“One stay at Bewleys hotel Manchester airport”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #47 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Bangkok, Thailand
“One stay at Bewleys hotel Manchester airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel came as part of a Sports Package from Thomas Cook. The only way for us to get tickets to see Manchester United play on 16 August just gone.
We arrived at the hotel at around 11:30 am, as I proceeded to check-in and gave them my name, I was met with an unfriendly response: "You can't check-in until 2 o'clock", without any emotion or any kind of friendly gesture.. We weren't too bothered by that, as we needed to hurry for the football match.
Once back at the hotel the check-in process was ok and we got our room.
The room was nice, with a clean bathroom and a comfortable bed.
The room included breakfast, so in the morning we proceeded to the restaurant, where we were told to take a table anywhere in the restaurant and help ourselves to the buffet breakfast.
When we found a table to have our breakfast we were told that we couldn't sit there, as they those tables were for dinner !!??
Breakfast itself was ok, but the kitchen couldn't keep up with demand and often trays were empty and had to be asked for.
The restaurant itself looked dowdy to me and could do with a make-over. Everything was decorated in various shades of brown; not of this time anymore...
Members of staff were ok, but I wouldn't say very friendly or trying to provide an excellent experience.
I would only stay at this hotel again if nothing else was available.
The location is good if you require the airport, but if the town center is your destination, it is not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frans M
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

It is only through open and honest communication that we see our business through the eyes of our guests and have an indication of the things that we are doing well, as well as areas that we could improve upon.

I can see from your review that on the whole your stay was clean and comfortable however this was let down by the level of customer service received. Due to this I have forwarded your comments on to the relevant Heads of Department for them to share with their teams. Customer Service is paramount to the success of the hotel and although I completely understand that I can’t change the experience that you had, I would hope that by using this example we can prevent situations like this from happening again in the future.

I am confident that, given the opportunity, we will be able to improve on the impression that you have been left with and therefore hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel, good parking and a decent dinner in the brasserie (I opted for the risotto). The hotel was busy, but service at check in and in the brasserie was good. Good shower, but towels were on the (very) small side. The worst point: I did not sleep a wink. The bed could hardly be classed as a double. Every time I turned over, I nearly fell out. The room (115) was directly above the main entrance. This meant I heard every shuttle bus and every conversation of those waiting for the shuttle. (I had the window open as there was no air con). The doors on the rooms didn't have soft close facilities, and I was woken by neighbours' doors slamming (literally) on a a number if occasions. Did not sleep a wink. Hardly ideal before flying to a conference to work. Would I stay again? Probably not, but if I was tempted, would request a room away from the entrance.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda F
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I was pleased to see that on the most part you enjoyed your stay with us but obviously disappointed that we, on this occasion, were not able to provide you with a full night’s sleep. As I am sure you understand, as a busy Airport hotel we do have guests arriving and departing at all times throughout the day and night hence a reason for the doors slamming. The doors are extremely heavy as per the fire safety laws and can be quite cumbersome when negotiating them with luggage and I am sorry for the disruption this caused you. . All of the double rooms in the hotel have at least a standard double sized bed and then we also have our split king beds, which can be made into either a king sized double or separated into twin singles. Perhaps, if the need arises and you were to book again in the future, one of these rooms would be more suitable.

I am truly sorry that your experience was found to be lacking but am confident that, given the opportunity, we will be able to prove that this is certainly not indicative of that which we aim to provide and will be able to improve on the impression you have been left with.

Canvey Island, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A great nights sleep with an excellent breakfast buffet.
Courtesy bus picked us up at 1am and quickly got us to our bed.
A little bit pricier than some of the other hotels but felt worth it when we arrived late and they were able to be quick to get us into the room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela F
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Burncourt, Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here recently, Staff are nice and friendly and very helpful!

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the bed was good, hard to get a good nights sleep when your away from home, but can't complain this time.

Food is good in the evenings, my only gripe was breakfast.... not great... buffet and plenty of it, but, the scrambled eggs were like plastic - powdered eggs used for this i think..... fried eggs perfect!

The shuttle bus service is great and free too.

I'd would stay here again...

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and it was very quiet, i slept well......
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

It was nice to see that on the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have read your comments regarding the scrambled eggs and forwarded this on to our Head Chef. The scrambled eggs are made from fresh eggs with cream and therefore I am sorry they appeared to be overcooked on the occasion you were in for breakfast. I know I cannot change the experience that you had but by using you informative comments, further training can be given to the team to prevent this from happening again in the future.

I am glad that you have not been deterred from staying with us again in the future and look forward to the prospect of being able to welcome you back.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've stayed at this hotel twice -on two different trips. A very convenient location if you are arriving or leaving from Manchester - right at the airport !! This time, we stayed at the end of our vacation and used the location to explore beautiful Manchester. Since the train station is right there, it was more than perfect.
We found the people at the front desk very helpful. The hotel has a shuttle service that takes you to any of the terminals and also to the airport train station. The van driver (we think that Allan was his name) was lovely.

The least attractive aspect of this hotel is the quality of the meals. However, most travelers would say that about all airport hotel food.

Thank you!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your loyalty.

I do hope you will be visiting again in the future and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back and continuing to build on the already good impressions you have.

Lesmahagow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight using the parknfly service. This was a good experience with helpful and polite staff. The hotel is very convenient for the airport and offers a shuttle bus service free of charge and only takes minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jan B
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that you were impressed with our Park, Stay & Fly package and that we were able to provide you with efficient and convenient service.

I do hope that if you ever require accommodation at Manchester Airport again in the future you will consider returning to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I always stay over here if i have an early flight. A double/twin room usually costs app £56.00. The rooms are big and modern with lovely beds and bathrooms. The pillows are to die for really comfy. You can also usually get a deal with a meal added in their restaurant. The food is good and service great. Check in/out really fast and they do airport shuttle which is only a couple of mins to the airport. Good value hotel which is a great stopover. oh and the breakfast was good too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Foxy1515
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay, and I have to admit I agree with you about the pillows!

I do hope that if you need accommodation at Manchester Airport again in the future you will consider returning so that we can do the same all over again.