for gays and straights alike.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Had a great night in Manchester gay village fab atmosphere most people extremely friendly however I would just like to comment that our friend had been to Oscars before and wanted to show us and have a little drink, as was the theme for the night. We walked in and began seating ourselves about as there were only two other people in the bar when the few at the bar were asked how many of you are there to which we replied about 15. The twit behind bar who was clearly struggling with any kind of customer service said well sorr we can't take groups, people have to book in? Please!!,,, Our friend tried to say we were only staying for one drink and what time was he expecting this Group he said around 7 at this point to was 6.30!!! What is it with some people. If they can turn away a good £70-80 good luck to them! Either way we decided to leave why should they take our well earned money? Just dam rude and really really NOT worth the visit!! There were plenty of other places and a Good night was had by all it was just a pity Oscars let the village down in terms of hospitality?

2  Thank Jane H

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I used to be a frequent visitor to the Gay Village back in the mid 90's when it was literally just Canal Street.
What can I say, I went at the end of October for an overnight stay to visit a friend and it was amazing.
The choice of bars is staggering. Something for everyone and it certainly had me thinking why i moved back from Manchester.
I would recommend this to anyone for a cheeky pint or a night out.
Make sure you pop into G-A-Y. something for everyone in there.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I don't normally write reviews just read them and think oh well I will see when I get there, but I have to explain what an unexplainable thing I saw with the bouncers in GAY bar in Manchester .
I was talking to an ex army guy who was very pleasant but drunk as most people on Friday night and a bouncer came along to us both and said to him he has to leave because he looked drunk, he had no problem about this but said he was waiting for his friends that was at the toilet , the next think I can remember was this hot headed bouncer trying to grab a 6 ft ex marine by the through and it not working out for him.
Before I knew it the little loser of a bouncer that had caused the trouble to a very placid and polite guy had caused all hell to break loose and before I knew it about 10 or so other bouncers came running over to eject him, at least this guy had the balls to stand up for himself self and by which I mean he was doing nothing wrong besides the normal Friday night wobble as we all do .
Who the bloody hell is in charge of the bouncers in there or do the bouncers own the place I think that's the worst thing I've see in my life..
Luckily when we was chatting we exchanged numbers and he made a joke of it but seriously GAY is that your policy to CAUSE TROUBLE

6  Thank John T
Reviewed 30 October 2013

fun, packed and vibrant. people spilling out onto streets, good humour and friendly.lots of bars and clubs .both gay and straight people happy and smiling. go to scandles bar for very funny entertainment

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I went there by myself and had a great time. Met so many nice/crazy people!
Also, prices there are not bad at all! I would definitely come back!

4  Thank Natalya P