Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Orbitz.com
US$142
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Manchester Central(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$63
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
5,675 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight stayfamily roomone night staycheck in was quickchecking ingood nights sleepbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed in the hotel over the Easter Weekend 2013 and I was very disappointed at the food and service that I received. There was a very small variety of food choice from the buffet. The milk was sour, the chicken was under cooked and the chips were luke-warm. The service was poor, for which I was very disappointed. My friends and I would not recommend this hotel and will not be revisiting.

• Stayed: March 2013
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Reviewer,
I am sorry but I do not agree with your review, your group were provided with a buffet to meet your specific budget and I can state very clearly that the chicken was not undercooked nor the milk sour. I think that based upon your comments that we were not the hotel for you but I am still sorry to read that you will not be revisiting us.
Kind regards
Allison Diggle

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel from Friday March 29th until Monday April 1st with my son and his soccer team. We ate at the hotel on Friday evening and breakfast on Saturday morning. A few hours later, my son along with ten other people were violently ill vomiting and diarrhea. We later learned that at least another twelve from a different sports group also dining and staying at this hotel had the same symptoms. My son had vomited on his clothes and mine too. Unfortunately, as it was a bank holiday weekend, laundry facilites were not available according to their information pack. On Sunday morning, on the ground floor by the elevators were two piles of vomit, which remained there for at least two hours. The bedrooms were clean enough, but behind the bedroom curtains was a large amount of black mould which is potentially a serious health hazzard. You can see that this had been painted over at least once before, instead of fixing the damp problem they hid it. On the whole, I found the staff to be unfriendly, the service to be inefficient and the food probably the worst I have ever paid for. I would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of travelling to Manchester and would probably steer clear of Bewleys hotels in the future. In Ireland, we have come to expect a high level of service, extra friendly staff, especially to children and exceptionally tasty well prepared food. I am amazed by the good reviews previously left on this site. Maybe we are spoiled over here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
AllisonDiggle, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor, I am sorry to read that your stay with us was so troublesome. The hotel are fully aware of your group and I resent the implication that it was the hotel that made you ill, rather than that as confirmed by the teachers on the day that it was a sickness bug that was brought along with you. However in the event that any food poisoning allegation was substantiated by a Doctor’s report we would request that you follow the correct procedure and contact Environmental Services at Manchester City Council Town Hall Albert Square Manchester M60 2RA, where they will open a formal investigation.
I apologise that you felt that the staff were not friendly, however it can be a challenge to remain sunny at 11.30pm when you find yourselves repeatedly asking children not to kick a football around in a public place with no parental support.
I regret that you did not give me the time to advise you of the findings of our internal investigation before posting your review.
Allison Diggle

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Nice hotel with basic but clean accomodation. Staff all very professional and friendly and location convenient for city centre or terminal. Dissapointed though that there was no mini bar and th eTV dint work.

Room Tip: ask for a mini bar !!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Hotel is very efficient, very reasonably priced and weather permitting, in walking distance to the terminal should you wish to do so, however there is a frequent bus that transfers . Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We opted for a bar meal that was competitively priced. Had the park and stay option and booked them through the net. The mileage check showed that they were not taking the car to be parked in Timbuktu just a small distance, which was a bonus! Bewleys responded to our enquires timeously and efficiently. Will use them again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple