“Excellent”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #50 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Brilliant hotel stayed there when flying out from manchester airport just round the corner got a free shuttle service to and from airport room was great staff very helpful I left some luggage at the hotel and they posted it out to me free of charge would defo go back if flying from manchester again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

It is great to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us and I am so glad that we were able to reunite you with your left luggage.

We look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the first time we have booked here before flying on holiday to Greece, we got the courtesy bus from Manchester airport train station to the hotel then the next morning to the airport terminal, the hotel is very nice staff are very friendly and the food is great with a good choice on menu will definitely use again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy J

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope you would consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

stayed here prior to flying, the hotel was very busy(M56 closure making travel difficult). The rooms are clean, well appointed and in good decorative order. The Brasserie needs to be booked in advance for evening meals as it was full, this could have been due to the above issue! Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and all the staff were helpful. The only issue was the extraneous outside noise, not only from aircraft but also people talking and rolling bags around the carpark, we had a ground floor room, so this may not be sch a problem on higher levels! I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and outside noise was not an issue!

Room Tip: try to get rooms above the ground floor and away from the carpark
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. I am sorry that your visit coincided with the closure of the M56, this was very inconvenient to all concerned and I sincerely hope you weren’t too delayed.

As a busy Airport hotel, with guests arriving and departing 24 hours per day, I am sure you understand that there is always a degree of hustle and bustle. Having said this though, we also strive to provide all of our guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay when they are with us I can see that from the disturbance you incurred, this was not the case during your visit. I am truly sorry about this and do hope that you have not been deterred from staying with us again in the future.

I am confident should you require accommodation in the future we can allocate one of quieter rooms for your visit and go some way towards changing the impression that you have been left with. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with this. gr.manchesterairport@bewleyshotels.com

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before our flight.Great start to our holiday.checked in early helpful staff.Rooms a good size was warm could do with aircon.Had a meal at the bar and wasn't too expensive.Good free trip to the airport too which was gd.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Haighy1

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind and honest review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We live in Spain and arrived at Manchester airport at 1am in the morning. The hotel is only a short walk from Terminal 3 and they provide a shuttle if it is raining or you have a lot of luggage. The staff are very attentive and the hotel is a good size and made to a high spec. Breakfast is of a high quality with plenty of choice. My only complaint would be the rooms where very hot and the pillows were massive. However on the whole good trip. The hotel also had free WIFI and the good thing was it was just an open wifi when most free wifi requires a lot of questions to be answered.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated well, very clean. Rooms seem new or kept in great condition. Rooms are a good size and the bathroom is lovely too. Tv's have sky TV and there is room facilities such as tea and coffee, hair dryer and ironing board. The receptionists were very cheery. My negatives, it was far too hot, I opened the windows but it was too noisy to stand so I had to close the windows and swear buckets. They really need either air conditioning or a fan. I would also recommend some more plug sockets in the room near the bed as I wanted to use my iPad so had to sit at the desk.

Overall a lovely hotel, I was here on business so not sure I would pay the price for a pre holiday stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Neetsnewts

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport. It is only through open and honest communication that we can look at our business as a whole and see what we are doing well and indeed areas where we can improve.

I am glad that on the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us but unfortunately, as you have pointed out, Air Conditioning is not available in all of our rooms; please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by this during the warm weather. We do have a number of fans available at Reception, I do hope that if Reception were aware of your issue than you were provided with one of these.

With regards to the location on the sockets, this has been noted and will be bought for discussion in future renovation meetings.

We do offer a variety of rates that also include long stay holiday parking and therefore I hope there will be something to suit should you require accommodation close to the Airport in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here night before our flight. check in simple and quick, friendly reception staff. We had a family room on the 2nd floor which is where all family rooms are. Room size was good and had 2 double beds in which were comfortable, we stayed during the heat wave in July, so the room was very hot and uncomfortable, we didn't really get a lot of sleep that night, I was really surprised there was no air conditioning which is a real shame as it has put me off from staying here in the future. The windows open out in the room and there is no safety catch on them which is a danger for families with young children as any little explorers could easily climb up onto window ledge and fall out, there is a warning sign on the window but I feel there should be safety catches on them. Our window also didn't close properly which we found to be noisey, as we could hear the planes taking off at all hours. Bathroom is a good size. We ate in the restaurant and also had breakfast, food was nice and reasonably priced. children went to the kids play area but just about everything in there you had to pay for so take plenty of money. We parked our car here for 2 weeks which they take off site and bring back for your return, we had no problems with the service and also used the hotels courtesy coach service across to the airport which was great, drivers very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

It was good to see that on the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us. Unfortunately, as you have pointed out, Air Conditioning is not available in all of our rooms; please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by this during the warm weather. I have forwarded your comments on to both our Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager who will check the rooms on the 2nd floor to locate the window that isn’t closing, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I completely understand that you may wish to stay elsewhere to benefit from Air Conditioning but am confident that should your return, we will be able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back should the need arise.