“Nice Hotel, Rude Reception Staff”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Dublin
“Nice Hotel, Rude Reception Staff”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here recently as part of a Celtic Tours coach trip, we arrived Saturday 2nd August evening time and were by a male & female who handed out our keys. The female was extremely rude to the older members of the party which was very unnecessary. The pick up time for the following day had been brought forward by an hour which did not suit the staff! They said they had not been notified and that we could only come for breakfast on Sunday at 8pm. Some of the older members said they were diabetic and needed to eat when they woke. The female said that was not her problem and take it up with Celtic Tours. As we were departing at 8:30am one guest said she needed more time for breakfast, the female said that she could come down but she would not be served and would be turned away. Her manner was extremely rude and unaccommodating. This was my first stay at a Bewley's hotel and I may not return. I found the bar staff surly and abrupt so we left and ate in the hotel next door. The cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The reception on check out on Monday morning was also surly and abrupt. Very unfortunate as the hotel is nice and bedrooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank donnamw
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience for Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry for all of the confusion that was experienced upon arrival and through to breakfast.

All coach parties are made aware of the timings we require for breakfast and dinner, if necessary, prior to arrival as more often than not we have a number of coaches in at the same time. Having investigated your comments I believe your departure had changed without our knowledge, meaning that your scheduled breakfast time was no longer convenient. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused whilst we tried to find a more suitable time for you. Of course, any guests that have a medical condition are entitled to eat at a time to suit their needs. I was disappointed that the level of service you appear to have received, these comments have been passed on to our Front Office Manager who will indeed use this as a training tool for his team. Customer service is paramount to the success of our business and as such is an ongoing training commitment.

I do hope that you found breakfast to be to your liking in the morning and hope that your onward journey was a pleasant one. I am confident that given the opportunity we can prove that you experience is not indicative of the levels of service that we aim to provide and should you return to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport I am sure we will be able to change the impression that you have been left with.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent one night before taking a flight from Terminal 3. Complimentary shuttle service pick up from the train station (one uses the telephone located near he main exit doors to summon a shuttle, which arrived very promptly. I also appreciated the shuttle to the airport following morning. The staff I encountered were all excellent, very cheerful and very keen to assist. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and bathroom well laid out with a powerful very warm shower...very welcome to wake me up early the following morning. I didn't use the bar or breakfast so cant comment. I am pleased I also chose he hotel for a family stay in December

Room Tip: I was in 473 a twin facing the airport, but heard no road, airport or foot traffic
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark H
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind review. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable and friendly stay and look forward to doing so again for you and your family in December.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was way to hot. I couldn't sleep even with the windows open. The shuttle to the airport however was excellent and the driver was very professional. The hotel would benefit with air conditioning. I was surprised a modern hotel didn't have this feature.

Room Tip: Get a room with air conditioning if at all possible
1 Thank bickybtrains
Dear Reviewer

Unfortunately Air Conditioning is not available in all of our rooms; please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by this.

I understand that the lack of this feature may deter you from using Bewleys Hotel again in the future but I sincerely hope that we will get a further opportunity to welcome you back if the need arises.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel feels very smart. Rooms are a good size with comfy furniture. Large dining area and bar. Handy airport transport bus at no extra charge. Friendly reception staff. No airport noise. Good range of food options at standard prices.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HarveyNobum
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for reviewing your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am so glad that we were able to provide your comfortable stay.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope you would consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Oxford. Uk
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Bewleys the night before we left for Jamaica ...check in was very pleasant quick and informative....restaurant looked very nice but we chose to have a meal in the bar as the World Cup final was on TV that evening. Really nice food and brilliant service good prices.Wifi was available in the rooms .Our room was very comfortable and very clean. The shuttle bus collected us from the rail station when we arrived ,and took us over to the terminal the next morning.Very reliable prompt service much better than other airport hotels who's shuttle bus service leaves alot to be desired ! Overall an excellent place to stay and we would definately stay again . Thanks Bewleys !

Room Tip: Up on the 8th floor there is a viewing window to overlook the airport
1 Thank Cindy B
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your review is extremely informative and therefore valuable to our future guests, and I thank you for that.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Proximity of hotel for airport with free shuttle bus was excellent..
The food and service in the Brasserie was excellent; as was breakfast.
The room however was too hot and there was an occasional 'drain smell'. Didn't complain as we only stayed one night and the smell disappeared when the window was opened.

Room Tip: We only stayed as a stop over for airport and didn't complain about room as we'd been travel...
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind and honest review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel was very nice for an airport hotel. Had two good dinners at the retsaurant and enjoyed a few drinks on th eoutdoor terrace. Accommodation was good for a 3 star. When we got home we realised my mam had left her GHD behind, I rang them and reported it lost. They were very helpful and rang me back then next day saying they had found the straightner. Housekeeping were great and they even posted it back to us. May other hotel staff would just report it lost and not bother following up but I have to say they housekeeping/accommodation staff were great and went th e
extra mile. (I never leave tripadvisor reviews but was so impressed that I am now writing my first ever!!) Also Wifi was great!

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport, and what a great first review!

I am so glad that we were able to assist with finding your Mam’s GHD’s and that all was handled in a quick, friendly and efficient manner. I have forwarded these comments on to our Head Housekeeper for her to share with her team. Good comments are a great tool to keep morale at a high and show team members that even the smallest gesture can make a massive impression.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future when we can continue to build on the already lasting impressions that you have.