Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
5,675 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight stayfamily roomone night staycheck in was quickchecking ingood nights sleepbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Arrived Late in the afternoon. Check in was ok although a little bit of wait as the receptionists have to go through where guests have to leave their cars if flying out the next day.
We parked in the main car park but was told to take it round the back and it will be removed from the site two miles away. we had to check our mileage and write it down along with any marks scratches bumps sort of thing. That done we went to our room. Clean roomie for two adults and one child. Left our bags and went in the bar for a meal opted for a Sunday roast type meal very reasonable prices off hand I can't remember but for a hotel it was on par with pub prices. Waiter service was polite and the meal arrived within 15 minutes. Kids eat free too before 1900hrs which we did not know but the receptionist told us. As we were going to eat at 1930 which was nice of her. The bar sells the usual keg beers and ciders.[ Not my cup of tea] so I asked if they had any real ales in bottles which they do and 4 to select from a local brewery but they are sold at hotel prices so pricey again I can't remember the price [holiday mode] but £4 seems to ring a bell but not to be quoted on. I think a pint of cider a pint bottle of real ale and a coke was £10.15

Had a comfortable night sleep woke at 0330 for a 0400 pick up to be driven to terminal two at Manchester airport. Around a dozen or so people waiting outside to be picked up but the mini buses from the hotel are very frequent.

On our arrival from our holiday you have to use a red or white telephone to ring the hotel for your pick up once you have got your bags and cleared customs. Tried and got engaged tones for around 2 minutes when got through we were given clear instructions of where to wait for the bus and told it would be 15 minutes, which it was. Five minutes back to the hotel.

Upon arrival you hand over a white form with your car details and the key is handed over and you are told where your car is parked.
When I got to my car it looked like it had been left in a field as it had a lot of mud sprayed up along the wheel arches and along the full body of the car where splashes of mud and/or sand where evident. Not at all what we were expecting to see on our return as it was not in that state when we left it. A rinse service at the very least would not go amiss as we were expecting to return to the car in the same condition it was left. So a word of warning don't take your car gleaming as it will probably need a wash on your return. The mileage was correct tho 4 miles added to the odometer.
On the whole it's a nice hotel only to be let down by the state of your car upon your arrival so I think if I fly from Manchester again I would probably look for a place where the car stays and as a bonus undercover so will be shopping around

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Garry C
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your extremely detailed review that will be of great benefit to your fellow travellers.

I am so glad that on the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us but was disappointed that this had been let down by the appearance of your car on your return. I can assure you that all our cars are taken, and professionally parked, on a gravelled purpose built complex and I have forwarded the aforementioned comments onto our parking company, Peter Ashley Car Parking. After these an investigation was launched to check the cleanliness of the cars on the return and it was noted that the silt from the gravel was causing a degree of spray during and after wet weather. Due to this all cars are now hosed prior to being returned to remove this residue.

I completely understand that this does not change the experience that you had but it is thanks to your communication that we have been able to rectify this problem.

I do hope that in light of this you would consider returning to Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport should the need arise, and if this is the case, then we look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was Convenient for an early flight. We checked in early, got supper at the Brasserie and then went to sleep early for an early flight. It was so convenient to the airport we just walked across tot he terminal. The weather was cool and dry.

Room Tip: The view of the airport and railway station were worth watching.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnWard2013
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your lovely review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I do understand that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for one night prior to flying to Oz and arranged car parking for 3 weeks (some hotels only allow parking for up to 15 days).
The hotel is very busy as expected, especially in bar & restaurant areas. However, the room was very quiet, spacious and well furnished.
The transfers to and from the airport worked like a dream. I would certainly use the hotel again for a park & fly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

It is great to hear that you will consider staying with us again and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Checked in and it was fine and straightforward.They also checked if I would need the shuttle bus to the terminal but I didnt as it was only a 5 min walk well signposted to terminal three or terminal one which was wonderful.

Went to get some dinner in the bar and it was very crowded. Menu was basic with pizzas, curry, sandwiches. Food was ok.

Quite noisy during the night. People stumbling back to their hotel rooms, bed wasnt very comfortable.

Hairdryer was useless. Great that there were plenty of towels and tea coffee facilities.

Breakfast wasnt great. Again basic usual buffet where food is going cold left out on trays.No jugs for milk if you get a pot of tea. No teaspoons either.

Check out was fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank holiday066

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport for your fellow traveller on Trip Advisor.

As the 3* property based on the Airport complex we hope that we offer a clean, comfortable and efficient product and service at a reasonable price and hope that you feel that too?

As I am sure you can imagine, as a busy airport hotel with 365 bedrooms we do get very busy during the holiday season and I apologise if you were inconvenienced by this. We do have signs in the corridors asking our guests to be considerate of others and it is always disappointing when the actions of others disrupt those getting ready for an early morning flight.

With regards to breakfast, I am sorry that you found this to be lacking when you visited. The food, although freely available for self service, is kept hot using the hotplates and lamps and replenished on a regular basis; please accept my apologies if this were not the case when you dined. I have forwarded these comments on to our Food & Beverage Manager who will check that all of the equipment and indeed procedure are working correctly to ensure that all food is the correct temperature when being plated up.

I hope you have not been deterred from staying with us again in the future and look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

easy straight forward check in - car handover easy
room small for a family of 4 but served its 1 night purpose
restaurant nice good quality food except there was plastic in the ice cream from the carton and did not receive much of an apology !
Excellent drop off and pick up for the airport

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your review referring to your recent stay at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

Please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory dessert and indeed for the way in which this was handled. I have forwarded these comments on to our Food & Beverage Manager, and although I completely understand I cannot change the experience that you received we use comments like this as a training tool for the team.