“Perfect airport hotel”

Ranked #48 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect airport hotel”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here before a 7am flight. We arrived at the airport and followed the instructions on the website to call for a lift. The van arrived within 5 minutes. The driver was friendly. He dropped us at the hotel and we checked in. The lady at the desk was again very friendly. She asked us about a dinner reservation, which we opted to arrange and offered us a transfer to the airport in the morning at a time of our choice.

Food was good, decent menu, good services, not cheap but you don't expect it to be in such a location. There was also a bar that served food which was slightly cheaper.

The room was good. Only observation was that the alarm clock had instructions which did not apply to the device (we just used our phones and I'm sure had we called they would've sorted it). The room and bathroom were clean. There were towels, tea/coffee facilities, some shower gel to use.

Shuttle in the morning was prompt and the driver helped with bags.

Overall a great shout. Not the cheapest available but the free shuttle bus makes this excellent value for a nice hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review about your recent stay. I am glad that you went away after having a positive experience within all of the areas that we provide here.

I hope that you would choose Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel itself is modern and clean, the beds are comfortable but the pillows were not, the rooms are large and spacious, but the bathroom was a bit small.
The complimentary shuttle service to/from terminal 1 was convenient and fast, and the shuttle drivers were very friendly.
It would have been nice to walk to the terminal but there were a few busy roads to cross and not really a safe walkway to get there.
The front desk staff weren't the friendliest I've experienced. They were a bit indifferent and really should give service with a smile.
The restaurant was average, especially for the price of the food.
We stayed one night and parked up for 5 (on site) it cost us £120, which was okay, but I'm not sure how secure the car park is exactly as the barrier was up on leaving (and the driver said it had been all night) so anyone could come and go really.
Overall, it was an okay hotel for the money we paid, and the shuttle service was great.

Room Tip: Try and get one near the lift as some can be a bit of a schlep
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am glad that on the whole you had an enjoyable and convenient stay with us.

With regards to your comments about pedestrian access, I am pleased to report the Airport Management are in the process of upgrading this and installing a bridge to enable easier crossing of the busy main road into the Airport complex.

I have spoken with the Transport Manager regarding the raised barrier that you have noted and now understand that there was a fault at this time. This fault was rectified as soon as the engineer could get here. As with all mechanical equipment this can happen on an occasional basis and both CCTV and staff walk rounds ensure that the security of the guests vehicles is paramount at all times.

I hope that you would consider using the hotel again in the future and therefore we look forward to hopefully, being able to welcome you back.

Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night as I was picking my friend up from the airport the following morning, I caught there shuttle bus from the train station to the hotel, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who gave me a disabled room on the ground floor and booked the airport shuttle bus for the following day for me.
It is a lovely hotel, the room was very comfortable and nicely furnished, I will return there again on the 19th of January when I take my friend back to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am really glad that we were able to provide you with a friendly and efficient service that led to a comfortable stay.

I understand that in this day in age there is a vast array of choice around the airport when it comes to booking hotel rooms and therefore, we are extremely grateful for your loyalty to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Wootton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Good clean rooms, great location for the airport. Coach transfer staff excellent both ways.....couldn't have been more helpful........maybe they could give some training to the reception staff though!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for reviewing the hotel; I am glad that we were able to provide you with a convenient and comfortable stay over.

It is always nice to hear when our Team Members have made a lasting impression on our guests and I will be sure to let the Transport Manager know that his team are an asset to him.

Customer Service is a taken very seriously within the company as a whole and we are continually training and developing the team in order to give them the skills and confidence needed to deal with all guests’ in a friendly and welcoming manner; this is an ongoing focus for 2014.

I understand that there is a great deal of choice around when it comes to booking a hotel at the airport and therefore we are extremely grateful for your reservation and sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 January 2014

First the positives: The hotel itself is very nice, clean, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are large and spacious. The complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and to/from the train station was super convenient, fast, and the shuttle drivers were very friendly.
The negatives: The front desk staff wasn't the friendliest I've experienced. They weren't rude exactly, but they just seemed indifferent is the best way I can describe it. It led to some confusion at check-in. The restaurant was average to me, especially for the price of the food.
Overall, it was a good hotel for the money we paid, and the shuttle service was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor; it is only through open and honest feedback that we can move the hotel forward in a positive direction.

I am glad that on the most part you enjoyed your stay with us however, I am disappointed to learn that you felt your initial welcome to be lacking. I will be passing these comments on to the Front Office Manager to feedback to the team, as it is important that all guests are made to feel welcome from the moment they set foot into the building.

I hope that this did not taint your opinion of the hotel too much and therefore we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night due to an early flight. Price of hotel was ok but the hotel bar was quite expensive. Good clean rooms. Just what we needed. Only downside was we had to wait nearly 40 minutes for transfer from train station, turned out to be a case miscommunication.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable nights stay, however I am sorry to learn that due to a miscommunication error your shuttle transfer took longer than would be expected. I do hope that this didn’t cause too much inconvenience?

Ayr
Reviewed 5 January 2014

five of us, myself, husband, son, daughter in law & baby grandson stayed overnight before catching early morning flight and it ticked all the boxes! good value and well organised and helpful staff - they were extremely busy. We had dinner and it was of a good standard, not quite fine dining but we were happy. We had an excellent waitress too! We would certainly return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to hear that we were able to offer a great level of standards and service and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.