“Brilliant start to our holiday!”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant start to our holiday!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport the night before our flight to go on holiday. We found the complimentary shuttle bus service very efficient. The staff at check-in were very friendly and informative. Our room was nice and spacious and the beds were comfy. We had a television and tea and coffee making facilities which made our stay cosy and relaxing. The bathroom was clean. We had a snack in the bar which was great although a bit over priced. It was a brilliant start to our holiday and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors would probably be less noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport and for writing an honest review for Trip Advisor.

I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and convenient stay and hope that if the need arises we will be able to do so again in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kadina, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had to catch a very early flight so booked into this hotel. £100 for a room with no working kettle, no toiletries, poor quality thin small towels and no redeeming features. Climbing into a bath to have a shower is dangerous and should be banned in all hotels..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank junegregg
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest feedback that, as a business, we can look at the product and service as a whole and consider ways in which to move forward if required.

I am sorry that you experienced a variety of issues during your stay. There is always a member of our Reception Team available 24 hours a day and I am confident if these issues had been raised with them then we could have helped to make your stay more comfortable. I apologise that the kettle was not working on your arrival and that this fact had been missed in the extensive checks that take place, however, this could have been changed very easily for a working one. With regards to toiletries, we do offer a shampoo/shower gel in the bath area and hand soap next to the sink.

I completely understand that we cannot be everyone’s preferred hotel when travelling out of Manchester Airport but should the need ever arise for you to consider us again please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to help with your booking.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We had high hopes for this hotel having heard they had a great reputation. So we were let down on arrival with a 30 minute check in queue. Apparently they were having system issues. The hotel is very busy so you need to be prepared for lots of people everywhere. The bar lounge was fine but it took a while for the staff to clean the table. Again because they are so busy there. The evening meal was average. The staff are friendly but one of our meals (veggie pasta!) was cold when served so we were not impressed by that. But they did refund us the cost of that meal. Rooms are fine and comfortable. We are using their car parking service and that seems to be ok. All in all we will stay at the PremierInn next time as this was a let down and not good value for such a short stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Northernjon
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Please accept my apologies for the technical issues that you experienced on check in, these happen occasionally and a frustrating for the team and guests alike. I am sure you understand that, as a busy Airport hotel, there can often be a short wait to check in with Reception, coupled with the lack of a working system that controls everything from a guest’s reservation to the allocation of a clean and vacant room this wait will undoubtedly be longer to ensure that manual errors are not made. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

I was disappointed to read about your experience in the Brasserie Restaurant however am pleased that the team on duty were able to rectify this swiftly for you. Having said this though, your experience was not indicative of the levels of quality and service we aim to provide and for this I am truly sorry.

I do know that we cannot be everyone’s preferred hotel when travelling out of Manchester Airport but should the need ever arise for you to consider us again please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to help with your booking.

Lancaster
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here night before I flew from the airport. The shuttle bus was excellent and the staff so helpful. Room and food good. Will definitely stay again very handy for all terminals I did not use the Parking facility as travelled by train but excellent service being picked up

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this was our second stay at this airport hotel 'we had a meal in the evening which was nice and not a bad price.The room was clean and cosy excellent nights sleep we had breakfast which was 5* what more can you say?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hollyda
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind and honest review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

I do hope you would consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Halifax
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A well situated hotel for an early flight within a 5 minute walk to Terminal 1 though a shuttle bus was available if pre booked at reception, staff very helpful and a speedy check in. Room spacious and well appointed, my only gripe was that several times during the night my sleep was disturbed by other guests slamming doors and whilst the point of being near an airport is to accommodate people at any time feel there should be signs asking to keep the noise level down. I should have started my day fresh instead I was tired and that's not what I had intended. If not had disturbed sleep would have given this hotel 4/5 rather than 3/5 next time I will spend the £80 paid on a taxi rather than a hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport and for reviewing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you found the hotel’s situation convenient and that your initial impression was favourable but was disappointed to hear that your sleep had been disturbed by internal noise. As I am sure you understand, as a busy Airport hotel we do have guests arriving and departing at all times throughout the day and night hence a reason for the doors slamming. The doors are extremely heavy as per the fire safety laws and can be quite cumbersome when negotiating them with luggage and I am sorry for the disruption this caused you.

If you do consider using the hotel again in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me directly I will endeavour to get you as quiet a room as possible. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back at some point.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for one night before an early morning flight to New York. Ideally situated for terminal 3 and car rental village.Included in the price ( very reasonable), was a 3 course meal which was above our expectations. Room was very comfortable and clean and very quiet bearing in mind its location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!