“Another good stay at the Bewleys”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Birmingham
“Another good stay at the Bewleys”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the Bewleys for a night before an early morning flight. Check in was quick & efficient & we was given a room on the first floor (141). Bar prices are what you would expect in an airport hotel. We checked our bags in the night before at T2 & the shuttle driver couldn't have been more helpful. Check out in the morning was, again, quick & efficient & we jumped straight onto a shuttle bus. Overall another pleasant stay at the Bewleys!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review of your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your continued loyalty.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again, so we can continue to build on the good impressions you already have.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
1planetjumper1
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although I only stayed one night, for the price I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the room and the premises in general.
The staff were friendly and helpful in answering my questions and assisting with other services that I needed. The restaurant served and excellent steak and the service there was good too!
If I was to return, I would stay here again.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience.

All of the team members try so hard to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable and hassle free stay therefore is fantastic to receive reviews like this one. I will personally make sure that it is passed around the team so they can see just how important their roles are.

I am glad that you would consider using us again if the need arises. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your booking.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Bewleys at Manchester Airport is very predictable. It has nice rooms, good food, good and friendly service, gets you to the terminal on time, keeps your car safe and has it ready for you when you get back. We have used it two years running so don't think this is a fluke. It is also good value. Its only disadvantage (as with all Manchester Airport hotels) is finding it. If in doubt, use your satnav or phone app.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

It is lovely to hear that we have been able to provide you with a consistent stress free experience and hope that we can do so again in the future.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We last stayed here 8 years ago,and it doesn't seem to have altered much.

The only reason we chose Bewleys was because it was the cheapest of all the airport hotels for a last minute booking.We paid £70 room only.

Our room was in the newer block,this is a bit of a trek from reception.No problems with the room everything worked and was clean.They don't do early morning alarm calls,you have to set your own alarm clock in the room.

Can't comment on the restaurant/bar,as we got the train into Manchester and had a night out there.

We didn't bother with the shuttle transfer,we walked across to Terminal 1 in just a few minutes.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Reviewer

I do hope you would consider staying with us again and therefore look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Donaghadee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at the Bewleys Manchester Airport the night before our flight to Cape Verde and again on the night of our return. Pickup from the terminal to the hotel was organised by a quick call to the hotel check in was quick and our transport to the terminal the following booked at the same time. The room was spacious and beds comfortable surprisingly for an airport there was little noise either in or outside the hotel. All the staff we came into contact with were great. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel the cost compared to its competitors is also an added advantage.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review for Trip Advisor.

I was great to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, efficient and friendly stay and I am glad that you would recommend our facilities to others.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again at a future date.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Altought the hotel is good located and as all amenities, the staff is really unpleasant.

will not stay again at this hotel. staff should have serious trainning how to be polite, to smile to the costumer.

applies to restaurant and reception

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marcelopt77
GuestRelationBewleys, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay but was disappointed to learn about your lasting impression of our service.

Customer Service is very important to us all at the hotel and the ongoing training and development of the team is paramount to our success. Your comments have been passed on to each of the Heads of Departments to be fed back to all their team members as it is important for them to see that first impressions really do mean everything.

I would hope that you would consider choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future, in order for us to go some way towards showing you that the service you received was not indicative of that which we strive to provide on a daily basis. We do get a lot of lovely comments about our team members and am confident that we can change the impression that you have been left with. If you would like any assistance with your future booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to help.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I left my car at Bewleys on 21st April for 7 nights whilst I travelled to Morocco. Because my inbound flight was after midnight, I opted to stay 28th so that I could drive home fresh on 29th. By the time I collected my bag it was 1.10am. I located the courtesy phone and rang Bewleys. Not only did it take a long time for the phone to be answered, but I was greeted by a surly off hand individual who asked me how many in my party (1) told me to go to Bus Stop D and I would be collected in ten minutes.
50 minutes later (bearing in mind the hotel knew I was a lone female traveller) the courtesy bus still had not arrived. After nearly an hour, it did arrive and then went to another terminal to collect a larger group.
It was quite obvious that I was made to wait until other flights had come in. Park, go and stay is not cheap and the hotel is almost directly opposite the terminal. It is unacceptable that anyone should have to wait in the early hours in the morning and when travelling alone. I mentioned to the driver that I was not happy and as a result he made me wait until everybody else's luggage had been taken off the bus before getting mine.
I normally stay at the Crown Plaza but opted to try Bewleys for a change. I won't be doing that again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Yogakoolkat
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am disappointed that your stay was not up to the standard that we strive to achieve on a daily basis and for this I am truly sorry.

I understand from your review that you spoke briefly with the driver about the service provided, I would be interested to know if you spoke the Manager on Duty either as you were checking in or when you were leaving as I am confident that even though we could not change what had happened we would have been able to go some way towards restoring your faith in the hotel. There is a Manager available on duty 24 hours per day.

We operate 2 shuttle buses throughout the evening to ensure that all of our guests are picked up in a timely fashion, it is not the policy to wait for a number of guests to be waiting before the buses come out to make the collections as each request is dealt with individually. I can only assume there was a communication error on this occasion hence the delay in the bus getting to you. Please accept my apologies if this was the case, I understand completely how frustrating it must have been.

I would hope that if you choose Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future we would be able to change the impression that you have been left with as this certainly not indicative of the levels of service we aim to provide. Should you wish to make a future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com and I will be only too happy to assist with this.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!