“Good airport hotel”

Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Arkadelphia AR USA
“Good airport hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent three nights at Bewley's prior to an early morning departure flight. The check-in staff was friendly, courteous and made no mention of the outrageous 20 pound early check-in fee that I have encountered in the past even though we arrived prior to 2:00pm. Bewley's is located within easy walking distance of terminals 1 and 3. The free shuttle, for those who prefer to ride, is very prompt and efficient and provides service to all three terminals and the railroad station. I always find Brian to be especially nice. My only complaint is that we were assigned to a handicapped room that, while I am sure is well designed for those in need of it, had a bathroom that was very inconvenient to use.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport for another stay; we are truly grateful for your loyalty.

Whilst I am happy that you were given instant access to you room, Please accept my apologies for your room allocation. As I can see you are aware, we have a number rooms in our bedroom stock that are accessible for all guests, and whilst all of the facilities in the room are exactly the same there are, of course, additions to help the less able. I do however; understand that certain features may not be convenient for everybody.

I do hope that this has not deterred you from using the hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next stay and I will personally ensure your room allocation for you.

I look forward to hearing from you again in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sheffield
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We used this as a pre-early-flight convenience. The public areas, bar restaurant and reception areas are acceptable, modern-bland. The service in the restaurant was friendly and efficient, the food was as you would expect in an airport hotel.

Where the standard slipped though was in the quality of the bed. There is only one real imperative in an overnight hotel: the quality of sleep possible. The mattress on our bed was just not up to the job. Twangy and saggy, there was no support and sleep consequently suffered. Premier Inn next time for me for a reliable, basic room with a good quality guaranteed sleep.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your recent review of Trip Advisor.

I was concerned by your comments regarding the quality of your bed, we usually receive very good comments in relation to this and therefore please accept my apologies that this was not so for your stay. Our beds are checked regularly and the mattresses turned also to even the wear and tear, therefore I would be interested in, hopefully, getting a little more information from so that we can investigate this fully.

Please can I ask that you contact me via gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com with the room number that you stayed in so that I can pass this on to our Housekeeping team.

I am so sorry that you did not get the comfortable stay that we aim to provide but am confident that, should you choose Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again, we can go some way towards changing the impression that you have been left with.

I hope to hear from you soon.

UK
Reviewed 4 June 2014

One of the great advantages of Bewleys is that you can take the train to Manchester airport , come out of the station and catch the shuttle bus. Next morning, it's an easy shuttle right to the terminal and on the return an easy moving walkway back to the railway station and home !!!!

We have stayed here twice and never had the chance to take breakfast, but we have had dinner in the restaurant and that's very good.

The rooms are large with views over the entrance or the railway lines or over to the terminals.

Clean linens and comfortable beds, very good shower (over the bath), sofa and small table. Flat screen TV.

We stayed in the tower block, and there are a couple of things that annoy us. The fan in the bathroom runs continuously, I mentioned this to reception and they said that this was to stop the build up of condensation and mould on the walls. Only way to lessen the noise was to keep the door shut.

Our holiday hotel in Croatia had a bathroom fan which switched off when the light switched off, why could Bewleys not incorporate this in to their bathrooms when this new block was built ?

Also, our room was very hot and had NO air conditioning (this is in the new block). Leaving the window open was not an option (there's a main road below), so we had an uncomfortable night.

Two points to consider when making a booking .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experiences at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

As you mentioned in your review, our bathroom fans are were built in to run continuously thus preventing condensation build up. As you also kindly mentioned, these are considerably quieter once the bathroom door has been closed after use.

Also, we only have designated Air Conditioning in some of our rooms at present. We are more than happy to receive requests for these rooms prior to arrival and will do our utmost to accommodate these requests.

I do hope these points have not deterred you from using the hotel again in the future. If you need any assistance with your future booking or indeed would like me to look at any specific room requests then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we stayed at bewleys before our early morning flight to Ibiza.when we returned last Saturday 31st May to collect our 3 cars only one was available.after some discussion reception said they were on there way.we were given a free drink while we waited but it was a further 40 minutes before they arrived.we were promised a phone call on Monday from the transport manager to apologise but are still waiting.we have used bewleys before and never had this trouble.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your continued loyalty to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport and please accept my apologies for the unfortunate circumstances that arose with the collection of your cars.

This was due to an occurrence that I have not experienced before; the M56 experienced a major issue requiring it to be closed, with all traffic being diverted through the Airport and surrounding areas. Our car parking partner Peter Ashley Car Parking were only aware of this when they were caught in the traffic and return times were drastically lengthened. As a contingency, extra drivers were called in to assist however, these were then also caught up in the chaos of the M56. I am unsure if this was explained to you at the time and apologise if it was not. I have contacted Peter Ashley Car Parking upon seeing your review and your comments regarding having not been contacted. They have received no complaint form for that day and therefore were unaware that you were awaiting a call.

Please accept my sincere apologies if there has been a misunderstanding and we have mislaid this form. I would ask that you e-mail your details to me at gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com and I will forward them onto the car parking company who will be in touch once they receive them.

I do hope you understand that this incident was beyond our control and hope that you have not been deterred from using the hotel again in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Halifax
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was the start of an eight week holiday flying to Australia and sailing back,and we were not disappointed.The staff were very welcoming and efficient.We booked in at 2pm..and were promptlyer given access to our room,which was all we expected.It was beautiful and clean and our bed was very comfortable.We had been picked up at the train terminal by the complimentary bus.The food was of good quality and reasonably priced.The following morning we had an early morning call and had a buffet breakfast before being picked up by the complimentary bus and transported to the airport terminal.We will definitely use this hotel again jf we fly from Manchester

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to pen your great review for your fellow travelers to see.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable and friendly stay that allowed your amazing holiday to get off to the relaxing start it deserved.

Should you require any assistance when making your future booking then please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It made sense to use the hotel for a night before an early flight as it's close to the terminals and offers very cheap parking, compared to the official airport short/medium stay. There is a 24-hour shuttle to terminals 3,2, and 1 (in that order, I think) leaving every 15 minutes and this service is not only invuable but really well organised with very helpful drivers.

There's not much to say about the hotel. It's a block-hole 3-star airport hotel - rooms quite basic - no potions or lotions in the bathroom (pump-action shower gel etc) but clean and comfortable beds. Importatly, no noise from the airport or roads. I had a twin room with plenty of space, good TV, desk and a small sofa. This is the kind of hotel you happily spend a night but wouldn't want a week.

Due to my early departure I didn't venture into the restaurant - but it was quite large, which is always a good sign. There's a gym but again, not used by me. The staff were helpful and on the way back I walked from Terminal 3 to the hotel in less than 10 minutes. There are other on-airport hotels, notably a Hilton, Crowne Plaza and Radisson Blu. This was 15% cheaper for the room and had lower cost car-parking. This felt like about the right price-point for the type of place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Review

Thank you so much for you honest and positive review of Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. It would seem that we have achieved all the things that we set out to do on daily basis and have provided a clean, comfortable and friendly overnight stay at a reasonable price.

I do hope that if the need arises you would consider using the hotel again in the future as we would look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

2nd time we have stayed here . Good hotel when you have an early start . Clean room nice and quite . Very efficient check in and nice staff on the desk . We had a very nice evening meal . We had to leave early but there was still a buffet breakfast . They can provide a free shullt bus to the terminal , we decided to walk to get a little exercise before the flight . We will be back .

Room Tip: room as high as possible are quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review of your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

We look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back and continuing to build of the good impressions that you have been left with.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#58 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!