“Convenient”

Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Cumbria England
“Convenient”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

You can easily walk from the train station; in fact some rooms overlook the platform. Wonderful for a lad like me, trains and planes in one go. Reminds me of a song....... The shuttle bus from/to the hotel is better and goes to all air terminals too, just ring up and they are there. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but rather hot. No effective air con and the duvet was far too thick for a room of that type. It was not really possible to open the window because of the airport noise and we had to remove the duvet from its cover and sleep under that. Layers in the form of blankets would have been better as then it would be adaptable for all customers.. Only one suitcase stand though, strange as we booked a double room which usually means two cases. As usual I’m expected to grovel on the floor for my stuff. Just how I used to treat Harry in the old days. The room was reasonable value though we’ve had better. The restaurant was busy and noisy on both the occasions we stopped on this trip – large groups already thinking they are abroad on holiday. The staff however were pretty decent and kept us away from them. The menu choice was a bit odd though. Tried to be a bit too pretentious if you ask me after all it’s not the Hilton thats over the road

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your brilliantly informative review on your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, as with all reviews it is greatly appreciated.

It was lovely to hear that, on the whole, you had an enjoyable stay with us. As you mentioned, not all of our rooms, at present, have air conditioning. If it would make any future stays more comfortable then we are more than happy to allocate these in advance, please feel free to make this request at the time of booking.

It was nice to read that our Food & Beverage team members were able to assist in making your dining experience as stress free as possible. As I am sure you understand, we are a very busy Airport hotel with guests passing in and out of the building at all hours of the day going to and getting back from the trips and holidays. This can of course create a degree of hustle and bustle, however, having said that we would hope that we have enough areas within the hotel to provide a touch of quiet also.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future when we can continue to build on the already good impression you have been left with.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stopped here for the second time for a night before we set off on our jollys and last year I wrote a really good review about it hence why we booked again but unfortunately it didn't live up to our expectations this time. The room was very basic and looked out on to a bin area that had rodents sniffing round all day and night, very disappointed to say the least to say we paid 100 pounds including breakfast which was poor also, it could only be described as plastic and cold. Will not be returning again. I'll try somewhere else next year. Pictures to follow.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor. All comments, both positive and negative, are important to us, as they help us to see out business through the eyes of our valued guests.

I am sorry that your expectations were not met on this occasion. We aim to provide consistently high standards of product and service and on this occasion we do not seem to have met your preference. With 365 bedrooms in the hotel, there are various aspects to look out on and we are more than happy to allocate quieter rooms or rooms with a view of the runway prior to arrival. Our Reception Team are available 24 hours per day and are on hand to deal with any guest request’s including room moves if required.

Please accept my apologies for the squirrel you spotted. The Airport complex is home for a number of squirrels and rabbits and both ourselves and the complex management operate a number of procedures to keep these at bay as much as possible.

I do understand that travelling in the height of the holiday season can prove more expensive than at other times of the year. Please be assured that we do everything we can to keep our prices down and in line with the other hotels within the Airport. I am disappointed that you will be trying somewhere different on your next visit but should you wish to book with us again then I will be happy to handle your reservation and am confident that we can change the impression that you have been left with on this occasion.

Lake District UK
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our holiday. The staff are very friendly and helpful particularly the check in at reception very slick, and efficent and eager to get you the room you would like.

The rooms are big for two and have all amenities needed apart from two luggage racks which no hotel seem to provide,...... two people , two suitcases equals two luggage racks !!!

We ate at the restaurant . The choice for us was limited and a bit odd. Gammon with onions and red chutney ???. The chips were good but I am not sure if they are "real" or re constituted potato smash" If you did not want chips there was no baked or boiled potato option. So we settled for gammon and chips without the chutney and onions.!!! The service was good and we were seated away from some very noisy parties. The food was hot and well cooked.
Yes, we will stay there again when we travel from Manchester.....if the price is right !!

Room Tip: on a high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that, on the whole, we were able to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly experience.

With regards to the food in the Restaurant, I have passed these comments on to the Head Chef who will in turn use them to review and better the menu offering that we provide.

It is always lovely to hear that we have made a good enough impression for our guests to want to return again. If you need any assistance with your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me via gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com as we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Bridlington.UK
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived at manchester airport by train, luggage checked in at airport sundown drop of, so decided to walk to bewleys..we could see it , however if you try and walk directions are not good, there is a free bus I would suggest you use it.
Check in was fast and efficient and the room lovely with comfy bed.
The restaurant food is delicious , and they have meal deals .
Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind and honest review on Trip Advisor. We take all comments, both positive and negative, extremely seriously as these are what help us to shape our business.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a hassle free experience, and happy to see that you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service that we operate 24 hours a day. It is possible to walk around the Airport complex, but as you have rightly pointed out, it can be quite a challenging journey.

