“Drive, Park and Fly”

Ranked #47 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Drive, Park and Fly”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is perfect for spending the night before and even after a flight from /to Manchester Airport.
The hotel has a car parking facility at a very reasonable cost.
There is a very regular shuttle bus to the three terminals and after our last flight the bus arrived within 90 seconds of our call on the free phone at the terminal.
The staff are very friendly and the food, both in the restaurant and bar, is good.
Taking your car and spending the night at Bewleys Hotel avoids the rush of morning traffic or perhaps a missed flight because of delays on the motorway.

Room Tip: Do not have a room near the lifts as people are coming and going all through the night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mocroi2
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a perfect start to your get-away and we look forward to the opportunity to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Not stayed at this hotel before but booked a stay and park package as had an early flight next morning. Check-in was straightforward as the hotel was not too busy at that time. But i did notice at around 5pm there was a lot of people checking in and there was quite a queue. You have to book a time for the shuttle next morning to take you to the airport. at Bewleys it was much more simple for leaving your car than another hotel I have done the stay and park package. The room was nice and spacious with a nice comfortable bed. It was good value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your short stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that we were able to offer you a clean and comfortable place to stay before your early morning flight and really do hope that we will be able to do so again in the future.

Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a stay and park package, have stayed before so knew what to expect. Good shuttle bus service allows you to check in your cases the night before (Thomson flights) then use the shuttle next morning to catch your flight. Easy parking and when we returned we noticed our car had done 7 miles. Good bar menu and nice atmosphere meant holiday got off to a good start.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mauritiusbride
Dear Reviewer

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable and efficient stay before your get-away and we look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

blackpool
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at Bewleys Hotel before an early Monday morning flight. The check in was a bit hectic but I had emailed ahead and asked for an easy access room due to walking difficulties and they could not have been more helpful. The room was clean and very serviceable. There were ample towels, bedding etc. There was a hairdryer and the toiletries consisted of dispensers by the sink and in the shower.The sleep quality was fine but the noise from the airport was very noticeable during the night, I felt I was in the Top Gun movie all night but to be honest I was happy enough with that but I think light sleepers might struggle a bit. I had booked the breakfast the next morning and it was fine. I'm not sure why it is an Irish breakfast tho, it seemed the same as an English one to me. But it was ample and hot. The quality of the food was good. I used the free Shuttle bus to the airport and found this really good and very speedy. The driver was very courteous. I would recommend this hotel if you were getting a good deal but apart from that I thought it was really on a par with the Premier Inn up the road.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the airport if you want a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank makoshr
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

It is lovely to hear that we were able to create a lasting impression as well as provide a clean and comfortable experience before your early morning flight.

I though I would take the opportunity to clarify the Irish Breakfast, we offer a full breakfast option and as we are an Irish owned company it is known as an Irish breakfast as opposed to and English one, not the most interesting explanation I admit, but an explanation at least.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and trust that you had a good trip away.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The location was good but we had some problems when we requested for a taxi in the morning at 6 at check in. They said that the taxi is all booked and we have to walk to the airport. Then we went in to the room where there was no baby cot we requested at our booking although they provided it later on when we told them we already asked for cot when booking. The phone in the room wasn't working and we had to use our phone to call in reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to learn that you found your stay to be lacking on this occasion and for this I am truly sorry.

There are currently a number of road closures around the airport complex to allow for improvement works to be carried out. Due to this we have had to amend our bus schedule from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes to allow for the increased length of journey and traffic on the roads. Our early morning time slots are notoriously busy thus we have been advising that during these times, it would be quicker and easier for you to walk to the terminal you require. I apologise if this came across as something that we required you to do, as this really wasn't the case.

With regards to the lack of cot in your room on arrival, this was an oversight on our behalf and should have been there as requested. I trust it was sorted out in a timely fashion but once again feel the need to apologise for the lack of phone in your room. Although this does not change the experience that you had, from these comments we have been able to rectify the problem to ensure that this does not happen again.

I do hope that you would consider using Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future in order for us to try and improve on the impression that you have been left with. Should you wish to make a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotel.com

Valencia
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night due to the need to be at the airport extremely early. The welcome at reception was friendly and efficient and I found the room clean comfortable and well presented. I used the gym which is quite small and basic for a hotel of this size but was perfectly adequate when staying only for a short time. Room service was fast, efficient and very tasty and best of all; the bed was sooooo comfortable that I was extremely upset when the alarm went off to remind me I had a flight to catch!
Will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie C
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that we achieved everything for you that we strive to achieve on a daily basis, and it is lovely to hear that you would consider using us again should the need arise.

We look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Going down for breakfast on sunday morning we met the blonde room service lady she asked us did we want room service and we told her no, after returning from breakfast we discovered that money was missing, my boyfriend had money sitting one the left hand side of the bedside locker and when we returned we noticed the money had been moved to the right and that there was £40 missing, the tea and coffee cupboard had also been opened. We are both 100% certain that someone had been in our room and taken the money. We did not have time to mention it at reception since we had a bus waiting on us to take us to old trafford, but we mentioned it while checking out on monday morning and the staff were very apologetic. The hotel and the rest of the staff were lovely, just a pity some of sneaky staff can't be trusted.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I was very alarmed to read your comments regarding the alleged theft from you room and have investigated this fully on your behalf. We are able to produce a read from the electronic lock on each room that lets us see who has entered the room, the frequency and at what times. The report for the room we assigned to yourself shows it was only accessed via the key given on check in, no other keys entered the room during the time you were staying with us and therefore I am unable to comment as to how the money may have gone missing. I will say however, that we have an extremely trustworthy Team here at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, many of whom have been employed with us for a number of years, and with no other reported instances I have full confidence in all of them.

Should you wish to discuss this with me further, or indeed require a copy of the lock read report, please do not hesitate to contact me on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com

I am sorry that this has overshadowed your stay with us, but am glad that aside of the above you did have an enjoyable time. I hope you have not been deterred from using Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future and hope to be able to welcome you back.