“Not even close”

Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Columbia, SC
“Not even close”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was taken in by all the good reviews. The place is very difficult to find from the airport and a bit of a walk if you have heavy luggage, but they do have a convenient shuttle. It looks nice enough from the outside, but once you get beyond the reception desk it goes down hill quickly. The halls are dingy, most of the hotel smells of smoke, the carpets in the room are nasty, the bed was not comfy, they don't even offer wake-up calls. It wasn't even that cheep. Avoid this one if you can.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank laetulos
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am sorry to hear that the hotel wasn’t to your liking but completely understand that everyone’s tastes are different.

I was concerned to hear about the smell of smoke in the building as the hotel is completely non smoking? We have an area at the front of the hotel for anyone wishing to smoke to go out to, but this is at the front of Reception and away from the doors, nowhere near to the bedrooms or other public areas.

With regards to the wake up calls, all of the bedrooms are equipped with alarm clocks and instructions if required; our Reception Team are available 24 hours per day and will happily assist with setting these. As we are a busy Airport hotel, we are unable to take the responsibility of missing a wakeup call in error, or indeed a system failure hence the decision to implement the alarm clocks which are checked on a daily basis to ensure good working order.

Once again I am sorry that you were disappointed in you stay with us. If the need ever arises again then we would be happy to welcome you back and I am confident that we would be able to go some way towards changing the impression you have been left with.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a park and fly again 5th one now, super service, fast and efficient , no waiting or delays, great food and drinks at good prices I asked for a ground floor room near reception and that's just what I got 2 double beds for the price of 2 singles, only 4 miles on the car clock they use a park close by, will be back again in 2 months

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review of your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I have looked at your other reviews also and am delighted to see that we are still ticking the right boxes for you.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your continued loyalty.

I see we will be welcoming you back again in a couple of months, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can be of assistance with.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were lovely and the room/ bathroom was spotless. The downsides are the quality of the main meals for the price you pay (avoid the 'bolognaise' at all costs), as well as the fact we didn't sleep a wink because of a gush of water falling from a faulty waste pipe all night outside our bedroom window onto the hard roof below. It was extremely loud even with the window closed. That said you can't complain too much about the price given it's location. Average all over.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am obviously pleased that you were impressed with our team and our rooms however I was sorry to hear that you were not overwhelmed by the food you received. I have ensured that these comments have been passed to both the Food and Beverage Manager and the Head Chef who use comments like this to better the offering that we provide throughout the food outlets.

With regards to your sleepless night, I am so sorry you were disturbed by the noise outside. I am unsure from your comments if you reported this issue to the Reception Team on departure and would be interested to find out the room number you stayed in so that I can check that this issue has been resolved. I do understand that this does not change the stay over you had, but I would like to ensure it can be prevented for future guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com

I do hope this has not deterred you from choosing the hotel again in the future. I am confident that we can improve on the average impression that you have been left with and hope we are given the opportunity to try.

Hollesley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We chose Bewleys based on the fact that there was a shuttle service to and from the airport and for an extra £20 charge you can check in as early as you like. We flew in and arrived around 9 am, the courtesy phone for the shuttle request was answered promptly, politely and efficiently and we were picked up within 5 minutes. The bus driver was very pleasant and helpful, check in was equally friendly, efficient and straightforward. Our room was clean and quiet and perfectly fine. We were attending a family function all day and during the evening and left at 7 am the next morning for our return flight. It was such a nice morning and the airport terminal is so close, we chose to walk rather than take the bus and it was good to have that option. Happy to recommend Bewleys as a very reasonably priced airport hotel. Only issue we had was that the pillows were very fat man made fibre which refused to be beaten into submission, we ditched them onto the floor in the end rather than end up with a stiff neck!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you had a fuss free stay that went according to plan.

I cannot tell from your review when you stayed but we have listened to the comments about the pillows in the bedrooms and this week have taken delivery of brand new pillows that are being rolled out into all of the rooms; I do hope you will be able to experience these on a future stay when we can welcome you back for another convenient, friendly and quiet stay.

Isle of Man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great location being a 5 minute walk for all terminals, although I believe there is a free shuttle bus if you dont want to do the walk.

Check in was a breeze and we got the high floor room we requested.

Rooms are fairly basic as you would expect but they were absolutely fine and there was no outside noise so a good night sleep was had.

Restaurant/Bar was great, super quick service and reasonably priced.

All in all, it did the job of being a convenient airport hotel!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again, so we can continue to build on the good impressions we have already made.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here recently before flying out on holiday.
The hotel is in a great location especially as we were flying from terminal 1 which is only a 5 minute walk away.
We had booked a package for 8 days parking, an overnight stay and a 3 course meal.
When checking in the lady on reception kindly informed us if we ate before 7pm our little one could eat for free, so we booked a table and headed off up to the room.
The rooms are nice and big, they are clean and modern and have everything you need, my son was really impressed as he got his own double bed and not the usual fold up bed you get!
The food in the restaurant was really nice. For starters we had prawn cocktail and bury black and white pudding. Mains were steak and pepper sauce and pork steak and BBQ ribs. For dessert my wife had date and toffee pudding and I asked if I could pay extra and have the cheese board as it was not on the set menu.
All the food was really tasty and everyone enjoyed it.
This is the bit where people might think I'm been a bit fussy but little things let it down.
When we had our mains no one brought any more cutlery and as it had been taken after our starters we didn't have any. We tried to get someone's attention but as they were busy we ended up taking it off the next table so we could eat. Also my main came with coleslaw, it came in a paper pot on the plate and was wet and soggy. Finally when the bill came it was wrong which meant another long wait while we got it sorted.
It was a real shame about these few things as if it had not been for this everything would have been excellent!
This has not put us off staying here again as I would still rate it as very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your very informative review on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest feedback that we can evaluate our business as a whole and see what we are doing well or indeed where there is room for some improvement.

I am glad that on the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us but slightly disappointed that there were areas that perhaps lacked attention to detail. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager for him to use with his team. First impressions are extremely important and feedback like this helps us to give real life examples as to how a stay is impacted if the little things are overlooked.

I am glad to hear that you have not been deterred from staying with us again, and therefore if the need arises we look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel the night before an early flight to Spain. It is very good value for money with very clean rooms and more than friendly staff. The transfer to the Terminal in the early morning was on time with an efficient and friendly driver. We were checked in by Alison who was a very helpful Receptionist and should be commended on the was she treated us. We also took advantage of the FREE Safety Deposit Box, which was bonus. The bar was clean and well maintained and the bar staff were polite, helpful with first rate service. The meals were good value for money and of a high standard. Would not stay at any other Manchester Airport Hotel.
We have already rebooked for June.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of the same high standard.