“Overnight stay for an early morning flight”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was very close to the airport and had an excellent shuttle bus service. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and modern. Overall, great value for money and a very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your short stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that we were able to offer you a clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay before your early morning flight and really do hope that we will be able to do so again in the future.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (5,368)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was our second stay at Bewleys. The hotel is clean and bright and there's a very short transfer to the airport. Reception staff were excellent and we were given our room quite quickly after arriving. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was OK, but the breakfast was first class. We had a room on the ground floor and, unfortunately, there was some train noise and noise from the staff car park. But that wasn't a major issue for a one night stay. Avoid room 18 if you can. We booked the hotel through APH and got a really good deal for the hotel and parking at APH.

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for finding the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you had a comfortable and efficient stay with us, and hope that you went on to enjoy a fabulous holiday.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having stayed at the Bewley for many trips and recommending it for stays to numerous friends and relatives, we again booked the hotel for an overnight stay on our return to the UK from abroad.

We had a late return fight, so after landing finally arrived at the hotel just before midnight. I enquired about a slightly later checkout (asking for 2pm) and was told in no uncertain terms that we would have too pay an extra £20.00 if we wanted to keep the room. I pointed out that we would only be in the room for roughly 12 hours but was again told we would have to pay and to contact reception in the morning.

The room we were given was very basic and dated. Very disappointed in the surroundings having stayed in better rooms previously.

On the plus side the shuttle service was good and the drivers were very helpful.

Having experienced a similar situation in another hotel, they were very obliging extending our stay for four hours at no extra cost!

Don't think we shall be staying or recommending the Bewley again.

3  Thank dc10093

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor; I am sorry that you did not feel that this stay was up to the standard of the other times that you have been here.

We do have a procedure in place for both early arrivals and late departures, which do incur a charge. Check in time for the hotel is from 14.00 and check out is by midday, all rooms are held all evening for our guest’s to check in to and our Reception team work 24 hours a day to facilitate this. I am sorry that you disappointed with the service that was provided and understand your frustration when different hotels operate different policies.

With regards to your rooms, I can only assume from your comments that you have stayed in our newer wing in the past and although I understand your reluctance, I would ask that you contact me directly, should you choose to give us another chance to improve on the impression that you have been left with, and I will personally ensure that one of these rooms is allocated in advance of your arrival.

I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and once again extend my apologies for your disappointment on this occasion.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I came to Manchester only for one day, to support Fulham FC on their away game at Etihad, Manchester. I spent two nights here, because had an early flight.
I was met by hotel's transfer at the airport.
Hotel is huge and quite confortable. Room is spacious and clean.
Sleep quality was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, and for reviewing your recent stay via Trip Advisor for your fellow traveller’s to see.

It is great to see that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay, I am sorry that the game didn't go quite the same way!!

We look forward to hopefully being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The receptionist that "greeted" us did not look as if she wanted to be there, took our name and handed the key over and said thats you, no enjoy your stay or pointing out different points in the hotel, not even a smile.
The room was clean and warm, although I think they over cleaned the couch as it was still damp when I left the next morning.
As you would expect a bit of noise being next to the airport I took some earplugs with me but that was not enough to drain out the noise of roadworks at 3am! I understand that this work needs to be done and also the hotel is probably aware of this but there was no mention of the work anywhere. I tried calling reception, the phone didn't work in the room. Had a look even the next morning and still no sign of being notified about this. On the way to check out I even heard some other guests complaining about the noise.
Checking out of the hotel you would expext to be asked "how was your stay" or "was everything ok". I handed the key over and again no smile she hit a few buttons on the computer and just "thats you" no goodbye, nothing! It was as if they again did not want to be there.
This is not the type of customer service you expect from anywhere never mind a hotel.
As you can tell I will not be back to the Bewleys!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for reviewing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest feedback that we can look at the business as a whole and see what areas are performing well and indeed, area’s where there is room for improvement.

I am unsure of the date of your exact stay but with regards to your comments regarding the roadwork noise, we were only made aware about the introduction of the night work on the days leading up to the weekend I know about. This was improvement works being carried out by Network Rail in and around the areas surrounding the hotel. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that this work caused but I am sure you will understand, this work, and any subsequent noise, was beyond our control and had been approved by Manchester City Council.

Having said that, I am extremely disappointed that you did not receive the level of Customer Service that should be received by any guest that walks in or out of the hotel. I have forwarded these comments onto our Front Office Manager to discuss with his team and although I completely understand that this cannot change the experience that you received, I would hope that that further training will prevent this from happening again in the future.

I am certain that, should you decide to choose Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future, we can change the impression that you have been left and provide you with a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay. Should you make a booking in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that all aspect of your stay are as they should be.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had an overnight stay here before holidaying in Cuba. Didn't fancy the drive to the airport in rush hour so thought I'd give it a go. The hotel is just over the road from Terminal One so ideal for parking as well, also had the opportunity to check in the night before so had breakfast and walked over straight through to departures, brilliant.
The hotel is nice, nothing special, rooms OK, evening meal was very good. Can't say a lot more really other than the drinks in the bar are extortionately priced ( £10.50 for a pint of Guinness and a white wine) but other than that will be using this place again next time round.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly stay before your get-away and we look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Another great start to our holiday. We checked our luggage in the day before our flight and then had a lovely relaxing evening in the hotel. The shuttle drivers are friendly,helpful and efficient. We hardly had to wait any time to be picked up after our holiday. Meals were good and reception staff also very good. Would strongly recommend and will be returning in June.

2  Thank elanmcc