“Comfortable accommodations, somewhat complacent staff”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #51 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 January 2014

First the positives: The hotel itself is very nice, clean, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are large and spacious. The complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and to/from the train station was super convenient, fast, and the shuttle drivers were very friendly.
The negatives: The front desk staff wasn't the friendliest I've experienced. They weren't rude exactly, but they just seemed indifferent is the best way I can describe it. It led to some confusion at check-in. The restaurant was average to me, especially for the price of the food.
Overall, it was a good hotel for the money we paid, and the shuttle service was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor; it is only through open and honest feedback that we can move the hotel forward in a positive direction.

I am glad that on the most part you enjoyed your stay with us however, I am disappointed to learn that you felt your initial welcome to be lacking. I will be passing these comments on to the Front Office Manager to feedback to the team, as it is important that all guests are made to feel welcome from the moment they set foot into the building.

I hope that this did not taint your opinion of the hotel too much and therefore we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (5,511)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night due to an early flight. Price of hotel was ok but the hotel bar was quite expensive. Good clean rooms. Just what we needed. Only downside was we had to wait nearly 40 minutes for transfer from train station, turned out to be a case miscommunication.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable nights stay, however I am sorry to learn that due to a miscommunication error your shuttle transfer took longer than would be expected. I do hope that this didn’t cause too much inconvenience?

I understand that there is a great deal of choice around when it comes to booking a hotel at the airport and therefore we are extremely grateful for your reservation and sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

five of us, myself, husband, son, daughter in law & baby grandson stayed overnight before catching early morning flight and it ticked all the boxes! good value and well organised and helpful staff - they were extremely busy. We had dinner and it was of a good standard, not quite fine dining but we were happy. We had an excellent waitress too! We would certainly return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to hear that we were able to offer a great level of standards and service and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

28/11/2013, stayed here in a double room for 1 night before going on our cruise, We had to be up at 4am so after a couple of drinks and a meal in the bar, we went to bed at 9pm.. Room very spacious and clean, bathroom spotless.. The only downfall we had is that we had a room at the back of the hotel , for the first 3 hours neither of us could sleep as at the back of the hotel is the railway track I presume into Manchester.. Apart from that everything was fine, If I stay here again I would request a front facing room..

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor. All comments are extremely appreciated.

I am glad that on the whole we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay before your cruise, which I trust was amazing?

As I am sure you are aware we a very busy and large hotel so we do have rooms that are perhaps quieter than others. Should you wish to book again please do not hesitate to contact either myself or our dedicated Reservations Team who will be only too happy to allocate one of these quieter rooms for you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Good, clean and comfortable but a bit light on complimentary toiletries. We had a good evening meal in the hotel but the breakfast was a little disappointing. the selection was wide but the sausages and black pudding were "soapy" to taste. Staff were friendly and very efficient. We used the parking offer and in our room rate received 14 nights' parking. This was easy to use and we were on our way 20 minutes after calling from the freephone in arrivals for pick up when we got back from our holiday. Will use this hotel again to reduce the stress of early morning flights.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for using Trip Advisor to share your review with your fellow travellers. I am glad that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to take the stress out of an early morning flight.

I am disappointed however, that your experience in breakfast was does not appear to be to the standard that we strive for. Your comments have been passed on to both the Food and Beverage Manager and the Head Chef who strive to use the feedback to better the menus and the food offering that we provide.

I understand that in this day in age there is a great deal of choice when it comes to booking a room reservation within the airport complex and therefore, I hope we will be able to provide a further comfortable experience again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Staff on bus, check-in and bars excellent. 1st room had been smoked in but quickly changed by Adam, great.
I had a card delivered to the hotel for my wife's Christmas prior to leaving for Cuba. It didn't arrive due to adverse weather, however the girls on reception assured me they would forward it to my home address and when I got home it was there. A1service, I can't praise them highly enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to put your fantastic comments on Trip Advisor for your fellow travellers to see.

It is lovely to hear that we have Team Members on board that are fabulous at going that extra mile, please rest assured that all comments are passed around the Team in order for them to see how great they are doing.

I trust that you had an amazing time in Cuba and hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel as part of your next getaway.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have used this hotel a couple of times for park and fly before our holiday. We have always managed to find a parking space close to the hotel and there is no risk of anyone moving your car while you are away. You keep the keys and the car stays parked in the same space. The hotel reception is always a bit busy, but they have enough staff and you don't have to queue for long. The rooms are clean and big enough for an overnight stop. The hotel bar and restaurant service is good, not overpriced. The bus transfer to the airport is only a few minutes drive, as the hotel is right on the airport. When we arrived back, we phoned the courtesy bus from the airport and the driver arrived in less than 5 minutes. It made our return back from holiday a lot more bearable. Would definitely recommend this hotel for airport stop overs.

Dear Reviewer

Thank your for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor, it is always great to hear that we help to take the stress out of going and indeed coming back from holiday.

I understand that in this day in age there is a great deal of choice when it comes to booking both room and car reservations within the airport complex and therefore, I hope we will be able to provide a further comfortable experience again in the future.