Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
US$137
US$125
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$127
US$95
  • Free Internet
5,684 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight stayfamily roomone night staycheck in was quickchecking ingood nights sleepbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had on another occasion spent a night in the nearby Premier Inn. Principally because it was cheaper and have used them on other occasions elsewhere. I believe they may well have timber floors at that location, as we could hear movement throughout the night, resulting in a poor nights sleep. Also a charge was levied for the courtesy bus. Additionally I believe I have rarely, if ever waited as long for a meal to be served, as we did in their restaurant. Bewleys by contrast was closer to the airport and had a free courtesy bus, so although dearer than Premier Inn we thought that we would give them a try. We are so glad that we did. We had a nice meal in the restaurant, the price we thought to be reasonable, the service was good despite being busy and the bar, although also busy, was comfortable. Bar meals were available should we have desired and appeared to very good too, once more the speed of service seemed impressive. The room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. Importantly it was quiet, no disturbances at all, which was good because we had an early rise for our flight. One down side was the lack of air conditioning in the room and I suspect, the entire hotel. I had wondered why our bedroom window was open when we went in, and it seemed all the other windows I could see from our room. It was then that I noticed the absence of air con. We closed the window and the room certainly became rather warm but thankfully we slept OK.

1  Thank Mike O
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for reviewing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. It is only through open and honest communication that we can continue to improve on the product and service that we already provide.

I am glad that after your experience with another brand you decided to give us a try, I do understand that due to our location this can be more expensive at times. It was lovely to hear that, on the whole, you had an enjoyable stay with us.

As you mentioned, not all of our rooms, at present, have air conditioning. If it would make any future stays more comfortable then we are more than happy to allocate these in advance, please feel free to make this request at the time of booking.

Should the need arise I do hope that you have been impressed enough to use Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport again in the future. We certainly look forward to prospect of being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed in the old part of the hotel ( after a bit of a mix up on the hotels behalf and being sent up to the 8th floor in the external lift, terrifying if yo are frightened of heights!!!!!!!). The beds are really comfortable but the rest did need updating . We dined at the Crowne Plaza which is just next door. We have stayed in both hotels and find them both to be similar but the Crowne Plaza has a much more reasonable dining option in the Irish bar. The transfers are ok but you do need to book on arrival.

Room Tip: If you dont like heights be sure to ask for a lower ground floor room

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that we were able to assist in sorting a more “comfortable” room out for you, the glass lift situated in the new wing is not for everyone! A refurbishment for the older side of the building will be coming shortly and we believe that this will provide even more comfort to our guests in the future.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope that you have not been deterred from using the hotel again in the future. Should you need any assistance with future bookings then please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Reservations team or myself directly.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at Bewleys Manchester aiprort because we had an early flight. Staff was very friendly & hotel very clean. We found only 2 down falls to staying here, the first being the room did not have air conditioning & it was extremely hot. The windows did open but because we were near airport there was lots of traffic noise & noise from the planes coming & going. So it was either be to hot to sleep or too noisy to sleep. Also food & drinks were very expensive & our family meal & drinks cost a lotx

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport to be friendly and clean.

As mentioned in previous reviews, sadly at present we do not have air conditioning in all of the rooms, however may I suggest that if this is a facility that you prefer, this can be requested at the time of booking and we will do everything we can to honour these requests.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Used this hotel for the park & fly facility which worked reasonably well - only drawback for me was the longish walk back from terminal 2 (could have got the bus but couldn't be bothered waiting). Also worth noting that there queues for the bus going to the terminal even at 4.45 in the morning!

The accommodation itself is a fairly basic budget hotel but clean and surprisingly quiet given it's location. The place was packed so there were queues at check in, no seats in the bar and it generally lacked any atmosphere. The restaurant was not bad with a pub type menu and standard. It all felt a bit functional but in the end did the job - certainly good value for overnight accommodation and 8 days parking.

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your honest and informative review of Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am glad that on the most part you had a clean and comfortable stay with us. I am sure you understand that with 365 bedrooms, during the holiday season we do get very busy across all departments. I am confident that all members of our Team work to the best of their ability in keeping everything running as smoothly as possible during these periods.

With regards to the complimentary shuttle bus, this service runs 24 hours a day with 3 buses running continuously during the day and 2 throughout the night. During the extra busy morning times, we also enlist the assistance of a local taxi firm to ensure that all guests get their destination in good time. Should you choose to stay with us again in the future, I believe the waiting time for your collection at the terminal would be minimal and if it proves a little easier then may I suggest that you give it a try; I hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore we a truly grateful for your booking and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a stop over waiting for a flight.

Good things first. Room was clean and tidy. Just what we needed for a 1 night stay. Bathroom was also very clean. Shuttle service was very handy. Busses are every 10/15 minutes.

Now the not so good. We ordered room service the night we arrived, not wanting to go to the restaurant after a long day and it was average at best. Tasted like it was just re heated. But the worst thing was check in. Stood in a queue for 20 minutes and then another 10 minutes at the counter while we got our key.

Will be looking to try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. It is only through open and honest communication that we can move our business forward whilst keeping our guests as our main focus.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable over night stay but was disappointed to learn that your room service order appeared to have been lacking. I have forwarded your comments on to both our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager who are continually looking at ways to better the offering that we provide.

With regards to your check in experience; please accept my apologies for the wait you received. As I am sure you understand, as a busy Airport hotel, there are times when we can get an influx of people off flights that have all landed together as well as those guests that have arrived for the start of the holiday by car. I do understand that this can prove to be an inconvenience however; we like to ensure that all guests are dealt with as quickly as possible whilst also making sure that we obtain all the relevant and necessary information from them to minimise any disruption during their stay.

I am disappointed that this has deterred you from staying with us again but please be assured, should the need arise we look forward to welcoming you back.