“Disappointed”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'm writing this as I lie in bed in the hotel unable to sleep due to the constant beeping of a horn due to rail works outside our hotel and as I can here a lot of movement in rooms around us I am assuming others are having the same problems. The hotel itself is perfectly located to the airport and the rooms are clean and tidy although with all the amenities you wld require. I understand the council need to do this work but no mention anywhere about the noise. The hotel staff shld of advised and the rooms looking direct onto the tracks be closed. We have a long haul flight in the morning and so far we have been unable to sleep!!!

• Stayed April 2014
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

I am disappointed that we were not made aware of this issue on during the night in questions as I am sure we would have been able to assist in making your stay as comfortable as possible. Our Reception team is available 24 hours a day to ensure that all of our guests needs are met.

As you have mentioned there is indeed upgrade work being carried out in and around the airport complex. This has been granted by Manchester City Council and is therefore is unfortunately out of our control. I do understand that this work is inconveniencing all of the hotels in the vicinity at the moment but once completed will provide much improved transport links and facilities within the airport complex.

Please accept my apologies for the disruption that was caused during your stay, I do hope that you go on to have a fabulous holiday and am confident that should you choose Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future, the improvement works will have been completed and further disruption will be minimal.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Ilkley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

the hotel was ok as we only needed it t for an early flight. We did need parking for our car.
The car was taken to a "secure location" which must have been a muddy field as it was returned with thick mud all over the carpet and pedals. A written complaint produced no response.
Will not use Bewleys at Manchester again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of response to your complaint, myself and my colleague deal with all guest comments daily and I am now concerned that it has gone astray. Would you be so kind as to please contact me again with your details on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com

I do apologise, however, for the way you vehicle was returned to you. We have been dealing with a number of complaints similar to this and with less than impressive responses from the car parking company when this was raised with them, we have taken the decision to cancel our long-running contract with them and partner with a new company. We are very excited about this new partnership, and although our policy to take the cars off site will remain the same, we are convinced all of our guests will get a better service from this new company.

I am disappointed that your opinion of Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport has been tarnished by this issue as I am sure we would have been able to rectify this had a copy of your initial complaint been received.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,226 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night and found it very convenient. Good value, very close to the terminal. There is a shuttle bus but I walked as it was so close. The room was very clean and had everything you would need. Parking was £8 for the night. An all round good option for an airport hotel in Manchester.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank champkis
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to your review your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, efficient and vale for money stay. I do hope that should you require accommodation in and around Manchester Airport again you would consider choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Very good room. Very good breakfast. Very good shuttle service. Infact everything very good.I would definitely stay here again and look forward to a quiet overnight stay before our early morning flights. Irish breakfast is delicious, rooms are basic but nice and comfortable. Check in very fast, can't wait to stop again!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I am delighted to hear that you would consider staying with us again in the future and we look forward to the opportunity to be able to welcome you back.

Qawra, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Having stayed in Bewleys on many occasions in the past we had no hesitation in using them for an early morning start.
Check-in was slow but acceptable, and the room was OK, but nothing special, overlooking extension works to the adjacent railway station. Returning from the States we were used to huge double beds, but were surprised by the small double bed provided. I imagine a twin room would be a better choice for couples who need room to sleep.
As we were checking out at 0400 we turned in early, and listened to machinery working on the construction site until around 2200. When the plant stopped, the banging and clanking started somewhere in the building, probably below us, accompanied by inconsiderate guests laughing and stamping about outside our door (lesson no. 2 - avoid a room opposite the lift!!). This continued intermittently until 0345, when we got up, dressed and ready for out.
If you are confused by " lesson no.2 - in our case lesson no.1 will be to go back to our more usual hotel even nearer the airport..
Delivery service to the airport was excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid lift areas, avoid the railway side, think carefully before you book here.
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for the disturbance you experienced during the evening. It is disappointing that there are some guests that spoil the experience for others; we would always try and rectify this where possible if we are made aware that there is an issue.

I am certain we will be able to change the impression you have been left with but completely understand your reluctance to stay with us again. We do have a lot of rooms that are away from the lifts and overlook quiet areas of the complex, and I would be more than happy to allocate one of these in advance. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com should you wish me to do this for you.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because of early flight and fact that it offered free parking in with the one night stay. Reception staff really good and everything went smoothly. We eat in the restaurant, which was good, both food and staff. We were taken to airport departures next morning in mini-bus and given number to ring when we returned for pick-up. Rang number on our return and were picked up and taken back to hotel in less than 5 mins despite it being tea time-Excellent well done Bewleys, would stop again, but only thing that puts me off is that for longer stays your car is taken of site and brought back for your return. Mine is an older car and any damage would more than likely result in it being written off, ok if it's me but not someone else!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJLANDBERNIE
Dear Reviewer

I do hope you would consider staying with us again in the future and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Basic room, basic food, average service, but you get what you pay for. The early morning shuttle service is efficient, as is the check in. It's clean and comfortable but nothing special, if you don't crave luxury you'll be fine there.

Dear Reviewer

I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and efficient stay. I do hope that should you require accommodation in and around Manchester Airport again you would consider choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.