“Not impressed!”

Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

After returning from Italy, and the very friendly Italian staff in hotels, this was a bitter disappointment. Except for one person in the restaurant at breakfast none of the staff showed any interest at all. On a positive side the shuttle bus was efficient and the driver very pleasant. Our room could have done with a good vacumming. Glad it was only one night and not too expensive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor, I am disappointed to learn that you found it to be lacking after you trip to Italy.

We work hard to make the guest experience an enjoyable one and on this occasion, it would seems that we did not achieve this and for that I am truly sorry. Our Customer Service training and subsequent skills are extremely important to us and is an ongoing focus for 2014. We are fully aware how important first impressions are and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again we would be able to turn the impression that you have been left with around.

I would be happy to assist with any future bookings should you wish to contact me directly.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

In the past I have been rather negative about Bewleys but this time I have no complaints of any kind. The Reception was very busy but the staff carried out their duties quietly and efficiently. The walking route from terminals 1 and 3 has changed and I think it should be signed better as it is quicker to walk than wait for the hotel bus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review you recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am happy that we have managed to change the impression you have been left with previously, it is always nice to hear when this happens as we do work hard to make the guest experience an efficient, friendly and comfortable one.

I would hope that you would consider using us again in the future and should this be the case then we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A great way to start a Holiday.
Excellent location for all 3 terminals.
Booked 1 night accommodation, evening dinner, 7 days parking, for an excellent price.
Well organised re-car, for parking and pick up. Good quality room, and an excellent evening dinner. Hotel staff were really helpful and courteous too.
Definitely a relaxed way to start a get-away

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a relaxing start to your get-away and we look forward to the opportunity to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I love using this hotel. I buy the Park and Fly pachage as it is not much more than the room on it's own, but you get 8 days of parking free! That has saved me a lot of money in parking fees.
I the rooms are of a very high standard, and the food in the resaurant is superb. I used Bewleys this time as I taveling to New York the next day so it made sense to stop over the night before and get a good night sellp. The staff are really friendly and I'll choose Bewleys over the Crown and Radission every time I fly from Manchester.
I've used Bewleys half a dozen times recently and never been disappointed with the fantastic high standard they keep.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to fly fron Manchester on any trip.

2 Thank Lamby180
Dear Reviewer

What a fabulous way to start your review, thank you so much.

It is great to hear that we continue to provide you with a high quality stay, we are extremely grateful for your continued loyalty to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport and look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Alva, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here the night before I had an interview in Manchester. Picked up by the shuttle bus - excellent service. Went for a couple of drinks in the bar - Ok atmosphere. On returning to the room we noticed this box by the side of the bed - when we had a good look at it, it was some sort of trap!! I am petrified of any rodents! The room was very dusty - which didn't help my friends chest infection! Anyway we got a new room which was better and Jordan (I think) was lovely and accommodating. Had a really good sleep - very comfy beds. Woke up and my friend had small bite marks on her leg and back. We told the manager Emma (I think) and she took contact details and said she would get back to us. She left a voicemail and said ' housekeeping have thoroughly inspected your room and nothing has been found, thanks'. And that was that!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Amy R
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to learn about the issue with your room. The box you found was a precautionary measure that we use across the hotel to continually check for evidence of bed bugs. As I am sure you aware, these insects are bought into hotels by guests that have travelled to foreign climes and we have the strictest procedures in place to ensure that should they be found they are dealt with straight away and thus are unable to spread.

The incident you have mentioned in your review has been fully investigated. We have a team within our Housekeeping department that have been specially trained to inspect any rooms brought into question and on this occasion Emma was correct in so far as informing you that the room you were in was clear but I admit this was perhaps not delivered in a way that would have been expected and for this I am truly sorry.

Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com and I will be only too happy to help.

I do hope that this has not deterred you from choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future and do hope we will be able to restore your faith in us in the future.

Hereford
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Staff efficient, but not welcoming. No smile just doing what appeared to be just a job. Whatever happened to customer service. Rooms very basic, Premier inn would have been better. Food in restaurant better than expected tho and service slightly better and quick, so not all bad. Just glad our room was paid for by someone else, £110 for just the room and bus across the road for the airport not value for money. Well trained and welcoming staff would have made it more palatable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay. All comments, both positive and negative, are extremely important to us as they help us see what we are doing well or indeed what we can do to improve the product and service that we offer.

I am disappointed to learn that you were underwhelmed by your experience. We do strive to provide a clean, friendly and comfortable stay to all of our guests and certain aspects of this appear to have been lacking on this occasion and for this I am truly sorry. Bewleys Hotels takes Customer Service extremely seriously and as such, provides on-going training and development sessions to ensure that all of our Team Members are equipped with the right tools to do the job. Your comments have been forward to the relevant Heads of Department for them to show their teams just how important first impressions are to guests like yourself.

I am confident that should you consider using Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again, we would be able to change the impression that you have been left with and prove to you that the service you received on your recent visit is not indicative of what we strive to provide on a daily basis.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need to make a future booking and I will be only too happy to help.

york
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Excellent shuttle service from the station and back to the airport next morning, Comfortable room, staff very polite and helpful. Good food, good service, will definitely use the hotel again, glasses of wine fairly expensive, by a bottle !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamesYork
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your short stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that we were able to offer you a clean and comfortable place to stay before your early morning flight and really do hope that we will be able to do so again in the future.