It is always lovely to hear that we have made a good enough impression for our guests to want to return again. If you need any assistance with your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me via gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Suburban Chicago
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for one evening in room 248. Firstly, I could hear nearly every train coming in and out of the station as the room was directly across where the trains come out into the open. This was likely because the windows were thin and had enough gap to let noise in. A better window would probably solve this. The room is comfortable with a sofa, table, desk and chairs, but are starting to look a bit worn in. The wifi access in the room was definitely acceptable. Dinner downstairs in the lounge was a bit chaotic. No organization at the counter where you order food and drink. The tables were nearly full and I did not see numbers to tell the staff where you were sitting. The woman who took my order just followed me until I found an empty chair. Some better restaurant management here would go a long way. Solo travelers have a difficult time saving a table, then ordering food at the counter. For a shuttle to the terminals, you are also asked to book a time when checking in. As I was not yet prepared for this, I called later to the front desk. The next morning, it seemed that this did not matter as there was a line of people out front and the vans seemed to just take whoever was next. Better organization and communication by the staff would help here also.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for an odd numbered room as they seem to be on the opposite away from the train station.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest communication that we can see our business through the eyes of our guests and move it forward where necessary.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise during your stay with us. As I am sure you are aware, based on the Airport complex there is always going to be certain degree of external noise, having said that though, I was concerned by your description of the window in your room and have passed these comments on to our Maintenance Manage to get this looked at. Should you be making another booking in the future, perhaps the rooms on the newer wing of the building would be more suitable as these can be quieter and have been refurbished more recently.

With regards to the Bar, we do not have table numbers however the Team Members are very good at remembering where food needs to be taken through and communicating this to their colleagues. As you saw, the Bar does get very busy with holidaymakers but please rest assured that our Team Members are on hand to assist with finding tables for our guests during peak times.

At Reception, we take the booking for our complimentary shuttle bus service so that we can make sure that we have enough coaches for everyone that needs to get across to the Terminals at any given time. As we know how many people require seats, we are confident that even if the coaches do not arrive all together, we can get every person to where they need to be within their given time slot. I am sorry that there are people that do not conform to the etiquette of a queuing system and therefore spoil it for those around them. We have Team Members available on Reception 24 hours per day and I would have hoped that they would have intervened had they been made aware of the situation.

I do hope that you have not been deterred from choosing Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future. If I can be of any assistance with your next booking then please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to help.

south yorkshire
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently before our holiday to Florida and it was just what we needed. It was very close to Manchester airport and the hotel provides regular shuttle buses to all terminals. The check in was quick and simple and the staff were so friendly and helpful. If you are leaving your car for the duration of your holiday then you hang on to your keys until the day of departure and then complete the simple paperwork and give them your keys. They do advise you that they will park your car off site but will travel no more than 5 miles.
The room we had was spacious with 2 double beds and all usual additions, it was also lovely and clean. We ate in the bar which was very busy, the beer was nice and the 2 burgers we had were very tasty.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to book a park and stay option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience for your fellow travelers to see on Trip Advisor.

It is lovely to hear that we were able to offer you a clean, comfortable and easy experience, and that you had enough time to use many of the facilities that we provide.

I trust that you went on to have a fabulous time in Florida and hope that you will consider using us again in the future. We look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I encountered two problems in what should have been a flawless stay.
The first is that when the receptionist was informed that my purpose was to check in and drop my bags with the parking facilities not required as my vehicle will be left outside my son’s house. His response is that only the room had been booked and that parking was £2 per hour. After virtually being accused of being economical with the truth the receptionist gave me a ticked to leave the car park.
The second problem concerns the roll in shower or wet room. My original order included a roll in shower but this was ignored by the receptionist until reminded when he had to re-allocate to a proper room. A roll in shower is supposed to be spacious enough to accommodate a wheelchair or a person with spinal problems who has limited movement. This roll in shower was the size of a standard shower with the glass splashboards removed woefully inadequate. Should one loose balance and veer to the right one could end up with putting a leg in the toilet pan. It is about time Architects have to take a compulsory disability, awareness programme as part of their training. Let them wrap cling film round both their legs to fasten them together to simulate disability and then let them use the shower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience. It is only through open and honest communication that we can look at our business, as a whole, through the eyes of our guests.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our roll in shower, these have been designed to specified standards however, once the schedule for our refurbishment has been released I will ensure that your comments are passed on for the situation to be looked at again. We have never received a comment of this nature before, therefore, this is invaluable to us and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please accept my apologies for the vigorous nature in which Reception dealt with your car. I have mentioned this to the Front Office Manager and he will speak with his team. We get so many people, spoiling it for others, by trying not to pay for parking at all that they can be over-zealous at times. I understand how frustrating this can be when you have been sincere about your reason for being there.

I do hope that this has not deterred your from using Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future and hope that we will be able to welcome you back again.