“So clean, warm and welcoming!”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
Ranked #54 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I had a days trip to Manchester with my three kids and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express East.Some staff in this hotel chain in others I've been were not particularly friendly,so,I was shocked when at check in,not only were we warmly welcomed,the staff on duty,Moez Romdhani, went out of his way to give us maps showing us how to get around town and places we could visit!!!

Our room was welcoming,so so clean,warm and comfortable!!My children loved it absolutely!!! nothing like clean sheets and a warm bath after a days trip!!!

Having slept late,we came down a bit late for breakfast,but this same staff on duty(an angel I believe walking the face of earth) still made sure my children and I had a sound healthy breakfast!!!And extended our check out time till 2pm!!!!!

Was so blown away by the extras the staff offered! One of them actually helped bring up our dinner!!! and they just kept asking if we were ok and if we needed anything!!!

We were just pampered and would have loved to stay longer!!! Bless you all! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Osj3110
carl7206, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Its so good to know that we are doing a great job here at Manchester East when I receive such positive feedback. I really thank you so much for your comments and I will pass on to all of the team, particularly Moez.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

As a platinum member of holiday inn's priority club this hotel maintains the good quality I have come to expect from the holiday inn chain. The hotel is clean quiet and good value. Just one bit of advice for anyone staying here don't eat anything from the pub opposite. Im no food snob but the food really is disgusting and not even warm. Go to the McDonald's a few more metres up the road or get a takeaway from the many shod in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank ghkl

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. Next time you stay with us in Manchester why not try the food menu that we offer in the hotel. We offer a range of Pizzas, Pasta and Curries, with very friendle and attentive service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2011

location is not the best. the surrounding areas are not to appealing. stayed here as it was included in my package to see man utd. for the price its not bad at all. all in all a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bluemoose4life
carl7206, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

I am sorry that your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Manchester East did not meet all your expectations. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about the location of the hotel. What I would say is that we are a very popular hotel, and a very safe hotel. Our guests like the hotel due to its proximity to the motorway links and the free car parking. We do have a lot of football supporters staying at the hotel also. I hope that this matter will not deter you from staying with us again.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 29 September 2011

This is where I always stay when in the vicinity on business. It's a great hotel - clean, comfortable and welcoming. Staff are warm and friendly and are always pleased to help with any requirement you may have. Next door is the Beefeater style pub that's fine and a McDonalds too. If you don't fancy eating at one of these they have a great take away selection of menus that have always arrived within 45 mins for me. They also do nice looking pizzas and food at the hotel itself. Debdale Park is right next to the hotel and I use it to go for my morning runs around the lake - great! They hotel really does the brand proud.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
carl7206, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

It is absolutely fabulous to recieve such positive feedback about the hotel and the team here at Manchester. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed here to go to the O2 Apollo, which is about 3 miles down the road.
You can catch a bus to it from the main road outside the hotel.
Pub next door to the hotel and a mcdonalds right outside. Telco express down the road 2 mins. Very clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I will pass this on to the rest of the team at Manchester.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

As a priority club member I'm a regular customer at your various hotels. This one is ideally situated, On bus route into Manchester, pub next door does beautiful meals, two for the price of one. Rooms clean and comfortable. Just a couple of gripes, pillows like bricks and no shower gel or hand wash in dispensers. Buffet style breakfast was as usual superb and dining room spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments about the hotel, I will pass all your feedback on to the rest of the team here at Manchester.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Whilst this is a nice enough business hotel once you are inside, once inside you are inside.....so to speak!

I have stayed here on a number of ocassions as surprisingly it offers excellent conference facilities on the top floor.

However as a hotel it is merely a bed - it isnt the level I have come to expect from the H.I Express group - the food is ok, the bar is ok, the rooms are ok.....which pretty much sums it up.

It is situated right on a main road surrounded by industrial areas. Whilst staying here I wanted to watch the evening football and so asked reception where the nearest pub might be....I would have preffered if they had said get a taxi into Manchester (approx 3 miles) than be directed to a very 'local' pub in a 'tough' area which didnt welcome 'outsiders'. Lesson well and truly learned.

The only real positive is it is only a £5 ride into Manchester, however there are plenty of hotels in the same price band in the actual centre of the city!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Manchester_Dabs

I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations at the Holiday Inn Express Manchester East. I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again. I will pass all your feedback on to the rest of the team. Many Thanks, Carl Butterworth