“A really Good Hotel”

Ranked #54 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A really Good Hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stay at this Hotel every time we go to Manchester. I have written a couple of reviews in the past, we have always been pleased with the service, the staff and management are very friendly and efficient.
The hotel is well located and very quiet with good car parking. The recent refit is very good. Breakfast is good and makes a great star to the day.
Our little dog is always welcomed at the Hotel, as many places do not allow dogs this is a major bonus for us.
Please see my other reviews for further information.
Thank you to every one at this hotel for looking after us so well, and see you again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel to avoid any car park noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HappyTravellers222
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear HappyTravellers222

First of all, let me say how great it was to see you again recently, and that your continued custom and feedback is very much appreciated. I am delighted that the team here are consistent in delivering a high level of customer service, and I will make sure your comments are shared with them at our next team meeting.

Thanks again!

Senior Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

great hotel to stay in check in staff are very friendly rooms are clean and good heater in room for these cd winter nights its very quiet in hotel so no problem sleepin in the comfy bed we ate in hotel first night but foods not the best pub accross the car park is good and fairly priced bkfst is as good as you will get plenty choices for everyone its a ten out of ten from me be back next week

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank colin j
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear colin j

Thank you for such a great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and it's always great to receive such positive comments. I will share these with the rest of the team here at our next meeting.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a girls birthday weekend as we arrived we was greeted with a smile a lovely welcome by a man called H he was very chatty and friendly and as it was a late check in and that's the sort of mannerism I looked for as it gives you that extra boost after a long journey,I requested all our guest stay on the same floor and that's what we got a few doors away from each other,rooms was clean and pillows was sooo cosy I had no problem what so ever when it came to sleeping ,easy access to wifi,food to order 24hrs also I must say the services which they state they offer was all available ,I will most defiantly be coming back again.thankyou to the friendly staff and the hard working Mohmed gave us 5* treatment bringing my cup of tea to the table as I had sore feet after a night out ,thank you staff and team x

Natalie x

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nae3
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Nae3

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is great to hear that the nights team here went above and beyond to make your stay such an enjoyable one. I have already made them aware of your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Southampton,England
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our room was very comfortable and it was quiet with no experience of external noise.
There was a choice of pillow(firm or soft) which was a nice touch.
The shower worked well and was one of the easiest we have used..
The complimentary service for forgotten toiletries(toothpaste/razor etc) was an additional facility which was useful.
The card for opening the room was complicated (as had to put in the slot the opposite to the way shown) but with the help of the friendly receptionist this was sorted quickly.
The dinner menu in the hotel was limited but the pub/restaurant next to the hotel had a better choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel D, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear griffon36

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review of your recent stay.

I'm especially pleased to hear your comments about our room amenities and your kind words regarding the reception staff will be passed along.

We will be starting a new menu in the restaurant shortly and hope you may give it a try upon your next visit.

Dennis Routledge-Tizzard

Guest Service Assistant
Hampshire
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Room 114 - 3 nights

My initial thought when entering the room was a smell of smoke, which you get used to. Shower head holder was broken, bathroom floor tiles loose and in poor condition. Bathroom door didn't close fully or lock, not so much a problem as I was on my own.
I asked to leave a bag for safe keeping when I went out one evening, I was told to take it into the office behind the counter, I asked where it was kept and was told it would stay there. It was not going to be locked away, so left it in the room. I am never happy when it is the credit card style keys when leaving valuables in a room. So had the worry of leaving valuables in the room which was on the ground floor.
I also found the room door and ones around were very noisy when closed. They did not soft close with a click, they has to be pulled shut as the mechanisms are old, resulting in a loud sound. It meant I was woken up very early one morning and couldn't get back to sleep having been working till 3am on my computer.
Wifi in the room is good for checking e-mails and websites only. I tried to watch sky go on my laptop and it kept buffering. I did a speed test and got no more than half a MB per second.
No aircon in my room, unusual as every Holiday inn I have stayed in have had it.
Breakfast was of the usual standard - very good
Would I stay there again - NO

Room Tip: Ask for the end of a corridor so the slamming doors don't disturb too much
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear h0lidaysf0rfun

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I understand your comments with regards to places to store valuables. We do have a number of safety deposit boxes behind reception for our guests to use free of charge. Many of our guests leave their bags with us before or after check in while they go and explore Manchester, and I can assure you that any item left in the office is properly supervised and looked after, and we have never had an incident with regards to items going missing.

I would hope that on this occasion this was nothing more than a misunderstanding with the member of staff with whom you dealt with, and they were possibly unaware that your bag contained valuable items. I am sorry that use of a deposit box was not offered to you as a matter of course and I will follow up with the team to make sure that this is offered in future.

With regards to the internet, I am sorry that you weren't able to get a fast enough connection for your needs. We have recently started offering free wifi access to all guests who book direct with us, and also all IHG Rewards Members. We are aware that this has created an increased demand on this service and it is currently an area that is being addressed, with speed upgrades planned very soon.

Lincoln
Reviewed 26 October 2013

A very odd mix - lovely rooms, very clean posh and comfortable, but paired up with really cheapskate food: the croissant I tried to eat for breakfast tasted like it had been microwaved about five times and was stale and horrible. Most of the rest of it, including the readymix scrambled egg looked disgusting. They obviously wanted to spend the absolute minimum they could get away with. Nearly everything on offer seemed to be only a step away from going to Macdonalds. Also having offered free wifi they make it very difficult to log in - you have to go specially back to the checkin desk to get the code.

• Stayed October 2013
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Iceship

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your experience at breakfast and I am sorry that this was the main negative aspect of your visit. I can assure you that our croissants are never prepared in a microwave, however your feedback is very welcome and will be used to help improve the services and products that we offer.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for one night before a training course at Manchester college and after a horrid journey it was welcome relief that the hotel did not match the surrounding area. Check in was very efficient following a friendly welcome. My room was on the ground floor and was very clean and well presented with a nice comfy bed and a sofa bed, ideal as a family room. The bathroom was small but again clean and tidy. I had dinner in the bar area, nice chicken jelfrazi, possibly microwaved but still tasty enough. Some Pilau rice instead of plain would have been better but not much to complain about. Breakfast was buffet style, and although basic (no bacon?) Was still reasonable enough.
I have stayed in a few Holiday Inn's and am happy to say this was up as one of the best. Thank You to all the staff there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Gooner66iw

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit to our hotel. Your feedback is very welcome and I hope your next visit to our hotel is just as enjoyable as your last one!

Regards