“Thin walls, rude staff”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
Ranked #49 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Kept up half the night as I could hear somebody's TV through the thin walls. After I eventually got to sleep I was then woken at 3am by a phone call from reception asking me to turn my TV off as it was disturbing others! When I told them it wasn't mine they didn't accept this and effectively told me I was lying. Ironically after this I was too angry to get back to sleep and so put my TV on (quietly).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear DG26

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry to learn that you encountered an issue with noise during your visit and also a misunderstanding in your dealings with our nights team for which I sincerely apologise.
It does seem that our nights team were acting in good faith and responding to a complaint of noise which we encourage them to do, however perhaps on this occasion this could have been investigated a little further first and dealt with differently. I will take on board your comments and discuss them with the team members involved.
I hope that this incident does not deter you from making a return visit to our hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this incident further with you, as well as personally handle any future accommodation requirements that you may have and invite you to contact me directly at sgsm@hiexpressmanchester.co.uk.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night and was very impressed with the cleanliness, beautiful white bed linen and towels. The en suite was well designed with a wonderful shower.
We had a good evening meal, not much choice but much better than we expected and the buffet breakfast was also delicious. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the restaurant manager could do with pressing his jacket!! .
Unfortunate I left my hot brush in my room but it was not handed in.
I would certainly stay again if I were in the area.
Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear TheBritsNewbury

Thank you for such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and I will share your comments at our next team meeting.

We look forward to your next visit!

Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a 2 night stay in this hotel. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms were very clean as well.
A quiet hotel, not any traffic noise.
Staff very helpful and polite.
Breakfast was the usual buffet breakfast, which was well cooked and presented.
Plenty of car parking available.
Good bus route into the city as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear jlj9700

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. Your comments on the staff in particular are very welcome and I will share these at our next team meeting.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Thank you to all the staff for making our short stay very enjoyable and trouble free on 30th May. The room was available on time, lovely and clean with the room set up ready for myself and my two daughters. Bathroom facilities were very very clean (important to us). Reception staff on arrival were friendly, very helpful and knowledgable. The 24 hour menu was great, especially as we got in rather late (due to traffic) from the 1D concert. Night time staff were very welcoming and went 100% out of their way to ensure we could wind down after a long day of travelling and concert going. We had a great nights sleep and the Hotel was very quiet - no traffic noise and no noise transferring from other rooms during our stay - which was a bonus. Breakfast was enjoyable, well presented and staff very helpful - thanks for the gf bread to meet my diet! Very well run Hotel with outstanding staff - thank you to all.

Room Tip: Just speak to reception tell them your needs and i am sure they will do their best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Wendy1232014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your stay at the weekend. Your comments on the hotel and the staff in particular are very welcome. We aim to provide our guests with an excellent level of friendly and personable customer service and I am delighted that this is exactly what you received. I will share your comments with the rest of the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Typical HIE situated on the edge of Manchester with good coms links to the surrounding area. Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were comfy and clean. Breakfast was the typical fayre and good for the price. The only real downside for this hotel which stops me giving it 4 stars is the location - the surrounding areas are well dodgy so an evening stroll is not recommended.

For a Manchester location it is excellent value however and as long as you are happy to drive or get a taxi into town then it is great for a couple of nights. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't want an area you can walk freely in
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear chris p

Thank you for you taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that your experience with the staff and facilities was a pleasant one. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Good-sized clean rooms with showers (not baths) in the bathrooms and all the usual HIE advantages and disadvantages such as reasonable TV, comfortable beds, limited desk space, poor lighting, limited in-room seats, on-the-wall soap/shampoo, tea and coffee, free i newspaper, a bar, plenty of parking, free breakfast (just don't drink the OJ or eat the scrambled eggs). 500m or so towards the centre of Manchester there is a large Tesco Extra. Ideal for an overnight stop but I wouldn't really recommend for an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daniel D, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear The_Meon_Meerkat

Thank you for your review. We are always eager to improve the services and products that we offer to our guests and welcome all feedback. I am pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one overall. I hope that we may welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here while having a night out at belle vue dogs, the staff were all friendly, the rooms were clean. Taxis called from the hotel were their promptly, a no problem place to stay. If one little niggle the mattresses were very soft so if you like a firm bed maybe good to mention when booking ?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel D, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Littlefairy084

Thank you for your review. Your comments are very much appreciated, particularly in reference to the staff here. I will be sure to share these with the team as a whole.

Senior Guest Services Manager