“Wasn't impressed”

Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Wasn't impressed”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night prior to an early flight the following morning. Check in was fine but when we git to the room it was cold and smelt damp. We turned the heating up while we went for something to eat, however on our return late on the musty damp smell was horrendous to the extent it got on our throats leaving if difficult to sleep and feeling ill. The following morning we complained and was told we should have said the previous evening as we could of been moved. Due to us getting back to room late we didn't as didn't think it would be possible. The gentleman at reception did tell us though that it could of been the carpet that had been cleaned and was still damp!!! Why put people in damp rooms?? Afraid this has put us off staying again.

Stayed March 2014
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered during your visit.

I have investigated this with our Head Housekeeper and she has assured me that we would not be given any rooms to allocate to guests if they were known to be damp. We do continually clean our carpets but these rooms are never re-let until the carpet is completely dry and therefore it would be helpful to us to know the room number that you stayed in, so that we can investigate this further. I would ask that you contact me directly on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com with this information and I will continue to look into this on your behalf.

We aim to provide all of our guests with a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay and from your comments we did not achieve this; for that I am truly sorry. I would say however, that this is certainly not indicative of the standards that we aim for and therefore I am positive that should you choose to return to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, we will be able to change the impression that you have been left with.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

seemed like this hotel was not expecting to be busy, although you would think that airport hotels are. the reception, bar and restaurant seemed to be majorly understaffed. The staff made attempts to provide some service but the food was nothing special, the pasta overcooked and the chips undercooked. The room was however very comfortable and we slept well. Easy access and shuttle to and from the airport. Will only stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

I am disappointed that you appear to be less than over-awed with your experience but am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and a speedy and efficient shuttle over to the Terminals.

We are a very busy airport hotel and are careful to roster the required amount of staff on accordingly. I am sorry that you felt that this was lacking during your visit but without the exact dates of your stay I would be unable to comment on this further.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to try and better the impression that you have been left with and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Once again we stayed at Bewleys Hotel Manchester airport. The rooms are spotless with all you need for an overnight stay. The food was very good and all the staff were friendly and helpful. What more could you want?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly stay before your get-away and we look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The good: Overall, the room was equipped with everything you'd need for an overnight stay, the bathroom was clean, noise insulation with the windows shut is good, bed linen clean and pillows comfortable.
The bad: Awful stained carpets need replacing, communal corridors look dirty, lift was filthy, carpet in room and furniture was shabby and dusty. Room was freezing cold (air con heating takes a while to warm up). First impressions of this place are really quite bad. Don't even think about trying to walk from terminal 1, it's virtually impossible. Ring for the handy shuttle service. Wouldn't stay here again - it's cheaper than the Raddison but really feels grubby in places.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that on the whole you had a comfortable stay with us but was disappointed to see that the hotel wasn't perhaps to your liking and that your first impressions were not as we would have liked.

As you mentioned it can be quite difficult to walk across to the terminals even though they can bee seen from the main entrance; I am happy to see that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle bus service.

I am sorry to hear that we wouldn't be an option in the future, but should you change your mind we would be more than happy to welcome you back and I am confident we could improve on the impression that you have been left with.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 March 2014

After arriving at terminal 1 at 4.30 am for a flight to Goa, everyone was told there would be a 7 hour delay. Already exhausted from the cancellation from the previous day I checked nearby hotels on booking.com. Bewleys was reasonably priced so I walked a few hundred metres to the hotel. The guy on reception immediately told us there was no rooms, I showed him the website on my phone and he looked at me like I was a mass murderer. I informed him the room was only needed for about 5 hours and he gave me a day rate, breakfast was extra.
Apart from the creepy Lithuanian receptionist, the rest of my short stay was fine. The room was huge, beds were massive and extremely comfortable. The breakfast was in a nice looking room with plenty of choice and the food was great.
There was even a shuttle bus to the hotel.

I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent “short” stay on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion upon your arrival, I was disappointed to learn how this had been handled but glad that we were able to accommodate you in the end.

I have ensured that your comments have been passed on the Front Office Manager to ensure that further training and development takes place with all of the team to prevent this from happening again in the future. I do understand that this does not change the experience that you had however we are always grateful for open and honest reviews.

It is nice to hear however, that after this you went on to have an enjoyable stay and I do hope that your delayed flight went when it was supposed to and you went on to have a fabulous trip.

I would hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Bewleys Hotel Manchester airport on another date in the future.

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at other hotels at the airport, but prefer to stay at Bewley's each time I fly into Manchester. They are conveniently located at Manchester Airport and the shuttle service is very good and always friendly. Staff hospitality and service has been consistently good. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the restaurant food is very good. The only issues I have encountered were our room missing the kettle for tea during my last stay (staff provided a replacement after having a look around to see if it was misplaced) and the telephone in our room not working. Both issues were resolved in a timely manner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra B
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. Please accept my apologies for the issues with your room; however, it was great to hear that these were sorted out for you with minimal fuss.

I do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is perfect for spending the night before and even after a flight from /to Manchester Airport.
The hotel has a car parking facility at a very reasonable cost.
There is a very regular shuttle bus to the three terminals and after our last flight the bus arrived within 90 seconds of our call on the free phone at the terminal.
The staff are very friendly and the food, both in the restaurant and bar, is good.
Taking your car and spending the night at Bewleys Hotel avoids the rush of morning traffic or perhaps a missed flight because of delays on the motorway.

Room Tip: Do not have a room near the lifts as people are coming and going all through the night.