“Great overnight stay & holiday car parking”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great overnight stay & holiday car parking”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Used the overnight stay with car parking whilst we went on holiday, it was just great. Staff very helpful, overnight in hotel was very quiet & comfortable, evening meal was good and reasonably priced, very easy to park the car and leave it, free coutesey bus both ways, car ready for us when we returned. All this for just over £100 (we'd booked ahead) for a fortnight's stay!!

Room Tip: book ahead
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FulwoodPR2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Recently stayed overnight here, before an early flight, room was spacious and very clean, staff on reception were efficient and friendly.

We left a mobile in the hotel room and the driver of the shuttle was very helpful taking us back to collect it without any grumbles, would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again in the future, better than others we have stayed in on the airport site.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tabbaroo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed for one night before an early flight.

The room was large and on the 8th floor so had a good view. I didn't hear any plane noise despite being so close to the aiport. The bed was super comfy and I slept so well.

I didn't eat at the hotel but it had a busy bar area with free wi-fi throughout!

The checkin queue was very busy when i arrived. It's walkable from the train station but a bit tricky to get to. I had to navigate a dual carriageway! I would reccomend getting the free bus.

This hotel was perfect. Clean, modern and comfortable. Just what you need before taking a flight!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank heyjo
Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here as a quick stopover when we needed to be at the airport fairly early. On arrival the lobby was clean and welcoming. The reception staff were quick, efficient and friendly so although there were quite a few checking in as it was tea time on a Saturday night we were in our room in minutes. The room is clean, tidy and totally acceptable for the hotel. The bathroom had a shower and a bath so it kept the pair of us happy!! We ate in the restaurant and had the early birds set menu. I have to say the food was lovely and well presented and a very good price with 2 courses being around £18 each, the only slight complaint was they got our steaks the wrong was round when cooking so OH's ribeye was rare while my sirloin was medium!! All the waiting on staff were very friendly and helpful though and again it was quick and efficient service. We sat and had a few drinks in the bar where the good service continued and again everything was clean and tidy.
Breakfast is served from 5am so even if you need to be up and gone early you should be able to grab something. I couldn't really say what the food is like as I just had fruit and OH had cereal but the cooked breakfast looked very fresh and appetising.
There was a little noise from the airport but as you are so close that is to be expected and to be fair it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
All in all as a value hotel I think this is probably one of the best of it's kind I've stayed in and would definately use it again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bessie07
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Please don't be put off that this hotel is overlooking the terminals, I slept so well as the windows cut out all of the noise.
Meals are lovely, but did find £18 for a bottle of wine hard to swallow. (But it was nice wine).
Very friendly staff, always trying to help.
WIFI was very unreliable. So make sure to take a RJ45 network cable, as the internet piped into the room was superfast.
Thanks again and looking forward to returning to this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wazimu0
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed at Bewleys the night before my trip to Gothenburg as had an early flight so needed to be up at 5am and was the easier option rather than the 40 minute drive to the airport first thing in the morning. I had the park and fly option which was approx £78 for the room and 8 days parking.

The dropping off the car was a tad painful as the hotel car park was nearly full so had to park in one location and then move the car before going to bed as could not leave it in a even numbered parking bay!!! After venturing out a few times I found a space where I could leave the car without having to do the same in the morning before I checked out.

I did not use any of the hotels bars or restaurants as just wanted to get my head down and get some sleep before my early get up as it was already 10:00pm. I was on the 3rd floor and 3 doors away from the lift, I should have thought more about it before settling down for the night!! With the alarm clock set for 4:15am I tried to go to sleep only to hear the lift, not just the whining of it going from floor to floor but then also the bing bong when it stopped at the 3rd floor. No matter how hard I tried I could not get to sleep, I had ear plugs with me but had no idea if I would have slept past the alarm and then missed my flight, so had to just try and nod off and get a bit of shut eye.

I didn't complain when checking out as I suppose I just had the short straw in the room allocation, but it would stop me from choosing this hotel again especially if I could get in next door at the Crowne Plaza

Room Tip: Best rooms away from the lift
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CheekyRed
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, I was sorry to read that our lifts kept you awake all night and that this would stop you coming back to us in the future. I have asked our Maintenance Manager to review the volume in the lifts to see if this can be altered but I fear that this is a standard setting. For clarity the reason that we asked that you put your car in an unnumbered bay was to ensure that it was not blocked or was blocking in a holiday parking car as these are our drop off spaces. Again thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport as feedback both good and bad allows us to constantly review the standards and service that we offer.
Kind Regards
Allison Diggle
Staffordshire
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We found the hotel and staff to be very good. We arrived late afternoon went straight to our very comfortable room and chilled out and freshened up before our evening meal. There was no aircraft noise and so we got a perfect night's sleep in a comfortable bed. The room was beautifully clean.Next morning we were up very early and found to our suprise that a full irish breakfast was available to us which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were transfered to and from the airport within minutes with a very jolly driver who had us all laughing. We booked a package and had a two course evening meal and breakfast included. We will definately use this hotel again and would not hesitate to reccomend it.
I wish our 5* hotel in the Dominican had been as good!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salhhannah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!