“A good experience - a nice relaxed start to our holiday”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“A good experience - a nice relaxed start to our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our flight was scheduled for 7.30am so we decided to stay overnight at the airport. The package we'd booked included an evening meal, no breakfast, but parking for the week we were away and transfers, even though the terminal was only 5 minutes away.. For around £140 that's got to be good value for two people. Everything worked perfectly for us. The room was fine and the evening meal good. There is also a big lounge to relax in before and after the meal. The transfers at both ends of our holiday also worked well. We wouldn't hesitate to use Bewleys again.

2 Thank Hugh W
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest communication that we can look at our business as a whole and see what we are doing well and where there is perhaps room for improvement.

I am glad that we were able to offer you a good value, clean, comfortable and efficient stay and really do hope that we will be able to do so again; continuing to build on the good impressions that you have been left with.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Arrived by train on 5 April for overnight stop. The phone downstairs to call for transport wasn't working but my wife spotted a driver from the hotel outside. Flagged him down and advised him that the phone wasn't working. He said quite abruptly that it wasn't anything to do with him or the hotel and to contact the station.

Checked in efficiently by friendly lady at reception and told her of my conversation with the driver. She wasn't impressed and said it was the hotels responsibility to report a phone that does stop working on occasions.

The rooms are comfortable and adequate for what we required. Bar area and restaurant friendly and food good.

Early pick up to the airport in the morning by another grumpy driver! This really does need to be sorted out. First impressions and all that? But overall OK.

2 Thank Tim G
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am glad that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We usually get such good comments about our drivers so I am disappointed to learn about the level of service that you received. I have forwarded your review onto our Transport and Car Parks Manager in order for him to take it up with his team. Customer Service is extremely important to us at Bewleys Hotels and honest comments like this are important examples to show our team members how first impressions really do count.

I do hope that you have not been deterred from using the hotel again in the future. We look forward to opportunity of being able to welcome you back and changing the impression that you have been left with.

Brigg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here with my family this year before a flight out from the airport. Had stayed with one son last year and had been extremely satisfied. This time the service was just as friendly and efficient and dealt very promptly with our requests for extra pillows. We also used the hotel car park service this time which was a very good service and seemed competitively priced also. If needed we will continue to use this hotel again prior to early morning flights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lt648
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review of your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I am delighted to hear that you would consider staying with us again and therefore look forward to the opportunity of being to welcome you back.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked a twin bedded room on line but upon arrival we were advised we had booked an assisted disabled room by the receptionist. I had a copy of my online receipt clearly showing that we were right. The receptionist ignored this information and assigned us room 471 which is an assisted disabled room situated next door to a maintenance room.

We go no sleep whatsoever as the maintenance equipment next door was running all night and kept us awake. We would have been better off saving our money and just waiting out the hours at the terminal instead.

We enjoyed our meal in the restaurant and the shuttle service seems to have improved. However, our main reason to book into this hotel was to get much needed sleep and this just wasn't possible.

Next time we will choose the CrownPlaza or the Radisson instead as they are both nice hotels and suitably located too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred H
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that the level of service that you received was not indicative of what we endeavour to provide on a daily basis.

Please accept my apologies for the disruption that you experienced during your last stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and it would appear that this was lacking on this occasion.

I have noted your comment regarding your room allocation, as with all hotels we have to have a number of rooms that are accessible to all guests and these are included in our twin bedroom stock. I understand that these extra facilities where not requested on your booking but these rooms are also used as a standard twin room and I apologise if areas of this proved uncomfortable for you.

I completely understand that our guests book Airport hotels in order to get a restful night either prior or after a flight. I can also see that on this occasion we did not achieve this and for this I am truly sorry.

I am confident that if you give us another chance then we would be able to improve the impression that you have been left with. Should you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com and I will personally assist with your booking and ensure that you are allocated a quiet room away from any machinery.

I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here before flying from Manchester airport for a long haul flight.

First impressions on the hotel, very clean, friendly staff and the room was big and nicely decorated, very easy check in.

We decided to eat in the bar area, the food was very basic but okay. Drinks were standard price for Hotels.

We had a peaceful nights sleep, and every thing was smooth with leaving the car keys with reception.

The only negative I have is with one of the shuttle bus drivers, don't get mw wrong there was nothing wrong with his driving abilities it was just his attitude towards us. We had the same driver taking us to the airport and picking us up. He was rude and not very friendly at all. Just a ' Hello, How are you?' would be fine but it was a grunt.

Over all hotel was lovely, just need to improve on customer service when it comes to the one Driver, unfortunately I didn't get his name.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle-4689

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My second stay at bewleys was even more straight forward than my first. Excellent easy parking, excellent reception staff, driver to the terminal was very efficient.
Will look forward to booking again. I did not eat in the restaurant but did twice on my first visit and the good was excellent. Disappointed that the hotel is full before my next holiday.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your booking before your next holiday but do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at a future date.

Banbridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just stayed 1 night to attend football match on Sunday.
All got off to great start being picked up from terminal brought to hotel. On return to train station the driver of the shuttle was was extremely arrogant and rude and stated we had to use the phone to book bus. Then we decided to have dinner in restaurant , I had white and black pudding for starter it was average but there was a 1'' x1' piece of plastic in it, the waitress just sort of ignored it when I pointed it out to her .

We had an early flight the next morning at 7am then back to work when we arrived home, unfortunately I've had to take the day off at my expensive because I didn't get one wink of sleep. We were given a room right next to the lift (203) and it did not stop all night, I'm sure people have complained about this before because it is so loud. Why did you give us this room??
Totally let down by this hotel and at £70 it isn't the cheapest option

Room Tip: do not stay in 203
2 Thank neilcomiskey
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor. I am now in receipt of an e-mail detailing these points also but am disappointed that you did not feel you could contact us first in order for us to assist with the issues that you faced. We are not in the business of leaving any guest dissatisfied and would have hoped that we could have gone someway to improving the impression that you have been left with.

Please accept my apologies for the way you were dealt with at the train station whilst waiting for the shuttle bus. We usually receive very good comments about all of our drivers and I am truly sorry that you were not able to see this for yourself. We do operate a phone booking service as the buses we operate are only 8 seaters but that said this should have been explained to you in a professional manner.

With regards to the issue at dinner, although this cannot change what happened I have passed these details on to our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. I am alarmed that this was not dealt with at the time it arose. I am certain that had this been bought to the Manager on Duty in the Restaurant at the time then this issue could have been rectified before you left the Brasserie. As there are no details as this whether this happened or not, I feel unable to comment any further.

I am sure you are aware that as a busy airport hotel we have guests checking in and out at all times of the day and night, having said this though we aim to offer a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and I am sorry that you were disturbed during your stay.

I am confident that the level of service you received on your last visit was not indicative of what we endeavour to provide and therefore should you choose to use Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to assist with your booking.